Best starting pitcher in the Erstad Era?

RobsterMobster

Administrator
Jan 5, 2010
I know the season just ended but I’m mentally and emotionally not ready to let it go. Probably because 24 hours ago I thought we were potentially heading to a Super Regional.

With that said, would you consider Matt Waldron the best pitcher in the Erstad era?

I do believe we’ve have a few good ones in Aaron Bummer, Kyle Kubat, Chance Sinclair, DeLeon, Jake Myers etc. but I’m not sure any of them had a sense for the strike zone like Waldron.

k9_r

Defensive Coordinator
Jul 31, 2010
I want to say Bummer because 'stuff' right. But Matt certainly had the best senior season in recent memory. Really consistent and reliable.

bigredrl

Blackshirt
Gold Member
Oct 4, 2002
Wichita, KS
I want to say Bummer because 'stuff' right. But Matt certainly had the best senior season in recent memory. Really consistent and reliable.
He had a stretch middle to late season that he got roughed up in a couple of consecutive starts but his walk to k ratio was almost unheard of. Kid has good command.

HuskerFan31

Administrator
Sep 10, 2006
I know the season just ended but I’m mentally and emotionally not ready to let it go. Probably because 24 hours ago I thought we were potentially heading to a Super Regional.

With that said, would you consider Matt Waldron the best pitcher in the Erstad era?

I do believe we’ve have a few good ones in Aaron Bummer, Kyle Kubat, Chance Sinclair, DeLeon, Jake Myers etc. but I’m not sure any of them had a sense for the strike zone like Waldron.
Depends on what your criteria is for "best pitcher." If I needed a win I would be hard pressed to pick someone not named Jake Meyers.

Reactions: gunNrun

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006
Depends on what your criteria is for "best pitcher." If I needed a win I would be hard pressed to pick someone not named Jake Meyers.
I always thought Jake Meyers was overrated, but he did seem to pitch his best in the biggest moments.

HuskerFan31

Administrator
Sep 10, 2006
I always thought Jake Meyers was overrated, but he did seem to pitch his best in the biggest moments.
He wasn't the most talented guy I've ever seen but he was a gamer. I wonder what his stats would have looked like if he focused on pitching for three years.