ADVERTISEMENT

ASU starting QB, shocker

Not rooting for or against the guy, but my gut said when he left here that he just didn't want to play football anymore. I was a lil shocked he transferred anywhere.
He quit on his team last year just 2 games in

I was disappointed Rhule allowed it to happen

Piss poor teammate. 1 of 2 “me first” guys we thankfully dumped from the QB room as soon as the season ended.

If somebody doesn't wish to put in the work to be able to accomplish something, then they don't really want to accomplish it....i fail to see the difference.
I see your point but I think there is a difference. One can have certain ambitions but lack the fundamental character to fulfill them. I think Sims is immature and not very bright. So having a lot of very honest self knowledge may not be in his wheelhouse. In fact, he might be a bit arrogant and delusional. My point is that I think he still has "Uncle Rico" syndrome and is still living out his high school popularity. I think he really wants to play football but always as an exercise in reliving past glory. And that came without a lot of hard work. He wants the success but does not know how to achieve it.

Reactions: RedMyMind
I see your point but I think there is a difference. One can have certain ambitions but lack the fundamental character to fulfill them. I think Sims is immature and not very bright. So having a lot of very honest self knowledge may not be in his wheelhouse. In fact, he might be a bit arrogant and delusional. My point is that I think he still has "Uncle Rico" syndrome and is still living out his high school popularity. I think he really wants to play football but always as an exercise in reliving past glory. And that came without a lot of hard work. He wants the success but does not know how to achieve it.
its hard for me to be too critical of him. These guys are 19-23 year olds. I can only draw from my own stupidity and cluelessness at that age. One time when my wife was really pissed I asked her why she married me. She replied "I thought you had money.".... Wrong. Good heavens there was no way I was mature enough to get married and have kids. College football players who are younger in most cases than I was then? Yeah I'll cut most of them some slack.

its hard for me to be too critical of him. These guys are 19-23 year olds. I can only draw from my own stupidity and cluelessness at that age. One time when my wife was really pissed I asked her why she married me. She replied "I thought you had money.".... Wrong. Good heavens there was no way I was mature enough to get married and have kids. College football players who are younger in most cases than I was then? Yeah I'll cut most of them some slack.
Well, I am agreeing with you. I am responding to those who are claiming that Sims doesn’t really want to play football. My response is “Yes he does but he is too young and immature to really figure out how to make that happen”.

If your stance is Sims is to stoopid to realize he needs to work hard to play football at this level.....and that he could be a real player if he did.....then he's a flaming dumbass, or he doesn't want to play football. Either one is a bad look.

Both Sims and Purdy got beat out to be the starting QB at their new transfer schools. Not very surprising.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT