ADVERTISEMENT

Back off on Chin

THUSKER

Walk On
Gold Member
Dec 14, 2001
Did any of you listen to the presser. The DB is supposed to not give the underneath in that play. That would force the play to be longer to develop which in turn gives time for the pass rush to get there making the throw extremely difficult. The DB gives to much cushion and the underneath get open. Chin may not be great I don't know but the lack of pass rushers on defensive line make what he wants to do difficult with this team. There is not a lot of athleticism in the secondary and LB play is not deep enough or good enough. They scored 10 points in the second half. With the talent we have that isn't bad. Rome wasn't built in a night. I wanted to kill Chin after Northwestern today is just football. With another year the defensive players will better understand the concepts that the mistake is giving the underneath and will execute better. We need a pass rush first and foremost. That will let the secondary play with more confidence. We also need more depth at LB and more speed. With that said we could have won which is a hell of a turn around in one year. Lets see how year two looks. Much of the foundation has been laid but Rome was not built in a year. Work ethic has been set, team work has been set. Now we need to recruit more depth and play makers and this can work. I don't know that last time I said that and believed it so lighten up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News