ADVERTISEMENT

Back to back years going 0-2 in the tournament

huskerbaseball13

Nebraska Legend
Jul 30, 2003
Five years in....ZERO Big 10 Regular season titles...ZERO Big 10 tournament titles. Not........gettting.......it.........done.......Erstad. Hopefully our name is called Monday and we can find a way to win a regional. But, what a shitty showing.

Husker fans bought nearly 6,000 all session passes at 50 bucks each.

6,000 x 50 = 300,000 Real American Dollars.

"Thx for the donation Husker fans."__Big Ten CFO

Probably wouldn't go that far but if he has similar seasons to this he will be fine. If he pulls an MA he would be gone.
Yeah, if someone wants him gone they're going to be disappointed for years. It would take multiple years of not being in the postseason discussion, that's the reality of a non revenue sports fan.

Reactions: k9_r
Yeah, if someone wants him gone they're going to be disappointed for years. It would take multiple years of not being in the postseason discussion, that's the reality of a non revenue sports fan.

Yep. Been living that life. Won't stop living it tho b/c.... well, baseball, that's why. Smokin

Reactions: sklarbodds
Not making the B1G tournament in the future more likely will lead for his dismissal not losing a Regional.

Minny going two and BBQ actually helps us in an odd way, we moved up to 43 in RPI. What will hurt is if one of those teams that shouldn't make the tourney wins it all. Like Iowa or Maryland.

Minny going two and BBQ actually helps us in an odd way, we moved up to 43 in RPI. What will hurt is if one of those teams that shouldn't make the tourney wins it all. Like Iowa or Maryland.

I don't see how Nebraska doesn't make it, even if Iowa or Maryland win the title. Huskers RPI will still be representative and a lot of wins over Top 100 teams. Now, the destination and the opponents might not be the most favorable in a regional, but anything can happen once you get in.

Latest from DiBaseball...

Stock Down
Let me preface this section by saying we truly think the Cornhuskers are still in our field of 64. However, Darin Erstad’s club could give the NCAA committee some pause with an 0-2 showing in the Big Ten tournament, losses to Michigan State and Indiana by scores of 5-1 and 6-2. That’s an ugly way to finish the pre-regional part of the season, as Nebraska now has an RPI of 44, which is OK, but certainly not overly impressive. In the end, though, NU finished the regular season with five-straight series wins and near the top of the Big Ten standings. Furthermore, though they went 4-7 vs. RPI Top 50 teams, they also collected 14 wins against RPI Top 100. Again, we feel comfortable about the Huskers, but it would be important to approach their situation with at least some caution.

Reactions: chachi1282
i hope nebraska gets into the regionals and wins a game, i think that is where i am at with high expectations for this team

Reactions: rpappy3
I feel comfortable as long as someone like Iowa doesn't win the Big Ten which still may not matter. I just don't see them wanting 5 Big Ten teams in this year and feel 4 is the tip of the iceberg. Of course Minny has a lower RPI and also went 2 and BBQ.

This morning's D1Baseball's take on B1G at large picture...

• The Big Ten tournament has been highly competitive so far this week despite some rotten weather. However, two teams – Iowa and Michigan State – are making a strong push and could push someone out of the field if one of the two wins the tourney title. Michigan State and Iowa are both 2-0, with the Spartans sitting at 70 in the RPI and Iowa at 74 with just a 1-5 mark vs. RPI Top 50 teams. Neither team will make the field as an at-large team at the moment, so it would push someone else out.

By "Push someone out" they mean push a B1G team out. I would also add Maryland to the 'pusher' list.

If anyone but Michigan (good RPI) wins this thing I would think we would be bumped off the bubble.

Reactions: saluno22

• The Big Ten tournament has been highly competitive so far this week despite some rotten weather. However, two teams – Iowa and Michigan State – are making a strong push and could push someone out of the field if one of the two wins the tourney title. Michigan State and Iowa are both 2-0, with the Spartans sitting at 70 in the RPI and Iowa at 74 with just a 1-5 mark vs. RPI Top 50 teams. Neither team will make the field as an at-large team at the moment, so it would push someone else out.

By "Push someone out" they mean push a B1G team out. I would also add Maryland to the 'pusher' list.

If anyone but Michigan (good RPI) wins this thing I would think we would be bumped off the bubble.

OSU could get bumped off, it just depends on how much stock they put in the tourney.

Wouldn't this hurt Ohio St or Minnesota( RPI 57-53)more if someone other then Michigan wins the Tournment?

I guess I was under the impression that it would take more than 1 conference tournament upset for NU to be left out. And if Michigan State did win it, wouldn't that bump our RPI up at least a little?!

I guess I was under the impression that it would take more than 1 conference tournament upset for NU to be left out. And if Michigan State did win it, wouldn't that bump our RPI up at least a little?!
Correct, given a choice of the remaining teams, we would want one of the two teams that we played to win it to benefit our RPI. So either Michigan or Michigan State.

OSU is in a must win out type of team right now. Michigan is in regardless. Iowa is looking good and I'm not sure how they lose right now. Baseball is baseball though.

Wouldn't this hurt Ohio St or Minnesota( RPI 57-53)more if someone other then Michigan wins the Tournment?
I guess it comes down to three or four bids for the B1G. Three seems right to me. D1Baseball says four. Gotta hope they're right.

Agree with you on OSU but Minnesota, having won the conference, would likely get the bid over us. Close call tho. If it's three bids we would be out unless Michigan wins this tournament. Just the way it looks to me.

I guess it comes down to three or four bids for the B1G. Three seems right to me. D1Baseball says four. Gotta hope they're right.

Agree with you on OSU but Minnesota, having won the conference, would likely get the bid over us. Close call tho. If it's three bids we would be out unless Michigan wins this tournament. Just the way it looks to me.
I think we get 4 bids now. Michigan is in, Minny and Nebraska most likely. OSU is going to have to win the tourney at this point, or at least go to the championship game is my guess to get that RPI close to Nebraska's. We did finish 2nd so that also goes into play as much as Minny winning it does.

Reactions: rpappy3
I think we get 4 bids now. Michigan is in, Minny and Nebraska most likely. OSU is going to have to win the tourney at this point, or at least go to the championship game is my guess to get that RPI close to Nebraska's. We did finish 2nd so that also goes into play as much as Minny winning it does.
Man, I hope you're right. Very shaky ground for us tho. RPI 44 is one of those that often lose out to someone at 50+ RPI for various reasons.

Man, I hope you're right. Very shaky ground for us tho. RPI 44 is one of those that often lose out to someone at 50+ RPI for various reasons.

Yeah, I mean I wouldn't be shocked either way. It's funny because the fluke Rutgers loss is a season defining loss. Not that we didn't have opportunities outside of that. Just odd how much that on play matters in retrospect.

Reactions: Mike Matya
OSU surpassed Nebraska in RPI after tonight. It's looking pretty iffy for an at large right now I'd say. Hopefully if we fail to make a regional the pressure on the head man gets turned up a notch.

Reactions: donahues17
This is all bad. Iowa will be playing for the title at 1:00 p.m. facing a team who played a 9:00 a.m. game. The best case scenario is now for Ohio State to somehow have enough pitching to beat Michigan State in the morning and Iowa in the afternoon.

OSU surpassed Nebraska in RPI after tonight. It's looking pretty iffy for an at large right now I'd say. Hopefully if we fail to make a regional the pressure on the head man gets turned up a notch.
Yep, the best thing is for them to win out so we can hopefully be one of four teams. If we lose out though we can't really blame anyone.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT