ADVERTISEMENT

Any idea what this means?

LBremser

Junior
Feb 17, 2008
Ochaun Mathis and Tommi Hill spoke to reporters briefly after leaving the Frost-firing meeting:

"But both Hill and Mathis described a problematic culture that had developed under their former coach. Asked what needs to change with Nebraska football, Hill said the Huskers need to cement “more into a bond.”

“Being more into a whole circle,” Hill continued, “not two circles.”

Ochaun Mathis and Tommi Hill spoke to reporters briefly after leaving the Frost-firing meeting:

"But both Hill and Mathis described a problematic culture that had developed under their former coach. Asked what needs to change with Nebraska football, Hill said the Huskers need to cement “more into a bond.”

The huskers have one sack. Mathis is not getting it done.

I usually don’t put any stock into the lip service of student athletes, but I really do want to know what Hill means by “Two circles”. Who, in his mind, are the two circles?
Probably the players in Scott's circle and then everyone else. One team one heartbeat

Reactions: Huskerfan2112
wG7rs5.gif

• Love
Reactions: Braves3
Probably the players in Scott's circle and then everyone else. One team one heartbeat
There have been indications in the past that Frost had his favorites, so I wondered if this might be what they were referring to. But both were starting and getting a lot of playing time as transfers, so I'm not sure why they would bring that up. I wondered if the circles are those who are still giving it their all and those who have mailed it in.

I’m thinking there was a rift between offense and defense. Maybe some finger pointing at the d for losing games. Frost said a number of times in
His post game that his message to the team was we win as a team and lose as a team.
Well, they are human beings with feelings! I felt as a fan 42 pts anough to win! Then get the lead with 3 minutes to go and give it up! Then again in the Northwestern game we couldn't score more in the 2nd half! I still think back to the Sean C repeating that older players said Coach Frost has to talk to the younger players! Strange!

Relaying and paraphrasing what Damon Benning mentioned this morning. Said SF had a allowed player(s) to be part of the program when it suited them with no apparent accountability (Manning?).

Reactions: GaRed

I didn’t see anything that explained 2 different sides. I did find this comment a little more interesting, disconcerting.

Mathis hasn’t noticed any “push-pull,” as he called it, but he does believe that the Huskers need to change their “losing culture.” What that means is hard to describe, “but the energy is different,” Mathis said.

With the transfer portal a thing now, just flip the soiled roster and get rid of the stank.

Has anyone been following NU football since Frost has been here? From the first moment he landed and started tryouts there have been allegations of favoritism. That hasn’t stopped in 5 years. I think it is fairly apparent that are 2 groups of players. AM was a prime example.

Well you’ve got probably way too many guys on the roster for one thing. Sorry I love walk ons too. Then you brought in 30 new guys
Yes. Overall roster size needs to shrink to about 110.

If the roster size in the BIg Ten road games is 75? Those are your supposed 75 most important players, the 110 still accounts for an extra 35 kids who could be on the squad serving some type purpose.

110 is 4+ deep in all positions and includes long snappers, punters, kickers, etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if Trev and Mickey, next year will reduce the size of the overall squad.

I believe he is talking about Frost having favorites and Forcing the position coaches to play them, and maybe we might see some different people in the game more.

I usually don’t put any stock into the lip service of student athletes, but I really do want to know what Hill means by “Two circles”. Who, in his mind, are the two circles?
One circle is going to be Grant and AJ. The other circle are forgotten backs like Ervin, Yant and kinda Rahmir.

Another circle is Trey, Washington, Alante and Omar (when available), and USED to be Isiah. Now for some reason, after his big game against NW (4 catches for 130), Isiah has not been targeted or caught a ball for the last 2 games.

I'm hoping that Mickey will adopt the position that a player that produces gets the snaps and those that don't produce get less snaps.

I'm interested to see what the personnel groupings and rotations are starting Saturday.

Players, IMO (which doesn't matter) that need far less reps are:
Gifford, Kolavaric, Robinson, Feist, Farmer.

So far, NU has made a huge mistake in their QB decision. This offense has become totally dependent on CT, and he doesn't seem like the most durable QB I've seen.

Overall, he's playing really well, but what happens if he goes down early in the 1st quarter in a game like OU where NU needs to score a lot to have a shot at winning?

Venables is really gonna come after him, mainly because that's how he coaches, but just as important is NU's backup QB's having not proven anything this year.

We gonna beat OU with Logan throwing the ball? Does Chubba have any rhythm with our main WR's? Can he even make the same throws as CT?

This looks like a team that could rally with personnel changes and a hard-ass new Head Coach who may place winning above feelings.

It also looks like a team that could crumble if things start to unravel.

Just an opinion.

One circle is going to be Grant and AJ. The other circle are forgotten backs like Ervin, Yant and kinda Rahmir.

Another circle is Trey, Washington, Alante and Omar (when available), and USED to be Isiah. Now for some reason, after his big game against NW (4 catches for 130), Isiah has not been targeted or caught a ball for the last 2 games.

I'm hoping that Mickey will adopt the position that a player that produces gets the snaps and those that don't produce get less snaps.

I'm interested to see what the personnel groupings and rotations are starting Saturday.

Players, IMO (which doesn't matter) that need far less reps are:
Gifford, Kolavaric, Robinson, Feist, Farmer.

So far, NU has made a huge mistake in their QB decision. This offense has become totally dependent on CT, and he doesn't seem like the most durable QB I've seen.

Overall, he's playing really well, but what happens if he goes down early in the 1st quarter in a game like OU where NU needs to score a lot to have a shot at winning?

Venables is really gonna come after him, mainly because that's how he coaches, but just as important is NU's backup QB's having not proven anything this year.

We gonna beat OU with Logan throwing the ball? Does Chubba have any rhythm with our main WR's? Can he even make the same throws as CT?

This looks like a team that could rally with personnel changes and a hard-ass new Head Coach who may place winning above feelings.

It also looks like a team that could crumble if things start to unravel.

Just an opinion.
He drop two balls last game. Isiah that is.

One circle is us trying to make a tackle. The other circle is us actually making the tackle. Be the second second circle.

Reactions: RedMyMind
Which game could you afford to put the backup in?
What's the damage in the 2 games they lost or the game NU won by 3 TD's?

A backup likely would not caused the win to be a loss, but may have turned either of the losses into a win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT