ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Tourney Schedule

regoratsginrom

Blackshirt
May 15, 2004
This idea of having the B1G tourney schedule a week early is not good IMO. Teams that get in the tourney will literally have to wait 11-13 days before they play another game (March 15-16). Bad move by Delaney just to get to MSG (in a town that doesn't really care about CBB.

Delaney thought it was a great idea at the time, the Coaches of teams that play in the post season will have the most say about it so I don’t believe the conference will ever go back to MSG if they have to play the tournament a week before the NCAA announcement.

Reactions: schuele
But it's the most famous arena in the world! I know because the BTN talking heads told me so 9,000 times over the past three days.

Maybe next year they can play in the Boston Garden in January. That would be epic.

Reactions: scarletred
I posted similar thoughts in another thread

why the powers that be in the BIG thought New Yorkers give 2 shits about Big Ten basketball is beyond me.

we are essentially serving as the undercard for the Big East tournament who is having their tourney the same time as all the other big boy conferences

and we got the extra bonus of having to play a compressed schedule with multiple games in few days in order to get the regular season wrapped up a week early

poor, poor decision by the BIG

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT