ADVERTISEMENT

Best #16 in Husker history

Hard to pick a top player at this number, a lot of really good players. I'm going with WR Maurice Purify. I want to say he was one of our (if not the) first big-bodied wide receivers. Too bad he packed on the pounds between 2006 and 2007. Still had a good season, but I recall our WR coach at the time (Ted Gilmore?) saying he needed to drop weight or move to TE in the preseason.

Honorable Mention...
- CB Stanley Jean-Baptiste. Cemented Bauserman's appearance of infamy in the 2011 Ohio State game.
- CB Erwin Swiney. Started as a true freshman in 1997 and again the next season, then an injury kept him out and while he started later, wasn't really the same.
- FS and Current Washington football executive Eric Stokes.
- Backup QB, Omaha Attorney, and NFL Referee Clete Blakeman. He had to enter in relief for Steve Taylor quite a few times.

Moment...
Mike Stuntz. 2001. Oklahoma.

Personal memory...
CB Ethan Cox wore #16 when he was at Nebraska. I had the opportunity to watch him play a few times when he was at Blair. His junior season (2015), Mount Michael entered the game 2-6, but 2-0 in district play with an opportunity to go to State with a win. Well, Blair starting QB Ethan Cox put an end to any of those hopes early, starting the game 4 for 4 for 164 yards... and 4 (f-o-u-r) touchdowns.

Good selections above, although I'm pretty sure Blakeman wore #12.

I'll add kicker Chris Drennan, who had a nice career at NU. I think he wore #16 at least a year or two.

Reactions: saluno22
Hard to pick a top player at this number, a lot of really good players. I'm going with WR Maurice Purify. I want to say he was one of our (if not the) first big-bodied wide receivers. Too bad he packed on the pounds between 2006 and 2007. Still had a good season, but I recall our WR coach at the time (Ted Gilmore?) saying he needed to drop weight or move to TE in the preseason.

Honorable Mention...
- CB Stanley Jean-Baptiste. Cemented Bauserman's appearance of infamy in the 2011 Ohio State game.
- CB Erwin Swiney. Started as a true freshman in 1997 and again the next season, then an injury kept him out and while he started later, wasn't really the same.
- FS and Current Washington football executive Eric Stokes.
- Backup QB, Omaha Attorney, and NFL Referee Clete Blakeman. He had to enter in relief for Steve Taylor quite a few times.

Moment...
Mike Stuntz. 2001. Oklahoma.

Personal memory...
CB Ethan Cox wore #16 when he was at Nebraska. I had the opportunity to watch him play a few times when he was at Blair. His junior season (2015), Mount Michael entered the game 2-6, but 2-0 in district play with an opportunity to go to State with a win. Well, Blair starting QB Ethan Cox put an end to any of those hopes early, starting the game 4 for 4 for 164 yards... and 4 (f-o-u-r) touchdowns.
Blakeman wore #12

Reactions: scarletred
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT