ADVERTISEMENT

Banker visiting 2 JC's this week

Hopefully edge rushers.

An edge rusher is a huge need. OT is another--we return Knevel, Gates, Gaylord, and that's about it for pure tackles.

We could really use an elite talent at any position, but DE and OT are IMO the biggest needs for immediate help. A CB would be a good addition, where else do we need JC help?

An edge rusher is a huge need. OT is another--we return Knevel, Gates, Gaylord, and that's about it for pure tackles.

We could really use an elite talent at any position, but DE and OT are IMO the biggest needs for immediate help. A CB would be a good addition, where else do we need JC help?
Safety

To fix the D - we need JUCO help - ideally at every level (DE, LB, secondary)

OT would also be a big boost.

any chance he has his resume with him?

These comments continue to baffle me. We got a glimpse of what this defense can look like with some consistent pressure on a QB against Rutgers. It can be very good. People need to wait awhile and see how things look after a couple years of DL recruiting.

Reactions: Bremser and timnsun
To fix the D - we need JUCO help - ideally at every level (DE, LB, secondary)

OT would also be a big boost.

Nebraska doesn't need a JUCO Linebacker. That position will be in the best shape its been in 8 years going forward. William Johnson had grade issues, but they primarily let him walk because they are happy with that position.

Newby- SAM - Backed up by Mike Rose Ivey - and Gifford in 2016
Bando- Mike - backed up by Weber and Ferguson in 2016.
Young- Will - Backed up by Barry and Quayshon in 2016.

They need 2 JUCO DE's, a Safety and a QB.

JUCO offensive tackles are never a viable option.

Never seems like an overstatement when we've had JC transfers starting for us at OT at least twice in the last decade, Carl Nicks and Yoshi Hardrick.

JUCO linemen in general have been hit-and-miss and I would definitely say if they can't be here for spring then don't bother. Even our best JC transfers on the OL have needed half a season to get up to speed when they arrived in the fall.

But we're in pretty dire straits for OT depth. We don't need a starter at tackle but if they look like they can give us a 4th tackle I think we might have to go for it.

Never seems like an overstatement when we've had JC transfers starting for us at OT at least twice in the last decade, Carl Nicks and Yoshi Hardrick.

JUCO linemen in general have been hit-and-miss and I would definitely say if they can't be here for spring then don't bother. Even our best JC transfers on the OL have needed half a season to get up to speed when they arrived in the fall.

But we're in pretty dire straits for OT depth. We don't need a starter at tackle but if they look like they can give us a 4th tackle I think we might have to go for it.

Yoshi would NOT start over Gates or Knevel going forward. That's my point. Carl Nicks was a once in a generation find and should've been playing Offensive Guard at Nebraska. He was closer to 6'4 than 6'5. .. We also know he became one of the top guards in the NFL before his MRSA infection.

If you need to depend on finding JUCO tackles, you're in trouble.

There is one really great JUCO tackle out there. A kid like Malcolm Pridgeon from Nassau CC. Unfortunately, he is going to be ineligible and not play for any NCAA program.

Nebraska doesn't need a JUCO Linebacker. That position will be in the best shape its been in 8 years going forward. William Johnson had grade issues, but they primarily let him walk because they are happy with that position.

Newby- SAM - Backed up by Mike Rose Ivey - and Gifford in 2016
Bando- Mike - backed up by Weber and Ferguson in 2016.
Young- Will - Backed up by Barry and Quayshon in 2016.

They need 2 JUCO DE's, a Safety and a QB.

I hope Feguson comes on and becomes the starter. Just never have loved Bando, but I 100% agree with your point.

Cornicator,

What about Whittaker? He got the nod at RT when Lewis was shaken up last week (moved Gates to LT and brought in Whittaker).

Also are you sure Alexander will start out at LB? I was hoping we would try him at DE first.

Aren't linemen in general a hit and miss proposition ?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT