ADVERTISEMENT

Are Huskers pursuing anymore Transfers?

jamsand

Redshirt Freshman
Jan 14, 2004
According to 3 different sites, there are 3 DL available in top ten of portal that could contribute as starters on power 5 teams.. Marquis Robinson of Auburn, ALTON TARBER of Oklahoma, and ZION MAGALEI of Colorado.
With Wynn leaving via portal, does Nebraska feel comfortable with its current DL, specifically nose tackle roster?

I was hoping we would add one but Nash and Ty Robinson in the middle seems decent enough with Jeudy if need be.

According to 3 different sites, there are 3 DL available in top ten of portal that could contribute as starters on power 5 teams.. Marquis Robinson of Auburn, ALTON TARBER of Oklahoma, and ZION MAGALEI of Colorado.
With Wynn leaving via portal, does Nebraska feel comfortable with its current DL, specifically nose tackle roster?
Fall camp will start in about 6 weeks, I am assuming they are still in the portal for a reason.

I think Rhule is planning on playing with what he has. Rhule is building a program and on a 8 year contract. I don’t anticipate him adding anyone unless that kid figures in their long term plans.

Rhule has implied in the past that he prefers to take guys in the January date. For team culture and such. I think the only way he would take someone in Spring is if he felt really strongly about them. But he is not one to reach just because. I heard early he reached out to a few people (they were highly sought after) and was turned down.

Definitely interested to see what Jason Maciejczak can do as a freshman. He’s another large, strong kid from South Dakota like polar bear!

Hard to even say. Would Cam and Prince be considered DL? Or will one play OLB?
We did get maybe 4-5 guys for DL this most recent class to I can’t imagine we need more at this point. Not transfers anyway.

I, for one, will be interested in how Rhule and Co, use redshirts. Will it be simply for OL, maybe a QB? In today's football, if you can get after the QB, can make tackles, can cover WRs, can catch or run with the ball, you can, and often times do, see the field as a true freshman. The really good teams in the country aren't afraid to play true freshmen if they meet the standard. Actual playing time is the best teacher. We have seen classes of players that came in and were expected to contribute, but were either passed by or just never developed. Now they are 5th or a few 6th year players, with little to no game experience. Throw them to the wolves and let them play, dudes like Lienhardt and Princewill need to be on the field and not sitting around waiting their turn.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT