ADVERTISEMENT

Best thing about Stewart Hire Big 10 Game Prep experience

bg red planet

Jun 8, 2010
He gives the new staff a leg up on game preparation for the big 10. Having already broken down teams as a D-Coordinator at Maryland. Remember NU's 1st year in big 10 and a new prep for every team (time Consuming) His knowledge should be of great help.

Last year, Maryland's first in the B1G Maryland played Iowa, Wisconsin, MSU, and Rutgers that we play this year. They beat Iowa. So yes, his insight may be helpful preparing for those games.

I assume staffs that get overwhelmed by the media, the fans, expectations, recruiting, other teams' adjustments, lack of AD support, inadequate recruiting budget, chancellor and regents out to get them, and not being able to recruit from their cars are similarly overwhelmed by joining a new conference and having to break down some new film.

I further assume staffs not overwhelmed by all of the above will have super-sharp support personnel to scout the opponents and minimize the burden on the coaches used to playing PAC 12 teams. Lets hope our new staff is one of those.

I never bought into "how hard" it was moving to the B1G, but maybe I am naïve.

Just like the shock of losing Coach Warren, who I really like; this is a move up ; seemingly across the board in getting another highly experiences coach ( I have no doubt he will be Warrens equal in recruiting, at minimum ). :You can love them both; but scout the newspaper articles and comments from N ties. ..... I don't think we are naive; as much as stunned, making us seem naive. Look at mizzou and A+ M ; taking a shot inside the SEC. I like your " further assume " portion; Our AD and staff have their goals ; glad we have HCMR to join the team to them. Why should we have to assume less ? GBR

Originally posted by Husker.Wed.:

The Husker roster wasn't built to compete defensively when they transitioned to the Big Ten.

Originally posted by Cornicator:

The Husker roster wasn't built to compete defensively when they transitioned to the Big Ten.
Then why were we favored to win the B1G when we moved there? Expectations were pretty high, I think the problem was our staff wasn't built to win anywhere. We would have gotten curb stomped in the Big 12 if we had stayed as well. See the points those guys were scoring after we left? NU would have gotten trucked big time in the Big 12. We were lucky we went to a lower scoring conference. Haven't looked up any stats to back it up, but it seemed like the Big 12 scoring per team was 50-60 each every damn time they played, and it seemed like the B1G team scoring was about 21 each

Originally posted by siegsker:
We were supposed show the B1G what speed was all about. Remember that?
DON"T EVEN GET ME STARTED!!! What a waste of several years with that staff we had. B1G was ripe for the pickins with Ohio State having their issues and Michigan being down. It was right freaking there!!!!! Now we're gonna have to actually win it the old fashioned way.

If NU truly wants to "win championships" and be relevant, they have to have a defense built to handle all comers. They might have to play an Alabama one week and an Oregon the next.

Originally posted by litespeedhuskerfan:

Then why were we favored to win the B1G when we moved there? Expectations were pretty high, I think the problem was our staff wasn't built to win anywhere. We would have gotten curb stomped in the Big 12 if we had stayed as well. See the points those guys were scoring after we left? NU would have gotten trucked big time in the Big 12. We were lucky we went to a lower scoring conference. Haven't looked up any stats to back it up, but it seemed like the Big 12 scoring per team was 50-60 each every damn time they played, and it seemed like the B1G team scoring was about 21 each
I think that's a valid argument. However, the poor roster management was all Bo's fault, and it still is in 2015. He recruited some solid "bits and pieces" in the defensive front 7, but the overall lack of depth and inability to capitalize on big time talents like Suh, Crick, and Lavonte with reference to recruiting was mind boggling.

are past game plans and scouting reports - presumably saved in electronic format - property of the university or the coaches who developed them??

does the new staff have access to prior scouting reports

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT