ADVERTISEMENT

Attrition Comparison

rgrachek

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2004
I was doing some counting (not including transfers who came in as that's a merry go round):

Rhule's first class (28) - All but Fields still with us going into the summer after their first year. It's early and I know that we'll have several leave at some point because of being passed over, injuries, looking to get PT somewhere else, etc, but it's a good sign that so many are still here.

Frost's first class (25) - 5 were gone by the start of the 2019 season and 19 of the 25 didn't finish here.

Riley's first class (21) - 3 were gone by the start of the 2016 season and 8 didn't finish here.

Pelini's first class (28) - 3 were gone by the start of the 2009 season and 13 didn't finish here.

Callahan's first class (20) - 4 were gone by the start of the 2005 and 10 didn't finish here.

Just a snapshot and I may be off a little bit, but it will be interesting to see what Rhule retains compared to the others. This and the low transfer numbers seems to indicate that the players really like being here now. The fact that Frost only retained 6 of his first class through all of their eligibility is pretty amazing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News