ADVERTISEMENT

Avid Michigan Fan gives up on the Maze and Blue

westcliffe

First Team All-Big Ten
Jan 17, 2006
My daughter in law was an avid Michigan fans until Harbaugh became coach. She stuck for a while, but she says every time she picks up Free Press it’s Harbaugh everything and the guy hasn’t really ptoduced. She says it’s like Harbaugh has a bagel for breakfast and it’s headlines. She’s now an MSU fan. I tried to have her come over to the good side, but that was a bridge too far. But, they have only been married 26 years, so I have time.

Of course, we will read everything printed about Frost, but that’s different in so many ways.

tenor.gif

That is a HUGE conversion to go from being a Michigan fan to an MSU fan unless she happened to attend both schools.

My daughter in law was an avid Michigan fans until Harbaugh became coach. She stuck for a while, but she says every time she picks up Free Press it’s Harbaugh everything and the guy hasn’t really ptoduced. She says it’s like Harbaugh has a bagel for breakfast and it’s headlines. She’s now an MSU fan. I tried to have her come over to the good side, but that was a bridge too far. But, they have only been married 26 years, so I have time.

Of course, we will read everything printed about Frost, but that’s different in so many ways.
See if you can get her to go to a game in Lincoln. I convinced my buddy (who was a Bears season ticket holder) to come to a game with me. He didn't really care for the 8hr. drive from Chicagoland but couldn't believe the pregame & game atmosphere. He said, "Bears tailgating ain't nuttin like this". He was hooked after that.

That is a HUGE conversion to go from being a Michigan fan to an MSU fan unless she happened to attend both schools.
She grew up in a town close to MSU and actually didn’t attend either school.

My mother, who was a die-hard Husker fan, worked in southern Michigan and always pulled for the State. I always liked Michigan. Ann Arbor is a great town.

She grew up in a town close to MSU and actually didn’t attend either school.
Well, then that makes some sense. No diehard fan though would switch loyalties if they attended only one of those two schools.

Damn straight. The Frost thing is a whole other level of different.

I don't really want to live in a World where I have to defend Jim Harbaugh. His abrasive nature and desire to seek the limelight makes him an easy target. But I think people should wait to judge him until after the 2018 season. Michigan is going to have the best defense in the Big Ten, and possibly the country. But more importantly, they now have a real QB, an experienced offensive line, and some very talented skill players.

He basically had to flip his roster from 2016 to 2017. It was rebuilding season. This 2018 roster is all his, and the team should be damn good.

Now, if you want to criticize him for his antics or his inability to develop his OWN QB recruit, then that's warranted. But I think its a bit premature to question his "production."

LOL. Ask your daughter in law if she would like to attend MSU with their now public display of disregard for female students as it pertains to protecting them from sexual assaults. Not only MSU medical staff (Nassar) but 17 football players accused of serious sexual assaults under Dantonio's watch and just recently 3 recent basketball players currently under investigation for rape in 2015 under Izzo's watch. All of these players never missed playing in a game.

MSU just hired an MSU grad as their new AD because another serious coverup by their two main coaches (Dantonio and Izzo) is about to be made public by ESPN and this AD will defend/deflect criticism of these "untouchables".

MSU is the epitome of a "win at all cost" program.

Harbaugh is "different" , he has always been that way even as a player in 1986, but does not lack a moral compass and really cares for his players and wants the best for them. The trips to Europe are not publicity grabs but really about world experiences for college students all paid for by a donor.

He has also won 28 games in three years at Michigan.

He "hasn't won anything" except beating Southern Cal while at Stanford as the biggest upset based on point spread (44 points) in college football history. His last Stanford team was 12-1 and won the Orange Bowl . His Michigan team in 2016 beat PSU 49-10 and that 2016 PSU team went on to win the BIG10 that year.

He did not win the Super Bowl but he had to win like 16 games that year to get the 49'rs there.

Frost does not display the same idiosyncrasies as Harbaugh but his success in coaching and past history as a star QB at Nebraska and hiring by Nebraska parallels Harbaugh's hiring as the prodigal son returning in every respect.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sinomatic
I don't really want to live in a World where I have to defend Jim Harbaugh. His abrasive nature and desire to seek the limelight makes him an easy target. But I think people should wait to judge him until after the 2018 season. Michigan is going to have the best defense in the Big Ten, and possibly the country. But more importantly, they now have a real QB, an experienced offensive line, and some very talented skill players.

He basically had to flip his roster from 2016 to 2017. It was rebuilding season. This 2018 roster is all his, and the team should be damn good.

Now, if you want to criticize him for his antics or his inability to develop his OWN QB recruit, then that's warranted. But I think its a bit premature to question his "production."

He has not developed his OWN QB at Michigan yet but does developing Andrew Luck at Stanford and Alex Smith at the 49'rs count?

He did not recruit Jake Rudock but he turned the Iowa reject into a QB drafted into and still in the NFL. Does that count?

He has not developed his OWN QB at Michigan yet but does developing Andrew Luck at Stanford and Alex Smith at the 49'rs count?

He did not recruit Jake Rudock but he turned the Iowa reject into a QB drafted into and still in the NFL. Does that count?

No, none of those count.... And Andrew Luck is Andrew Freakin Luck. Alex Smith didn't become a good NFL QB until he ended up with Andy Reid.

what the hell is even your point on this obvious made up comment?

From UM to MSU ?

....nope.

Reactions: Mack In Motion

I think we might have a different opinion on what a avid fan is. But to each their own.

Reactions: Mack In Motion
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT