ADVERTISEMENT

As I watch Oregon St. hold 19th ranked UCLA's Jonathan Franklin....

Here is the thing, Banker is very good at stopping a pro set offense, not so much a spread. There is also a problem with your staff on letting things go when the opponent hits their team in the mouth, lets just say they are too nice some times. Sarkasian is a jerk and does any thing to win, including letting the air out of footballs, having his corners put a helmet under the chin of a defense less receiver, having his center end the season of D Tackles by unfair leg blocks, Washington was coached buy Sarkasian and the Beavers were timid because of previous encounters and extremely flat, this is one of the games that the OSU fans became very frustrated with MR but I repeat there is no better a man in the coaching ranks than MR. And there is a great deal of curiosity about how MR will do in Nebraska and most of us wish him and your team well, even though it was time for change at OSU.

If he is too timid at Oregon St, why wouldn't he also be too timid at Nebraska. That's not a talent thing, that's an attitude thing. Plenty of BiG TeN teams like to punch others in the mouth, and if we are too timid to respond, could be tough going.

I am calling B S on this WORRY. Look at our coaches and where they have been; they want action. We have coordinators who are position coaches; the D coaches want to disrupt offenses -BO's Self-blocking Dancing Bear routine for the D- tackles is ending. We will gamble and blitz at times also; it will increase as the lb's show their stuff despite youth; and coaches gauge the depth. Even on O ; despite a short passing game; we like to throw long to burn baby burn - "Timid"?

I am calling B S on this WORRY. Look at our coaches and where they have been; they want action. We have coordinators who are position coaches; the D coaches want to disrupt offenses -BO's Self-blocking Dancing Bear routine for the D- tackles is ending. We will gamble and blitz at times also; it will increase as the lb's show their stuff despite youth; and coaches gauge the depth. Even on O ; despite a short passing game; we like to throw long to burn baby burn - "Timid"?

Well it is not that they are too timid, it is just that there is no price to pay for being dirty. I personally have watched Jaquizz Rodgers get hit ten yard out of bounds, no retaliation and then there was Wheaton knocked cold by a Washington d back again no retaliation, Sarakasian took out both of our D Tackles, again no retaliation, MR is an outstanding coach and judge of talent but he is too nice for his own good and the last two years we lost a lot of games in the 4 quarter because of soft and a lack of conditioning. Don't take this wrong because MR and crew are very good Pro Set coaches and if you are playing a pro set o their D will play with their hair on fire but this works against them with the spreads.

Watch the games you win will be against a Pro Set O and the games you will struggle against will be the spreads but it is possible that Banker has learned a few things from playing Oregon and Arizona and several others, like I said before, we really hope that MR and crew can bring you a championship but until these questions are answered, I doubt it.

Well it is not that they are too timid, it is just that there is no price to pay for being dirty. I personally have watched Jaquizz Rodgers get hit ten yard out of bounds, no retaliation and then there was Wheaton knocked cold by a Washington d back again no retaliation, Sarakasian took out both of our D Tackles, again no retaliation, MR is an outstanding coach and judge of talent but he is too nice for his own good and the last two years we lost a lot of games in the 4 quarter because of soft and a lack of conditioning. Don't take this wrong because MR and crew are very good Pro Set coaches and if you are playing a pro set o their D will play with their hair on fire but this works against them with the spreads.

Watch the games you win will be against a Pro Set O and the games you will struggle against will be the spreads but it is possible that Banker has learned a few things from playing Oregon and Arizona and several others, like I said before, we really hope that MR and crew can bring you a championship but until these questions are answered, I doubt it.
I may not have understood fully where you were coming from. Mizzou seemed to get away with it a lot even in the T O days and it being brought out. Needs to be more uniform discipline and some steps have been taken - In the 90's N would retaliate in imaginative ( running plays at a party, or blitzing ) ways; or if not imaginative coach wasn't happy with penalties.

I can't agree with this more! This is exactly why I feel that Riley and Company will have NU not only IN every game this year but probably winning all of them.

We know this staff is great at developing talent.
We know that NU currently has better or equal talent that probably every team they play this season.

This is going to be a very very good season.

Man, you're setting yourself up for disappointment if you think we're going to win every game. I think we're likely 2-2 and 3-1 at best going into conference play. That's not to say I'm down on Riley, it's just that we have two very tough non-conference games to kick off the year, when the players are still going to be learning the playbook. I think this team gets better as the year goes on, but Tommy under center scares me. I'll be happy with 3 or 4 losses this year and then no more than 2 next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT