ADVERTISEMENT

Best non Nebraska football venue

I actually like going to Boulder. Never really had a bad time there. I think having longtime Husker friends who live in Denver and my Colorado cousins to go to the games makes it more fun. My grandfather had season tickets back in the sixties and seventies. Boise State has a fun little stadium. Good crowd, fun pregame atmosphere. Riding the Foss Barge Company's yacht the "Thea Foss" from Salmon Bay in Lake Union up the Cut to Husky Stadium can be very fun. Husky Stadium is sneaky good for eye candy early in the season. Being a casual observer for Ducks versus the Dawgs battles is very interesting. I would say fans from both schools are obnoxious and love spending a fall afternoon trying to out irritate one another. I think you guys will all see a high level of elitism emanating from the fans from the four former Pac 12 schools joining the BIG this year and it is not really tied to their team's performance. I used to like going K-State but haven't been there for years. I thought watching the Huskers play UCLA and the Rose Bowl was fun. I thought they had the best food. I've also enjoying going to North Carolina games. They have the hedge thing ringing the field. I am pretty sure other schools have that as well. They definitely have a segment of their crowd who likes to dress up and just be seen. I think that is a Southern thing. (When I go to any warm day football game, I am likely to have on running shoes, nice shorts, a t-shirt and baseball hat. My brother-in-law who has an MBA from UNC will be wearing to the same game a nice button-down dress shirt containing some amount of Carolina Blue, khaki or dress pants along with dress shoes. He is a director for the largest electrical power company in the state, so I think he wants to be prepared in case he has to hobnob with fellow businesspeople.)

I have been to CU, ISU, KU, KSU, MU, ASU(Fiesta Bowl), Miami (Orange Bowl), Arrowhead (Big 12 Championship), St. Louis (Big 12 Championship), and AT&T Stadium (Dallas Big 12 Championship).

By far the best stadium was the Cowboys Stadium. Was there in year 2 after it opened. If ever Nebraska plays another game in that stadium…I will definitely be there.

I do want to see Nebraska play at Iowa for 2 reasons. Reason 1 to win the game and reason 2 to participate in the wave to the patients at the children’s hospital.
I went to the NFL Pro Bowl in Irving, Texas in 1973. Mean Joe Greene, Art Shell, Bob Lilly. At that time, the BIG linemen that were all pros were all about 6'3"-6'5" and 270, so the game has changed just a bit. Shot a picture of Mercury Morris and O.J. Simpson in the end zone when ironically they would both later wind up in prison. I love the college football atmosphere although its becoming more pro-like with every passing year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT