ADVERTISEMENT

Another Transfer QB target- Bailey Zappe

He seems like he will have options. Better options.
If you’re implying a QB who threw for 10,000 yds and 88 TDs wouldn’t want to come resurrect a fledgling program on the brink of total irrelevance in front of a rabid fanbase who will scrutinize his every move, well.... I’ll just pretend until I hear his decision.

I just expect Frost to be all over Zappe and Brewer right now... if not others. Chances may be slim, but gotta try.

If you’re implying a QB who threw for 10,000 yds and 88 TDs wouldn’t want to come resurrect a fledgling program on the brink of total irrelevance in front of a rabid fanbase who will scrutinize his every move, well.... I’ll just pretend until I hear his decision.

I just expect Frost to be all over Zappe and Brewer right now... if not others. Chances may be slim, but gotta try.
Well, when you put it that way.... LOL!

Reactions: Anegada1
Nebraska would be a great option for a transfer QB. This system was great for QB’s before AM and we are getting some good skill people. Look at the multiple wide open TD’s AM missed Saturday. If I was a transfer QB, I would be salivating.

All true, but Frost would actually have to play him too.

Nebraska would be a great option for a transfer QB. This system was great for QB’s before AM and we are getting some good skill people. Look at the multiple wide open TD’s AM missed Saturday. If I was a transfer QB, I would be salivating.
No shit. Frosts offense can be great for a QB. The BIGGEST mistake he has made here is in evaluating and recruiting quarterbacks. Too much emphasis on athletiscim and not enough on throwing accuracy.
Other mistakes? Of course. But an accurate heady QB? I'd like to see this team and offense with one.

No shit. Frosts offense can be great for a QB. The BIGGEST mistake he has made here is in evaluating and recruiting quarterbacks. Too much emphasis on athletiscim and not enough on throwing accuracy.
Other mistakes? Of course. But an accurate heady QB? I'd like to see this team and offense with one.
he's recruited plenty of accurate passers. they just haven't committed to him.

Absolutely

Frost needs to bring in a stud QB while there’s still memory of his past QB successes to sell them on. “Sure we struck out with 3 years of Adrian, but I had these others who dominated running this offense.”

re: Zappes 567 passing yards against Texas Tech- I don’t think Martinez could do that against a high school team, or possibly an empty field if he had 40 throws and the only rule was they had to travel more than 10 yds.

Frost needs to fly down there and put it into writing that he guarantee he will start him as his quarterback for the 2021 season.

Frost needs to fly down there and put it into writing that he guarantee he will start him as his quarterback for the 2021 season.
On the other hand, just send him this year’s film. I’m not sure I want a QB who watches it and doesn’t understand he’s guaranteed the starting job.

But he should fly down there anyway as a gesture of how serious he is.

Reactions: headcard

I wonder if Frost is even trying to bring another qb given how much he loves Adrian and Luke.

Reactions: NorthWillRiseAgain
I wonder if Frost is even trying to bring another qb given how much he loves Adrian and Luke.
Someone said today he would only look at a transfer QB if they’re a “good fit” b/c he’d rather give schollys to walk-ons.
With the bar set pretty low, I think there’s plenty of opportunity for “good fits”.

I just hope he’s serious about finding an upgrade, because I don’t see magical success on the horizon if we continue with status quo.

Forget about the transfer portal. Scott said there are walk ons that deserve those scholarships. They will only use the portal if they have to. I mean...are they really better than what we have?

Someone said today he would only look at a transfer QB if they’re a “good fit” b/c he’d rather give schollys to walk-ons.
With the bar set pretty low, I think there’s plenty of opportunity for “good fits”.

I just hope he’s serious about finding an upgrade, because I don’t see magical success on the horizon if we continue with status quo.
Was that quote about QB’s or just transfers in general?

We need our own Justin Fields. No, Amart is not it.

Reactions: Husker_AMG63
Was that quote about QB’s or just transfers in general?

He said he would look at transfers if they could fit what they need.. There was nothing said about just a QB...

He also said a lot of teams can’t get a lot of these transfers because they are dealing with numbers too..

Reactions: CatColumbia
I think we all know that Frost is too damn stubborn to pickup a transfer QB like this.

Doing so would mean he has to admit failure with both AM and LM.
You are correct. If there is one thing that Scott seems to be is Stubborn.

I have little faith in his willingness and ability to make the changes necessary to correct the issue under his control. This includes coaches and positions of need

Reactions: CatColumbia
We need our own Justin Fields. No, Amart is not it.
I wish Frost would have went after Fields out of HS. He was committed to Georgia and was obviously not going to start. Frost was the hottest coach in the country. Wish he would have went after Fields. If he struck out, could have went with Burrow. Hindsight, I guess.

Reactions: bigboxes
He said he would look at transfers if they could fit what they need.. There was nothing said about just a QB...

He also said a lot of teams can’t get a lot of these transfers because they are dealing with numbers too..
Thanks for clarifying- I heard it second hand and thought it may have been specific to QBs. Either way, I agree with his coach speak....
as soon as that interview is over he should be dialing the number of his first choice transfer QB.

Reactions: headcard
He needs to explore that portal hard, and decide in advance that there is a scholarship for the right guy, regardless of any deserving walk-on or other non-contributor that needs to be shown the door. I could probably find 10 to 15 boat anchors without even trying

he's recruited plenty of accurate passers. they just haven't committed to him.
pm9oNjh.gif

To be fair, anyone can do that against Texas Tech. Their defense is god awful.
Yeah- I wasn’t trying to prop up TT defense, only mentioned since it was FCS vs FBS.

Anyone could run against Minnesota also.... until we played them.

Reactions: bigboxes
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT