ADVERTISEMENT

Draft week. NFL Draft info. QB's

Did Russ the Diva sign off on this acquisition?

If not, he’s probably pouting on the couch with a 1/2 gallon of Haagen-Dazs.

• Haha
Reactions: thall__
Good move for the Steelers. Fields is an upgrade over what I saw from Pickett. But I admit, I tried to avoid watching the Steelers since they were so boring with their qb play.

I find it funny that's it's a 2025 6th round pick. Steelers didn't even have to give up a pick this year to get him. It will be interesting how Mike Tomlin handles the QB situation next year.

I find it funny that's it's a 2025 6th round pick. Steelers didn't even have to give up a pick this year to get him. It will be interesting how Mike Tomlin handles the QB situation next year.
Tomlin is grasping at straws. For their sake, I hope they have a good defense and can run the ball.

Reactions: baseball31ne
Tomlin is grasping at straws. For their sake, I hope they have a good defense and can run the ball.
I was against trading for Russell Wilson and Justin Fields. At first. But at this price? Why not! Wilson is playing for the minimum for one year. Fields will not get his $25 million dollar fifth year option obviously so he's only one year. The Steelers are telling everyone that Wilson is the starter. Fields is the backup. Tomlin loves Justin Fields so I am not surprised that they went after Fields after trading "Little Mittens" Pickett.

With that said, all of this excitement may be only that. On one hand, the Steelers acquired two other starting QBs for last year and it cost them a 6th round pick for next year & $5 million in salary. Everyone agrees that the "QB room" is better than last year. On the other hand, are either of these two big name QBs going to play worth a tinker's damn?

Well how else would they do it if the Bears want to try to squeeze a little more out of it? Not uncommon. I guess at least the Bears have the comfort of knowing they get a 4th rounder if he ends up starting half the year.

Chicago Bears completely mishandle Justin Fields©Jeff Hanisch-USA TODAY Sports
The Pittsburgh Steelers traded Kenny Pickett (78.8 career QB rating) and the 120th overall pick for the 98th overall pick and two seventh-round picks in 2025. In 2021, the New York Jets received second and fourth-round picks for a sixth-round selection and Sam Darnold (78.6 QB rating). Somehow, all the Chicago Bears could get for Justin Fields (82.3 career QB rating and 2,220 rushing yards) was a 2025 conditional sixth-round pick. That's entirely because the Bears' general manager, Ryan Poles, utterly mishandled the situation. He set the price way too high at the beginning - 2024 second-round pick and an additional asset - then backed off when every quarterback-needy team addressed its problem. This is an awful look for the Bears' front office.

12 worst moves in NFL free agency 2024

Reactions: HBK4life
Chicago Bears completely mishandle Justin Fields©Jeff Hanisch-USA TODAY Sports
The Pittsburgh Steelers traded Kenny Pickett (78.8 career QB rating) and the 120th overall pick for the 98th overall pick and two seventh-round picks in 2025. In 2021, the New York Jets received second and fourth-round picks for a sixth-round selection and Sam Darnold (78.6 QB rating). Somehow, all the Chicago Bears could get for Justin Fields (82.3 career QB rating and 2,220 rushing yards) was a 2025 conditional sixth-round pick. That's entirely because the Bears' general manager, Ryan Poles, utterly mishandled the situation. He set the price way too high at the beginning - 2024 second-round pick and an additional asset - then backed off when every quarterback-needy team addressed its problem. This is an awful look for the Bears' front office.

12 worst moves in NFL free agency 2024

Reactions: drubendall
there seems to be a lot of talk about the Bears being an unsalvageable dumpster fire, and I'm not sure that I buy it. many of you seem to be repeating popular twitter opinions.

lets look at the 2019 Bengals team that Joe Burrow stepped into:

GM known for being notoriously cheap
new coach coming off a 2 win season
1 probowler on roster, didn't even play the following season
WR1 who wouldn't even be a WR2 on most teams

now lets look at what Caleb Williams would be stepping into:

GM who aggressively pursused skill players and defensive help
new coach coming off a 7 win season
young WR1 coming off his best season, traded for a multi probowl veteran

All it takes is a QB to completely change the complexion of a team. look no further than the Bengals, or more recently the Texans.

Reactions: Huskers123456
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT