ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone see Cocaine Bear yet?

Midsommar was the most retarded movie I’ve ever seen. Boring as hell, and then just went bat sh!t crazy the final 20 minutes.
Ever since I had kids, movies with any type of horror/suspense aspect just don’t do it for me anymore.

The Standoff At Sparrow Creek. Its a suspense drama that stars James Badge Dale. It is equal parts Reservoir Dogs and Twelve Angry Men. A bunch of militia members stuck in a warehouse trying to figure out who the bad guy is. I liked it a lot. Its from 2018 so not that old.

*as an aside, I really liked Midsommar. Batshit crazy and boring at times, but really shocked the viewer at times. Try Bone Tomahawk if you like westerns and part horror. That movie was really good I thought.

Reactions: c3o
This⬆️ Not sure when I will see it or under which format, but I will see it. It deserves that much.
I'm late to the party. It is a good movie, funny enough and does have some laugh out loud moments. I hadn't been to the theater in 4 years, dropped 60 bucks for the two of us. It may be another 4 years till I can afford to go again. I'd wait till it's on rental, worth seeing though.

We went to see "65" last night. I hadn't even really heard of it but the premise sounded interesting. Honestly it was a lot of what I kinda miss about movies from 20-30 years ago. Nothing memorable, not great (or even that good), but generally entertaining, NOT 3 effing hours long, and had a few tense moments. I'm sick of super hero movies and movies that seem like they're too damn long just for the sake of being long.

I'm late to the party. It is a good movie, funny enough and does have some laugh out loud moments. I hadn't been to the theater in 4 years, dropped 60 bucks for the two of us. It may be another 4 years till I can afford to go again. I'd wait till it's on rental, worth seeing though.

SIXTYFREAKINGBUCKS????

That ain't right. was diner and or wine involved, I hope?

SIXTYFREAKINGBUCKS????

That ain't right. was diner and or wine involved, I hope?
$28 just for tickets @ a 4 o'clock show no less. Popcorn and pop was $30, 4 dollars cuz the tip jar was empty 😂

Maybe I should have settled for $60 worth of Smack. West O is expensive, might have to do the Tuesday movie for 5 bucks or something.

Reactions: HBK4life
That's why you sneak your own candy in. Fvck those prices at the theater.
I know, really wanted the theater popcorn. It was good not great, got the refills to take home.

But yeah, that's what it cost for 2 people to eat out now at a nice restaurant. Crazy!

• Wow
Reactions: HBK4life
Everything is dumb now. Movies have been unexplainably 98% garbage for the past 10-15 years. Not sure I’ve been to a movie theater in 2 years. Cocaine bear actually looks good in comparison and the boys and I are definitely going to go see it.
It'll be like fast food. You'll wonder why you fell for it again.

That's why you sneak your own candy in. Fvck those prices at the theater.
Everyone hates the outrageous refreshment stand prices (including me) BUT the reality is it's the refreshment stand that keeps the theater open. Without those refreshment sales/profits they wouldn't have enough revenue to cover their costs. Distributors take the bulk of the ticket price in the early weeks of a movie release and the distributors need it to cover those mega million dollar budgets for a blockbuster (e.g., those stunts/special effects in Fast X cost considerably over $300 million before marketing costs). it's the reality of movie business economics.

P.S. And despite all the bitching about pricey streaming subscriptions, they're a comparative bargain.

Last edited:
Reactions: king_kong_
I'm flattered, Enormous Douchebag!

what a day! always nice to hear from my fans

to answer your question, I haven't seen it but seems like a fun romp with a coke-fueled bear - something I assume you're much more qualified to weigh in on than I
A wonderful day indeed.

Yes, fun romps with cocaine fueled bears are my PASSION. Big furry ones. Lots of coke.
Nailed it.

/Endthread

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT