ADVERTISEMENT

B1G is .0001% from Having the Worst P5 Conference Bowl Record Over the Last 15 Years

Factual statement.

"The B1G has literally the worst winning percentage in the last 10 years in bowl games." - Rambo

These are the numbers from the last 10 years and includes Nebraska's entire time in the conference:

SEC: 67-39 (.632)
Big XII: 37-32 (.536)
B1G: 41-45 (.477)
Pac-12: 35-39 (.472)
ACC: 42-54 (.438)

I feel like had Neb been in the conference the entire 15 years they would have given the BIG that extra bit of losing needed to make them the undisputed worst

Certainly not "literally the worst" as some of our number challenged posters have claimed.
Considering I did absolutely make that up, coming within .0001% is pretty good!

There is nothing performance-based, and I mean absolutely nothing, that proves this conference is any better than average.

Psu, mich and ohiost send a lot of players to the nfl. That’s the best the league can say for its actual national standing.

Reactions: HuskerHackFraud
Wrong. We haven't been adding to the numbers either way!! 😂

that is an excellent point ... thank you for the correction

you actually have to play in a bowl to contribute.

did you know ... that since scott frost took over the program and implied that Neb would compete for the divisional title in year 2 and then watch out in year 3 every team in the big ten west has played in a bowl game except Neb

Rutgers, Maryland and Neb are the only programs in the BIG that haven’t played in a bowl the last 3 years. I believe Neb was the only program that was so giddy with these results that they rewarded their coach who has the worst winning percentage in nearly 60 years at their school with a contract extension

There is nothing performance-based, and I mean absolutely nothing, that proves this conference is any better than average.

Psu, mich and ohiost send a lot of players to the nfl. That’s the best the league can say for its actual national standing.
Thanks for telling everyone what they already know. You make up more "facts" than any poster on this site...but props for owning it.

• Haha
Reactions: John_J_Rambo
ACC has more titles, which more than makes up for the .0001% by which it trails our terrible league.
That has nothing to do with it..That‘s just your big criteria you are always pounding that fact in football or Basketball..

bowl record is not a great way to determine conference. in many instances teams are not passionate about the bowl game. some teams consider it more of a vacation than a game.
that being said, i dont think the B10 is that good. especially the West.
it might be the best division in college fb to compete in. in other words, the worst division.
maybe the PAC south or the ACC division with miami could be in B10 West conversation as the worst.

Honestly, who cares. 90% of the bowl games are junk games between two teams that had lackluster seasons and the last few years with players opting out of all but the 4 BCS bowls they've really become even more irrelevant. Each year it becomes more and more apparent that we should move to a 16 team tournament and let go of the ridiculous bowls that nobody cares about.

Honestly, who cares. 90% of the bowl games are junk games between two teams that had lackluster seasons and the last few years with players opting out of all but the 4 BCS bowls they've really become even more irrelevant. Each year it becomes more and more apparent that we should move to a 16 team tournament and let go of the ridiculous bowls that nobody cares about.

16 playoff never happens as long as the power5 conference keep having a CCG that is your 16 team playoff..

8 is coming real soon..

Bowl Games I care about:
Rose
Orange
Sugar
Fiesta
Cotton
Peach
Citrus
Outback
Gator
Alamo
Music City
And next year the Vegas bowl will include a Big10 and against PAC12..

So your just being like Vandy fans then? You know bragging about great a conference's record is even though you have little to nothing to do with that success??
🙄No just referring as a fan I know Nebraska bowl W/L records..53 appearances (26-27) and lead the nation in most consecutive bowl appearances...

So some research found this from 1998 through 2020 P5 conferences head to head records

SEC 250-199 - (.557)
Pac 12 - 176-149 - (.542)
Big 12 - 179-183 (.494)
Big Ten - 205-213 (.490)
ACC - 226-267 (.458)
Big East - 119-144 (.452)

That has nothing to do with it..That‘s just your big criteria you are always pounding that fact in football or Basketball..
Yes, my criteria of:

Beat other P5 teams, and
Win titles

Is indeed a very harsh and unfair way of comparing conferences. 🙄

So some research found this from 1998 through 2020 P5 conferences head to head records

SEC 250-199 - (.557)
Pac 12 - 176-149 - (.542)
Big 12 - 179-183 (.494)
Big Ten - 205-213 (.490)
ACC - 226-267 (.458)
Big East - 119-144 (.452)
B1G being a closer peer to the Big East than SEC (or Big12 for that matter) should surprise nobody, yet somehow it does.

We watch these terrible teams every week, for crying out loud.

The Big Ten has been and will be an average Power 5 Conference.

Regular season records when games count against other Power 5 teams

2019 (10-7)
2018 (9-12)
2017 (6-14)
2016 (11-9)
2015 (13-12)
2014 (13-11)
2013 (9-7)
2012 (11-8)
2011 (10-9)
2010 (8-8)

Total (100-97)

In a 200 game sample the conference is average over last decade when playing other power 5 conferences in regular season where games count. In this last crappy decade of husker football Nebraska also losses to other Power 5 teams at about same rate it has lost to Big Ten teams. There is nothing inherently better or worse about playing in this conference vs any other with exception that SEC which is better then everybody else because talent it there recruiting footprint is a bit better on average.

I would say that you do have to build a team more adept at holding up physically in the Big Ten over a full season then say the B12 or PAC and I would guess the average Big Ten teams would need to be a bit more athletic in skill positions to compete better week in and week out in those conferences but when they play each other in 1 off regular season contests in all evens out.

Yes, my criteria of:

Beat other P5 teams, and
Win titles

Is indeed a very harsh and unfair way of comparing conferences. 🙄
Only one team NOW a days wins the title....But in 1997 the rest could lay eggs like the Big 10 did in 1997 but they still shared the title.. :cool:

I see a future where the big ten continues a slow death.. slowing budgets, dropping sports programs and even consolidation/competition from local community colleges.

With the severe drop in budget, many in the big ten will be able to hang their hat on academics and survive.

Nebraska, will not be able to do the same, sans the Med Center.

I can only forsee the day when the conference forces us out, to remove dead weight from a no longer valuable conference member.

Once that has all happened, maybe we can actually revive Husker Football.

I hear that you received recognition for 2020 as the football pessimist of the year. Congratulations.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT