ADVERTISEMENT

Assessment of QBs by New Staff

Hail Varsity

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 17, 2001
I don't know what type of evaluation the previous staff did around our QB play and the ultimate depth chart, but for some reason, I feel a lot more confident in whatever the conclusions are that this staff will arrive at when Spring football ends or when they take the field in the Fall.

Maybe it's just because there seems to be more transparency all around or maybe it's because Riley and Langsdorf are both highly qualified QB coaches, but I think if they come out with a pecking order then I'm going to believe that's the way it should be. That may not be fair to the previous staff, but I just didn't feel the same way about their judgment.

If that means Tommie Armstrong is the starter then bo be it. If AJ Bush or Ryker Fyfe is 2nd and Johnny Stanton is 3rd or 4th then that's okay, even though I've always thought Stanton had lots of upside to contribute. Swap the order any way you want, I just believe these coaches have provided a lot of opportunities for reps and it will lead them to the right choices.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News