ADVERTISEMENT

Best Big Ten quarterback so far this weekend...

Tulsa Tom

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Aug 28, 2003
It may have to go to Tommy. He didn't play great but I did see improvement in him. Our supposed first round studs in the Big Ten in Cook and Hackenberg laid big eggs especially considering the competition. A couple others put up big numbers but the opponents were little more than playing against air.

Considering that we were stuffed much of the day running the ball (except when we exploited their nose being out), it was good to have Tommy show poise and confidence. If he quits throwing off the backfoot he could be even better.

Last edited:
I thought Tommy played pretty great. If the running game would have been better we would of won. That isn't on Tommy. As it is I am not too upset. New systems on both sides of the ball, new coaching staff, and one of the youngest teams ever considering the underclassman playing. I wish we would have been in position to knock down the ball but that game was a great game to watch. Fun, entertaining and full of drama. I like Tommy quite a bit. I was very proud of him. I was also very proud of the team. They should learn a lot this week. I am still pretty pumped about the season.

Reactions: arf_man
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT