ADVERTISEMENT

August 5 practice will be followed by first media session

SOHusker11

Senior
Jan 28, 2016
Practice 8:35 A.M.

Chinander, requested defensive assistants, selected defensive players.

While we may have enough bodies for a 2 deep at LB - I think only Barry has shown the ability to consistently play at a big ten level - that is 1 of 8 guys

Not on the 110 ATM but shouldn't be too long for JoJo I've heard.
That is good to hear. JoJo has shown flashes but I maintain Barry is the only LB on the team that has shown he can play and consistently stay in the field. That is a lot of uncertainty for that position - particularly if you are a 3-4 team

Ruud very happy with top 3 inside LB's, says Honas standing out.
Honas says he's much more comfortable this year.
Chin says Miller also playing well.

Last edited:
Reactions: huskerfan1414
Chin says AM and WanRob giving them problems, also mentions JD and Mills among others

This isn't surprising as those guys are hard to bring down in space and our defense wasn't great to begin with although I think they definitely be improved this year.

That is good to hear. JoJo has shown flashes but I maintain Barry is the only LB on the team that has shown he can play and consistently stay in the field. That is a lot of uncertainty for that position - particularly if you are a 3-4 team

Not too worried about it. If Frost would have inherited a team where all the position groups played at a sustainable Big 10 level through two deep....we wouldn't have need a coaching change to begin with

OLB Caleb Tannor reportedly looks much bigger than last year. Feels great, says he's much more comfortable in year 2.

Could be a difference maker at that spot.

OLB Caleb Tannor reportedly looks much bigger than last year. Feels great, says he's much more comfortable in year 2.

Could be a difference maker at that spot.

Yeah, I have high hopes for that dude. A 4 star OLB from Georgia should be a good player at some point.

While we may have enough bodies for a 2 deep at LB - I think only Barry has shown the ability to consistently play at a big ten level - that is 1 of 8 guys

A little over-dramatic? Ferguson is every bit as good as Barry. Domann, Honas, and Miller have shown they can play at a Big 10 level when they got in.

A little over-dramatic? Ferguson is every bit as good as Barry. Domann, Honas, and Miller have shown they can play at a Big 10 level when they got in.

Not sure which games you watched but I do not agree there is clear evIdence those three have been consistent every down LB’s. There were flashes but there is big difference between spot play and making a sack and being in there for several series. They may be ready to make that move but to say they they all play at a BIG 10 level is a stretch. If they would have, we would have seen more of them aside from Honas who was injured.

Last edited:
Mo will probably be on All B1G lists at the end of the season. Would be nice if Ferg had a monster season. If the others can indeed play at a P5 level, NU will be fine at LB.

Reactions: NorthwoodHusker

Ferguson had 36 tackles last year Barry had 112 and received all conference mentions. That is hardly “every bit as good”.

JoJo and Honas haven’t shown the ability to be consistently available.

They may take a big step forward this year, and I hope they do, but I’m typically in the show me don’t tell me camp.

Last edited:
Ferguson had 36 tackles last year Barry had 112 and received all conference mentions. That is hardly “every bit as good”.

JoJo and Honas haven’t shown the ability to be consistently available.

They may take a big step forward this year, and I hope they do, but I’m typically in the show me don’t tell me camp.

Kind of an awkward camp to be in over the off season banter. I mean a guy who doesn't have much production literally can't soothe your worries until a good chunk of the season plays out and you see if the production changes.

There's really nothing Frost or the fans can say to assuage that

Kind of an awkward camp to be in over the off season banter. I mean a guy who doesn't have much production literally can't soothe your worries until a good chunk of the season plays out and you see if the production changes.

There's really nothing Frost or the fans can say to assuage that

Part of that depends on whether the player didn’t see much of the field because although talented he was playing behind a bunch of all conference - Butkus award winners on a filthy defense versus being in your 4th year and not yet being able to get consistent playing time on really crappy defenses. The latter case suggests there might be a talent deficiency

Reactions: LP4NU
Part of that depends on whether the player didn’t see much of the field because although talented he was playing behind a bunch of all conference - Butkus award winners on a filthy defense versus being in your 4th year and not yet being able to get consistent playing time on really crappy defenses. The latter case suggests there might be a talent deficiency
Who was in their 4th year? Most of the mentioned linebackers are going to be juniors this year. They got about as much playing time as you'd expect for a sophomore, and now that they're upperclassmen you expect that they take over the starting role and do a good job. If you were paying any attention last year, you'd see that each of those players has the potential to do that.

Who was in their 4th year? Most of the mentioned linebackers are going to be juniors this year. They got about as much playing time as you'd expect for a sophomore, and now that they're upperclassmen you expect that they take over the starting role and do a good job. If you were paying any attention last year, you'd see that each of those players has the potential to do that.

Ferguson is in his 4th year. The guy you said was “every bit as good as Barry”

There's a noticeable absence in Fall Camp for Nebraska this week.

Junior outside linebacker JoJo Domann is currently not a part of the 110-man roster linebackers coach Jovan Dewitt confirmed on Monday. Domann was also not at Fan Day this past Thursday, which raised questions on his Fall Camp status.

A program source confirmed to HuskerOnline that Domann is currently nursing a summer injury, but will be back in Lincoln by Wednesday, and is expected to be added to the 110-man roster shortly after.

"If you aren't healthy, then you can't play and you can't help us," defensive coordinator Erik Chinander said when asked how important it is to keep Domann healthy this season. "Keeping him healthy is probably No. 1 right now."

The Colorado native is looked at as one of NU's top returning outside linebackers heading into the 2019 season.

In other news, HOL has also confirmed that Highland (Kan.) C.C. defensive tackle Jahkeen Green's transcripts have made it to admissions at NU, it's just a matter of things clearing before he can officially be announced as a part of the roster.

Reactions: SOHusker11
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT