ADVERTISEMENT

anyone use firestick for prime?

I switched to rokus last year. Didn’t have issues with prime on my fire sticks prior to that though

I do. They seem to become less responsive over time. I trade them out every 2 years, usually with a black Friday sale at around $20 each. I don't want to spend $80 or $100 for a device to run a few apps like YouTube, prime and Netflix.

Reactions: pahusker139
I bought the 4k version last October and it has had issues all along. Switched back to the original firestick and it works fine.

Tried using both firestick and roku before eventually going with nvidia shields tv pro. The shield is pricey but the layout is perfect and in 2 years have never had any issues with it.

been having troubles the last few days and wondering if anyone else the same.
Only issue I've had is that it the main screen froze up twice. I used the voice command to get it to snap out of it. Several months ago I did unplugged one and did a reset. Otherwise, no issues. Firestick is the best. Seems as if the company that owns it has a lot of resources to keep improving the product!

Reactions: kakdawg
I do. They seem to become less responsive over time. I trade them out every 2 years, usually with a black Friday sale at around $20 each. I don't want to spend $80 or $100 for a device to run a few apps like YouTube, prime and Netflix.

This is my experience as well. They are small and cheap, which means they're not going to hold up with the heat over the long haul. The eventually flake out and need to be replaced.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT