ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody Go Undefeated This Year?

Dec 9, 2017
Another crazy topsy-turvy college football weekend in the books, and only 11 teams remain undefeated.

Army
Navy
Miami
Pittsburgh
BYU
Iowa State
Indiana
Oregon
Penn State
Liberty
Texas

Excluding post-season and even Conference Championship games, does anybody see any of these teams finishing the regular season undefeated?

Oregons schedule looks favorable now - Michigan and Wisconsin on the road. I’m thinking the 2 time zone curse may be real even though I think they are mountains better than both teams.

Texas still has Georgia and A&M in college station. Good chance to drop one of those.

Indiana loses next week.

Iowa State will lose one or both to Utah and Kstate.

Ohio State will handle Penn St.

Miami doesn’t have another ranked team on their schedule. I would say they have the best opportunity and mentally - I’m not prepared for a Miami #1. 😔

Oregons schedule looks favorable now - Michigan and Wisconsin on the road. I’m thinking the 2 time zone curse may be real even though I think they are mountains better than both teams.

Texas still has Georgia and A&M in college station. Good chance to drop one of those.

Indiana loses next week.

Iowa State will lose one or both to Utah and Kstate.

Ohio State will handle Penn St.

Miami doesn’t have another ranked team on their schedule. I would say they have the best opportunity and mentally - I’m not prepared for a Miami #1. 😔
The kickoff times will be key for Wiscy and Michigan. If they are the early time it will be a hard adjustment, if they are late it will be beneficial.

I think evidence shows West coast NFL teams struggle when they play the early game on the East coast.

Agree. Ewers is pretty average. Arch obviously has a much higher ceiling.
I agree that Arch has a higher ceiling but he still has the tendency to hold on to the ball too long and against a defense with some dogs on it, he's going to get lit up. Quinn, with all his flaws, still gives the us the chance to win but I could be wrong there. Next year I do expect great things from arch though if we can rebuild the offensive line quickly.
Going to be fun in a few years when we see Arch versus Rayola in the NFL because they're both going to be successful there

Reactions: StoneTempleHusker
I agree that Arch has a higher ceiling but he still has the tendency to hold on to the ball too long and against a defense with some dogs on it, he's going to get lit up. Quinn, with all his flaws, still gives the us the chance to win but I could be wrong there. Next year I do expect great things from arch though if we can rebuild the offensive line quickly.
Going to be fun in a few years when we see Arch versus Rayola in the NFL because they're both going to be successful there

Was a big fan of Sam Ehlinger when he played at Texas.

He was never going to be an NFL QB, but as a 4 year starter at UT he was a hard-assed gave you everything he ever had player. He is very similar to Quinn Ewers. Leadership and want to certainly does matter, and not backing down from competition is a huge plus. They both have that in spades.

lol, average? He’s projected to go in the first round.

Zach Wilson was the #2 pick in the 2021 NFL draft.

There were 5 QBs taken that year in the 1st 15 picks:

Trevor Lawrence
Zach Wilson
Mac Jones
Trey Lance
Justin Fields

He is the 2nd best QB on his own team right now. He is not an NFL QB.

Texas quarterback conversation/situation…

folding-chair-fold-up-chair.gif

Last edited:

Trevor Lawrence
Zach Wilson
Mac Jones
Trey Lance
Justin Fields

All were good QBs and not average for their college team. Thanks

Was a big fan of Sam Ehlinger when he played at Texas.

He was never going to be an NFL QB, but as a 4 year starter at UT he was a hard-assed gave you everything he ever had player. He is very similar to Quinn Ewers. Leadership and want to certainly does matter, and not backing down from competition is a huge plus. They both have that in spades.
Yeah sam was great. he just had very little support and a terrible OL.
I sure wish he would have never said that "we're back" s*** because we still get clowned for that and rightfully so.

Trevor Lawrence
Zach Wilson
Mac Jones
Trey Lance
Justin Fields

I don't have a dog in fight but using term average with Ewers is just stupid

Both QBs have throws for roughly 900 yards in 3 games ands both have 9 TD. Ewers has an extra Int and lower QB rating as result of that and lower YPC. Ewers has tacken half the sacks as manning.

Ewers stats are against Colorado State, Michigan and Oklahoma
Manning against UTSA, UL Monroe and Mississipi State

Statisically very similar and one has played against a P4 schedule (Ewers) and one has played a group of 5 schedule.

You don’t think Baker was a worthy top pick?

Ummm...., no.

They could have got him in the 2nd round much less 1st overall.

There is a reason why Ozzie Newsome and staff got canned. Browns paid a shit ton for that 2018 draft and had the 1st and 4th picks along with 2 2nd rounders. 4 of the top 35 picks.

Only Denzel Ward remains from those picks.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: king_kong_
Ummm...., no.

They could have got him in the 2nd round much less 1st overall.
So you think QBs who take multiple franchises to the playoffs and win playoff games grow on trees?

I suggest you keep these opinions to yourself, lest everyone think you’re a complete idiot

Reactions: Landomatic
I don't have a dog in fight but using term average with Ewers is just stupid

Both QBs have throws for roughly 900 yards in 3 games ands both have 9 TD. Ewers has an extra Int and lower QB rating as result of that and lower YPC. Ewers has tacken half the sacks as manning.

Ewers stats are against Colorado State, Michigan and Oklahoma
Manning against UTSA, UL Monroe and Mississipi State

Statisically very similar and one has played against a P4 schedule (Ewers) and one has played a group of 5 schedule.

He is average. I'm sorry your thick skull prevents you from critical thinking.

He won't be an NFL QB much like Sam Ehlinger won't be an NFL QB. Arch Manning on the other hand may be a future NFL QB.

It is like comparing Haarberg to Raiola.

You probably think JJ McCarthy, Michael Penix, and Drake Maye were great draft picks this year. And likely even Bryce Young just last year.

Jayden Daniels was the only guy worth drafting 1st round this year, much like CJ Stroud was the only guy worth drafting last year.

This year? Kind of still waiting on Jalen Milroe, but Cam Ward is the guy I'd draft. Rest are trash.

• Haha

He won't be an NFL QB much like Sam Ehlinger won't be an NFL QB. Arch Manning on the other hand may be a future NFL QB.

You probably think JJ McCarthy, Michael Penix, and Drake Maye were great draft picks this year. And likely even Bryce Young just last year.

Jayden Daniels was the only guy worth drafting 1st round this year, much like CJ Stroud was the only guy worth drafting last year.

This year? Kind of still waiting on Jalen Milroe, but Cam Ward is the guy I'd draft. Rest are trash.
Caleb just threw his 5th TD pass of the day

You referred to Ewers as average when his college QBR is in top 15. That is not average unless you are comparing him to other future 1st and 2nd round draft picks (which are not average by definition). If you are saying he is average for a guy that will be drafted high and that Manning will be better when he is drafted high, then I have no problem with that.

Reactions: c3o
I think Texas is probably the best team in the country right now. But getting through the SEC gauntlet is extremely difficult. I'd have to go with Liberty due to their lesser competition

Another crazy topsy-turvy college football weekend in the books, and only 11 teams remain undefeated.

Army
Navy
Miami
Pittsburgh
BYU
Iowa State
Indiana
Oregon
Penn State
Liberty
Texas

Excluding post-season and even Conference Championship games, does anybody see any of these teams finishing the regular season undefeated?
Texas is legit. What they’ve got now is different than what they’ve had in the past. Apparently Sarkesian has become an adult

You referred to Ewers as average when his college QBR is in top 15. That is not average unless you are comparing him to other future 1st and 2nd round draft picks (which are not average by definition). If you are saying he is average for a guy that will be drafted high and that Manning will be better when he is drafted high, then I have no problem with that.
Both of Texas quarterbacks are high draft picks. Anybody who disagrees is delusional

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT