ADVERTISEMENT

Badgers next week

Oh really, we sacked Fields 4 times, so that counts as a pass rush and we shut down their run game and most times got them before they got to the LOS.

And how many of those were by our defensive line? We had to blitz in order to get pressure on Fields. D-line played very good run defense though.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
We don't have the pass rush. Urban even made the comment at halftime that 80% of pass defense is the pass rush. We can't get home on a team with a high caliber OL.

I didn't see the stats but when was the last time we got 4 sacks period let alone against the #5 team in the nation??
Sometimes the bitching really gets old. I was impressed and really look forward to the rest of the season - just took too damn long to get started!!! JMO. GBA/GBR.

Wisconsin's Defense is likely better than Ohio State's.

Everyone seems to put the blame on some kind of Juggernaut defense that Ohio State had, which is not the case.

We didn't have trouble moving the ball.

We had trouble turning it over and executing when there was pressure.

It was rare for Ohio State to even bring pressure, but when they did, everything collapsed.

No rhythm on offense because we run this hurry up quick strike scheme, so I'm suspecting it's going to get even tougher to move the ball, let alone score next week.

Wisconsin will hold possession of the ball all day long, and when it is our turn, they will put 10 in the box and snuff us out.

Nice scheme coach Frost.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
I have a feeling we will beat Wisconsin next week..
Sure helped them with Alvarez making up the football schedules with a opener against a bad Illinois team that they lost to the year before..

Mertz is very good but Wisconsin doesn’t have the same offensive weapons that the tOSU had..

It’s going to be a closer game than previous years but I’m not convinced that we are going to beat them. If our offense was good I’d like our chances but we’re challenged at every position except the o-line. I saw us bigger and faster yesterday which is encouraging but scheme wise, we are exactly the same team as last year.

Funny that some of you are complaining about the refs in a game that won't kick for another six more days!

A) We have been in this league long enough to know how this goes.

B). Did you see our game with OSU yesterday? For people that think Nebraska gets the shaft in the Conference or that the B1G is out to get us this year, that was just fuel on the fire.

The object is to win not just play with them
Thanks Capt. O
If you can play with anyone you can win-today was a talent mismatch.
We don't have the pass rush. Urban even made the comment at halftime that 80% of pass defense is the pass rush. We can't get home on a team with a high caliber OL.
I agree with Urban - can't cover elite WR's for 4-5-6 seconds.

Reactions: headcard
Wisconsin's Defense is likely better than Ohio State's.

Everyone seems to put the blame on some kind of Juggernaut defense that Ohio State had, which is not the case.

We didn't have trouble moving the ball.

We had trouble turning it over and executing when there was pressure.

It was rare for Ohio State to even bring pressure, but when they did, everything collapsed.

No rhythm on offense because we run this hurry up quick strike scheme, so I'm suspecting it's going to get even tougher to move the ball, let alone score next week.

Wisconsin will hold possession of the ball all day long, and when it is our turn, they will put 10 in the box and snuff us out.

Nice scheme coach Frost.

No chance Wiscy will load the box with the fear of Warner, Liewer, and Falck getting behind their defense.

The good news is that Wiscy does not have a great RB on the roster this year. The bad news is we have all the makings of having another team that will self destruct at the drop of a dime. We will have to play a clean game Saturday to win.

Os
I have a feeling we will beat Wisconsin next week..
Sure helped them with Alvarez making up the football schedules with a opener against a bad Illinois team that they lost to the year before..

Mertz is very good but Wisconsin doesn’t have the same offensive weapons that the tOSU had..
Osborne used to say the greatest amount improvement a team will make is from game one to game two. We will see.

There was a lot of effort by the team, they played hard. We really needed a more realistic opener for the first game.

Hold judgement until the 3rd game , yeah after Northwestern.

Then unload, but for now we are young and growing. Give these kids a chance to gel.

Os

Osborne used to say the greatest amount improvement a team will make is from game one to game two. We will see.

There was a lot of effort by the team, they played hard. We really needed a more realistic opener for the first game.

Hold judgement until the 3rd game , yeah after Northwestern.

Then unload, but for now we are young and growing. Give these kids a chance to gel.

We are young every year(even though we aren’t). Frost lost to Troy and pissed down his leg vs Colorado in game #2 thus far in his career at Nebraska.

What makes you think we have the personnel to out scheme Wisconsin offensively? And our D is going to give up 30+. Bank on that happening.

We will have some difficulty in the first half losing Williams and Taylor- Britt which could help them score some points in the first half..

We had opportunity’s to score 31/35 points yesterday and feel we can score that much next week..

Will it be close? Can Frost and company rebound from this and play improved and inspired football against the badgers? Will the back-up DBs perform well enough in the first half? I went from pleased for the first 1.75 quarters, to disappointed.
Gonna be tough. Mertz is good

Reactions: Cloud@Heart
I'm interested in how your DC plans your defense.

Lovie cheated to stop our rushing, leaving Ferguson wide open. With your DB's suspended, I suspect your DC wouldn't try the same thing. So I'm expecting our mediocre RB's to have an easier time getting some yards in the first half.

We are young every year(even though we aren’t). Frost lost to Troy and pissed down his leg vs Colorado in game #2 thus far in his career at Nebraska.
Don’t disagree with you. Coaching errors , bad play calling and clock management cost us multiple wins during Frost’s career here.

Don’t get me wrong, I am not happy with the state of affairs. To emphasize...

After last years OSU game I gave away or sold my remaining season tickets , and did not renew them when they called earlier this year.

My point in the original post was that we haven’t seen the best we will be yet this year.

Mertz will pass for over 400 yds and have 7+ td's. Our defensive line got no push and the zone coverage was softer than Charmin toilet paper.

Qb's can't protect the ball, coaches cant call a play before time runs out on the play clock even on the first play after a change of possession.

No discipline.

Its going to be U G L Y.
Dude, you just need to go find a bridge and end it. @bomber89

Reactions: scarletred
Who knows how good Mertz is. If you watch the highlights against Illinois, most of his touchdown passes he threw to a guy who literally had nobody near him. Completely blown coverage constantly.
Not necessarily blown coverage. He had all day to sit in the pocket and just throw to targeted areas. It's difficult to cover guys for a long. That's a testament to how good Wisconsin's offensive line is

Wisconsin will hold possession of the ball all day long.
Yep. Most Wisconsin drives will look like this:
1st down: run 3-4yds
2nd down: pass 4-5 yds
3rd down: run 3 yds, -- 1st down
shuffle the deck and repeat for the next 6 minutes of game clock

A couple of drives will look like this:
1st down: play action fake - deep pass 40 yds.
resume normal programming

Ferguson is the probably the best TE in the league right now and a matchup nightmare. Guarantee this is keeping Chinander from a good night's sleep this week.

We cannot cover anyone and we have no pass rush. We need a new DC! Chin was terrible at UCF and he is terrible at Nebraska. That is why you do not hire your friends. Now we are stuck with him. Same defense as last year. Also, for some reason we can never force turnovers like other teams do and like we use to do under Tom Osborne.

I’m serious. I think you’re the one trolling. What did you see from Saturday that makes you think we’ll beat a top 10 team?

I don’t think Wisky is top 10 is where it starts for me.
-I think they crushed an awful Illinois team, perhaps it’s between them and Michigan State for least prepared B1G teams that mauve didn’t even want to play.
-Not impressed with their ground game.
-Nebraska won’t have to play so much off coverage next week, as Davis is the only real major threat at WR.
-Nebraska played the run and Got after the QB at a nice clip against better talent than Wisconsin has.
-Nebraska ran the ball very well.
-ST were much better.

- If refs are just a hair better towards Nebraska, I feel very confident Nebraska beats Overrated Wisconsin.
- if refs suck and we lose TO battle again, we will lose by 7-10.

I don’t think Wisky is top 10 is where it starts for me.
-I think they crushed an awful Illinois team, perhaps it’s between them and Michigan State for least prepared B1G teams that mauve didn’t even want to play.
-Not impressed with their ground game.
-Nebraska won’t have to play so much off coverage next week, as Davis is the only real major threat at WR.
-Nebraska played the run and Got after the QB at a nice clip against better talent than Wisconsin has.
-Nebraska ran the ball very well.
-ST were much better.

- If refs are just a hair better towards Nebraska, I feel very confident Nebraska beats Overrated Wisconsin.
- if refs suck and we lose TO battle again, we will lose by 7-10.

Hope you’re right. While I think it will be a close game, here’s why I don’t think we’ll win:

- we’re still undisciplined (penalties, turnovers)
- our offense is average. Always does great in the first drive but then struggles to finish and score the rest of the game.
- our offense folds every time the defense makes adjustments and puts pressure. Our offense is mentally weak and not ready to take down a big time team.
- Who do we have on offense that they are going to fear? No one. You might say Wan’Dale but he needs other pieces around for him to truly flourish.
- Wisconsin has Ferguson, the best TE in the game. He’s going to have a field day, specially in the first half.
- Mertz will torch our secondary. Not as much as Fields but he will move the ball on us.
- If the game is close, in which I think I it will be, I don’t think we have the mentality to win these types of games.

All this is based on what I’ve seen in the Frost regime and I’m not changing my tune until they prove me different. It’s unfortunate that our offense is missing a couple of pieces. We’re that close to not just winning, but crushing teams.

• Sad
Wisconsin is good, they will also improve from game 1 to game 2. They are what we used to be. Only superior talent teams beat them. Money says Wisconsin 38- NU28.

Hope you’re right. While I think it will be a close game, here’s why I don’t think we’ll win:

- we’re still undisciplined (penalties, turnovers)
- our offense is average. Always does great in the first drive but then struggles to finish and score the rest of the game.
- our offense folds every time the defense makes adjustments and puts pressure. Our offense is mentally weak and not ready to take down a big time team.
- Who do we have on offense that they are going to fear? No one. You might say Wan’Dale but he needs other pieces around for him to truly flourish.
- Wisconsin has Ferguson, the best TE in the game. He’s going to have a field day, specially in the first half.
- Mertz will torch our secondary. Not as much as Fields but he will move the ball on us.
- If the game is close, in which I think I it will be, I don’t think we have the mentality to win these types of games.

All this is based on what I’ve seen in the Frost regime and I’m not changing my tune until they prove me different. It’s unfortunate that our offense is missing a couple of pieces. We’re that close to not just winning, but crushing teams.

I truthfully didn’t think we played undisciplined football.

Mertz can’t torch us with or without Covid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT