Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 4, 2021
GV6xlDpWkAAixy-

it appears we have 4 co-#1 RBs

outside of QB, WR and OG it looks exactly the same as last year

IGC returning punts? gross

There are a few interesting ones:

Safety - Bretz & Derek Branch???? (Who is Branch)
Guard - Knaak at guard (Probably a good move as it seemed just lacked somehting at tackle)
Rover - Rahmir Stewart (Interesting as you just never heard his name pop up)
your post about the seniors finally moving on is ringing in my head

ready for a lot of new

Year Three!

Reactions: leodisflowers
Alex Bullock and Malachi Coleman were starting at WR at the end of last year. Both are 3rd string. Really hopeful that the upgrade in WR talent is a difference maker this year
WR and QB should be a nice duo. Dylan doesn't often miss short on long throws so just let it fly and land some huge chunk yards, in addition to clearing the underneath/screen routes.

Reactions: BrighteRed24

Coach Matt Rhule Press Conference Notes - Week 1 vs. UTEP -Excited to play a home game and UTEP-Coach has known UTEP’s HC for a while-“We’ve worked very hard to get to this day”-Was hoping the RB battle would be more dialed down at this point, but will determine who the true RB1 is closer to Big Ten play-Janiran Bonner is tough and a winner, he will do a lot of things, versatility wise-Will be interesting how the offense handles different defensive fronts-“I’d rather lose the first game than the last game, we’re going to play” - when talking about Dylan Raiola’s mindset going into the first game-“How we’d want him to play when he’s a junior, we’re going to start day 1 that way”-Blye Hill came back from his knee injury, then got some soreness in his hamstring. We’ll see how this week goes but not likely to play much on Saturday-Gunnar Gottula is injured, will not play-Malachi Coleman is healthy, had a groin injury previously which is why he is further on the depth chart right now-Tristan Alvano is available, kicking competition will take place this week-Need guys to learn how to win-Coach Rhule brings up the ice that his Baylor team has, brings up game-winning drives there, and says this Nebraska team needs to get there-Offensive football is about getting the ball into the hands of guys that can make plays-Jahmal Banks is here to impact other people, “such a life of gratitude” - he led the team in community service hours-“The impact of Jahmal Banks will be here for a while”-Dylan Raiola has done a good job of humbly working - he was in there at 6am riding the bike this morning-“We’re gonna run it and throw it, not just run it... we want to play complementary football”-When you watch UTEP’s offense, they test every facet of the defense - they use tempo, run the QB, spread the field, etc.-Different type of test than you get in the Big Ten-Rahmir Stewart needs to keep his weight down to 205, he’ll get some reps at special teams for now-Coach Rhule describes the amount of film watching required to prepare for a team like UTEP, especially when they bring in transfers-“Nothing should be different” in terms of playing in front of the fans-Wants to see us ride the high and lows of the game-Playing against a good pass rusher requires contributions from all 11 guys on offense-UTEP will come in and try to win-Blackshirts will be given out tomorrow-“Playing at home is about way more than just us”-Coach Rhule on running the bleachers - “this is gonna have to be a player-led team because I cant do this” -Looking to incremently improve throughout the season-“Phalen Sanford is the epitome of what we’re trying to build here”-We feel confident we can play ~10 guys on the DLine-Still deciding which Coaches will be in the box this year-Marcus Satterfield and Garret McGuire will likely be up there-Most of the position coaches on defense will be on the field-Managing the substitutions vs UTEP will be important given their tempo

Just means he beat out Brix

it appears we have 4 co-#1 RBs

outside of QB, WR and OG it looks exactly the same as last year

IGC returning punts? gross
Hope he can show something this year. To date, IGC's Husker career peaked 2 minutes into his first game with the TD catch on the first series of the season again NW in Ireland.

Reactions: king_kong_
7 senior starters on defense, 7 senior starters on offense. On special teams, KR, PR and punter are seniors. 4 out of 5 OL and both starting WRs are seniors.

7 senior starters on defense, 7 senior starters on offense. On special teams, KR, PR and punter are seniors. 4 out of 5 OL and both starting WRs are seniors.
All those seniors and what, like 15 wins in their entire long-ass career? I'm not looking it up, that would be too depressing. Dammit, I'm trying to be positive here!

• Sad
Or are they just ordered in numerical order? 14 (Rahmir Johnson), 21 (Emmett Johnson), 22 (Gabe Ervin), 23 (Dante Dowdell).
I think its more that. Rahmir was not repping with the 1s as much as the others from what I observed. But it might have been some package stuff more than anything else so who knows. His frame just doesn't set up well for an every down back. I see those others carrying the brunt of the load on early downs.

Love our front 7 on D and WR depth.

Overall looks solid except OT.

Still not sold on D Raiola’s recruiting but hopefully he get solid production out of this unit. Brix being unable to crack the 2 deep is disappointing

Reactions: t7w0c1
All those seniors and what, like 15 wins in their entire long-ass career? I'm not looking it up, that would be too depressing. Dammit, I'm trying to be positive here!
I don't think you're being negative, I think its just the truth. NU had 4 years of very little improvement in many players, in fact, last year was the first year some of those guys began to show some promise.

If the Ty Robinsons, Benharts, Nash, Jamari, Rahmir, etc etc etc can show that same level of improvement this year, NU may have a chance to do something.

I've never been impressed with Ty, but I do wonder had he gone to Bama what he might have been like by last year? He would have either been riding the pine, or terrorizing offenses. One or the other.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT