ADVERTISEMENT

Bad Hoops night for the BIG IMHO

I was watching that. URI blew a 6 point lead late. NU could have used a URI win there. In fact, NU could use all the help they can get.

Needed that one to go the other way badly. On Sports Center just now, the Bonnies had a 76% chance of making the dance coming into that game. Now, 89%.

Last edited:
Texas is beating Oklahoma. ESPN saying that they will likely get a bid if they win this game, but will likely not get in if they lose. So we need OU to come back here.

Syracuse tied with Miami. Need Miami to win this one.

Last edited:
holy shits how many teams from the Big 12 are going to make it in if texass wins?

Fox Sports has Nebraska as the first listed team in the “Last 4 out”, as of the date and time of this post.

Reactions: jlb321
Baylor beats Texas Tech. Now ESPN says is Baylor is pretty much a lock as well. Crazy that the Big 12 is going to get 8 of 10 teams in the tournament.

Baylor beats Texas Tech. Now ESPN says is Baylor is pretty much a lock as well. Crazy that the Big 12 is going to get 8 of 10 teams in the tournament.

Texas is the 8th place BIG 12 team and their resume right now is about the same as ours

RPI Texas 53 - Neb 55
BPI Texas 41 - Neb 59
vs 1- 25 rpi Texas 2-4 - Neb 0-4
vs 1-50 Texas - 6-9 - Neb 1-5
vs 51-100 Texas 2-1 - Neb 2-3
losses outside of top 50 - Texas 2 - Neb 3
losses outside of top 100 - Texas 1 - Neb 0

It is an uphill climb if you have more losses outside the rpi top 50 than wins inside the rpi top 50

both teams can't afford to lose going forward ... I think the committee puts a lot of stock in high quality wins and while we are finishing strong we don't have any high quality wins to highlight ... ideally we need to beat a Purdue, MSU or OSU in the tourney ... a 2nd win against Michigan would put a lot of pressure on the committee to also take Nebraska if Michigan is in

Last edited:
Texas has 6 top 50 wins. Nebraska has 1. How is that an equal resume? It’s all about who you beat and Nebraska has one good win on paper.

Reactions: davecisar
Texas has 6 top 50 wins. Nebraska has 1. How is that an equal resume? It’s all about who you beat and Nebraska has one good win on paper.

You are correct, however, the rpi factors that in and the 2 teams have about the same ranking

Agree .... your top 50 wins should at least equal your losses outside of the top 50

Honestly I was tempering things a bit so as not to get tarred and feathered by the “eye ball” test police

Last edited:
I assume I’m the “eyeball police” since I mentioned the phrase and I make no apologies for it... coached for many years and have SOME feel for what good hoops looks like.
PLEASE don’t get panties in a wad.... I for no reason think we are a championship squad ... but I see these big 12 teams night after night including KU and OSU in person... not imposing

Funny to think that Illinois has ruined their own season and now they can also ruin Nebraskas.

I assume I’m the “eyeball police” since I mentioned the phrase and I make no apologies for it... coached for many years and have SOME feel for what good hoops looks like.
PLEASE don’t get panties in a wad.... I for no reason think we are a championship squad ... but I see these big 12 teams night after night including KU and OSU in person... not imposing

Not directed at you at all ... I can’t keep track of who happens to post what and when

I agree we can beat any of those big 12 teams but we haven’t proven it up to this point and aren’t going to have many opportunitiesto prove it going forward. Again we only have 1 quality win on our resume and 3 bad losses. We are 1-4 against the top 6 in our league. We even have a losing record against teams with rpi rankings between 50-100.

if you were looking at a generic resume and team X was 1-5 against teams with RPI rankings between 1-50 and 2-3 against teams with RPIs between 51-100 would you conclude that team belonged inside or outside the top 50?

That is a lot of objective stats that have to be overcome by the eyeball test .... we still have some work to do and will not play an rpi top 50 team until the tourney.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT