ADVERTISEMENT

Arik Gilbert - He Gone

He was worth the risk. Boerkircher is young and has experience now and Fidone is immensely talented. Without Boerkircher Rhule would have needed to take a lower level TE to ensure we had someone there.

this you?

Starting players like Boerkircher is a big part of why we don't even go to bowl games anymore. He isn't some walk-on who rose above a bunch of quality scholarship players. He's a walk-on who is playing significant minutes because of terrible recruiting and roster management.

Prove It The Kid Mero GIF by Desus & Mero

this you?
Yes. Like I said, worth the risk. No doubt if Boerkircher turns into an all-conference player I will hear about it from you. I stand by what I said about him though. He didn't start based on skill. He started because Frost had major recruiting gaps.

Reactions: Anegada1
Yes. Like I said, worth the risk. No doubt if Boerkircher turns into an all-conference player I will hear about it from you. I stand by what I said about him though. He didn't start based on skill. He started because Frost had major recruiting gaps.
He's still starting. And now he's on scholarship.

neither of those things have anything to do with frost.

From what I was reading is that he would have been 3rd on the roster. Sucks to lose, he would have played.

Proof once again that it takes more than physical talent to succeed. You can have all the physical talent in the world but if you also don't have the mental state of mind to go with that you're doomed. We've now seen that in at least two instances this Fall. Kudos to Rhule for giving both players a shot but it was always going to be a low probability bet.

Would be interesting if he is allowed back on the team but after a few game suspension. Is he facing felony charges?

Not surprised given his troubled past. Rhule must be really po’d after all of his statements supporting Gilbert, including his comment that if Gilbert didn’t get the “second transfer” exception, no one should. Good riddance.

Since he hadn’t received the waiver, can we identify him as former Georgia tight end as he gets processed by the courts?😀

Last edited:
Geez dude. You are throwing your God given freak athlete mode away. In a short time it will not be worth anything. And you will have no college degree either.

On the bright side we might not have to hear about him anymore.

Only at Nebraska could you have the #1 TE recruit in 2020 & 2021 and both be busts.
There are obviously 5-star / #1 position groups to bust out but the probability both bust just seems unlikely. Hope Thomas can turn around but not holding my breath. I’m afraid injuries made him average. Carter Nelson might want to take out a life insurance policy

Reactions: solarpanels
Only at Nebraska could you have the #1 TE recruit in 2020 & 2021 and both be busts.
There are obviously 5-star / #1 position groups to bust out but the probability both bust just seems unlikely. Hope Thomas can turn around but not holding my breath. I’m afraid injuries made him average. Carter Nelson might want to take out a life insurance policy
Fidone is 2 days away from finally playing. I would withhold judgement on him.

Depends how they charge him. If he stole more than $1,500 worth of stuff, then its a felony. Also, burglary alone is a felony, I believe. I think what is described probably fits burglary. However, if he pays restitution, it wouldn't surprise me to see a deferral perhaps, or a plea down to a misdemeanor with a fine. But, I have no idea what is in his background, so maybe he's used up all chance of something like that already.

Reactions: solarpanels
What if … hear me out … the liquor store had an NIL agreement with Arik … they stopped payment because he hadn’t got the waiver approved yet. Liquor store was losing out on their investment and Arik wasn’t getting paid.

He calmly negotiates with them over the past week - they tell him “if you want anything from us, you’re going to have to bust the door down and take it”.

Arik views this as an agreed upon situation, so follows directions to get what’s his!

Ultimately, I blame NIL and the NCAA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT