ADVERTISEMENT

BBQ side recipes (potato salad)

dsmalls3

First Team All-Big Ten
Gold Member
Feb 8, 2017
Just got a BGE and am looking to make some stellar sides to go with my meats.

Will start off with the 3-2-1 rack of ribs and am ****ing stoked (these ribs with this method off the Traeger were phenomenal).

Does anybody have any potato salad and or coleslaw recipes they are willing to share? Also open to any other side dish ideas for grilling/smoking feasts.

Thanks! GBR!

amish-potato-1.png

Used to make my own till I tried this...you're welcome.

Will start off with the 3-2-1 rack of ribs and am ****ing stoked (these ribs with this method off the Traeger were phenomenal).

Does anybody have any potato salad and or coleslaw recipes they are willing to share? Also open to any other side dish ideas for grilling/smoking feasts.

Thanks! GBR!
That is funny because I am over my smoker and totally over it...I am addicted to my new griddle.

Reactions: dsmalls3

Thanks! GBR!
Charleston‘s restaurant here in Omaha has a coleslaw that I love. Go onto Google and find KFC’s coleslaw recipe as a base, then add a couple of finely chopped pickles, a handful of chopped cilantro, and a couple of finely chopped jalapeños to the mix. So good.

I buy potato salad because it’s a pain to make and a lot of delis do a great job with it.

Baked beans is an easy side while smoking. A can or two of Busches in an aluminum tray. Vinegar, mustard, brown sugar, cooked bacon (not crispy). Mix it all up and put it under your meat you’re smoking. Leave it there for 4 hours or so and it’s done.

Charleston‘s restaurant here in Omaha has a coleslaw that I love. Go onto Google and find KFC’s coleslaw recipe as a base, then add a couple of finely chopped pickles, a handful of chopped cilantro, and a couple of finely chopped jalapeños to the mix. So good.

Can’t go wrong with cilantro, pickles and jalapeños. I’ll give this a go

Reactions: drubendall
That is funny because I am over my smoker and totally over it...I am addicted to my new griddle.

You have a link to your griddle? I think I want to get one for burgers and “smashing” them. 1 part ground beef, 1 part brisket, and 1 part short ribs grounded up with a meat grinder. Home made buns. Slice of Tillamook cheddar.

Here are just a few.

How about German Potato Salad and Rotkohl (Red Cabbage)

Buffalo Chicken Potato Skins

Mexican Cole Slaw

Peach Bourbon Baked Beans

Holy **** these look good. You forgot the recipes :)

Reactions: HuskAir
Holy **** these look good. You forgot the recipes :)
1st Cook

Buffalo Chicken Potato Skins

Mexican Slaw

Peach Bourbon Baked Beans

You have a link to your griddle? I think I want to get one for burgers and “smashing” them. 1 part ground beef, 1 part brisket, and 1 part short ribs grounded up with a meat grinder. Home made buns. Slice of Tillamook cheddar.
I have the Blackstone 28 inch griddle.

Reactions: dsmalls3
I have become pretty well known for my deviled eggs. Anytime we are invited anywhere I am asked to bring some. It has become somewhat of a curse as I absolutely hate peeling boiled eggs. Anyway, I don't really have a recipe so I'm only guessing here.

1 dozen boiled eggs

Mix the yolks with

1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Onion Powder
1/2 tsp Celery Salt
1/2 tsp Dry Mustard
1 pinch of kosher salt
Ground black pepper

Then I stir in jalapeno mustard. Just enough to bring the yolks together.

This is going to be controversial but I use three big scoops of Miracle Whip.

Mix that all together and fill up your egg whites.

Then I top them off with a sprinkle of cayenne pepper and paprika.

I have had people throw all sorts of suggestions at me. "Add bacon!!" "Smoke the eggs!!" "Deep fry the eggs!!" Yeah, IMO I have perfected them and I'm just going to leave them the way they are.

I have become pretty well known for my deviled eggs. Anytime we are invited anywhere I am asked to bring some. It has become somewhat of a curse as I absolutely hate peeling boiled eggs. Anyway, I don't really have a recipe so I'm only guessing here.

1 dozen boiled eggs

Mix the yolks with

1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Onion Powder
1/2 tsp Celery Salt
1/2 tsp Dry Mustard
1 pinch of kosher salt
Ground black pepper

I have had people throw all sorts of suggestions at me. "Add bacon!!" "Smoke the eggs!!" "Deep fry the eggs!!" Yeah, IMO I have perfected them and I'm just going to leave them the way they are.

Dude, this is awesome. Big big big deviled egg fan right here. Could easily knock back all 12

Reactions: huskeralk

1 dozen boiled eggs

Mix the yolks with

1 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Onion Powder
1/2 tsp Celery Salt
1/2 tsp Dry Mustard
1 pinch of kosher salt
Ground black pepper

My god :)

Deviled eggs are amazing and yours sound like something I would eat about 20 of.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT