ADVERTISEMENT

Barron Miles...

HBK4life

Nebraska Legend
Jan 24, 2004
North of Lincoln South of Heaven
http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/...cle_636430b0-b26b-5f60-8830-d6372067d8d4.html
Barron Miles, who carved out a highly successful career in the Canadian Football League after starring on a national championship team at Nebraska, will be inducted into the CFL Hall of Fame.

Miles played 12 years in the CFL with Montreal and British Columbia, winning a Grey Cup with both the Alouettes and Lions. He had 66 interceptions and 13 blocked kicks over his career, and was a six-time CFL all-star.
Miles was a two-time All-Big Eight cornerback at Nebraska, and part of the Huskers' 1994 national championship team as a senior. He was a sixth-round NFL draft pick by Pittsburgh in 1995, and tried the NFL and NFL Europe before heading to the CFL in 1998.

Miles, from Roselle, New Jersey, is currently the defensive backs coach with the CFL's Edmonton Eskimos.

The game I most remember Miles from was the K-State "Turminator" game where Matt Turman started, and between him and Berringer handed the game over to the unstoppable O-line and Lawrence Phillips to run all over K-State all day. Chad May got poked in the eye that day by Christian Peter(probably), and Barron Miles had I believe 7 or 8 pass break-ups. That is insane, and he did it. A lot of them were pretty good passes down the field, but Miles was playing inside them K-State receivers jersey all day. It was a fun game to watch.

The fact that NU had lockdown cornerbacks is one of the often-overlooked attributes of those great mid-90s defenses. That made the Huskers' pass rush even better and created some great blitz opportunities that would have otherwise been very risky.

After his blocked punt against Okie State, the next play that comes to mind for me is his outstretched INT against Wyoming in 1994.

Reactions: baseball31ne
The fact that NU had lockdown cornerbacks is one of the often-overlooked attributes of those great mid-90s defenses. That made the Huskers' pass rush even better and created some great blitz opportunities that would have otherwise been very risky.

Sometimes I wonder how the heck NU has never had a Thorpe winner...

Reactions: HuskerBlueDevil
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT