ADVERTISEMENT

B1G Baseball Tournament

Do you realize that Sears and every starter in baseball has a Bullpen session in between starts. Pitching 1 innings is actually less strain than a bullpen session.
This INSANE idea that guys in the best shape of their life can't pitch a bit more is exactly that, insane.

Pitchers but probably more their agents, created all this and it worked, just like pro and college football coaches created this insane idea that they work 234 hours a week.

Reactions: HBK4life
Do you realize that Sears and every starter in baseball has a Bullpen session in between starts. Pitching 1 innings is actually less strain than a bullpen session.
My previous response:

I completely get the other side of the argument. The issue is you are going to throw much harder in a game with adrenaline flowing than you would in a bullpen session with no crowd or batter. Sears admitted he didn’t have his best stuff on Wednesday and his velocity was down. Big picture, it’s more important that he is fresh for next weekend. But again, I understand those who think winning the title today was more important. Tough decision and hopefully I am completely wrong.

My previous response:

I completely get the other side of the argument. The issue is you are going to throw much harder in a game with adrenaline flowing than you would in a bullpen session with no crowd or batter. Sears admitted he didn’t have his best stuff on Wednesday and his velocity was down. Big picture, it’s more important that he is fresh for next weekend. But again, I understand those who think winning the title today was more important. Tough decision and hopefully I am completely wrong.
Throwing 1 inning today will have zero affect on Sears start in the regional.

My previous response:

It is not hard...they are fine.

At WORST what would the difference be? 1 mph???

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT