ADVERTISEMENT

And this is why IDGAF about CFB anymore

LandoPower

Assistant Head Coach
Aug 1, 2018
And why I canceled my RSS subscription after 19 years.

They have ruined CFB with this NIL bullshit and the transfer portal. I'll always be a Husker but my interest in CFB is gone. I check the free board occasionally to see what is going on. Didn't even know spring practice started.

They have ruined CFB with this NIL bullshit and the transfer portal. I'll always be a Husker but my interest in CFB is gone. I check the free board occasionally to see what is going on. Didn't even know spring practice started.

It's gotten out of hand. Im still a fan but sucking for 5 plus years and all the transfer portal bullshit has dampened my enthusiasm. I don't even know who's on our team anymore. Just win. No more excuses!! GBR!!

Well said comrade.
Capitalism is evil.

Yeah, how dare someone capitalize on their talent.

If he gets a hurt in college the college wouldn’t do crap for him after. At least this way they could be set. That is if a college kid doesn’t blow it or get exploited.

It’ll get regulated somehow soon when only a few can “afford” players and there’s an uproar.
They aren't capitalizing on their talent. That's where you dumbasses get it wrong. They are capitalizing on the universities name. Put this kid in the Usfl and see if he gets 8 million dollars. Probably wouldn't even get a million.

They aren't capitalizing on their talent. That's where you dumbasses get it wrong. They are capitalizing on the universities name. Put this kid in the Usfl and see if he gets 8 million dollars. Probably wouldn't even get a million.
Great point. Fact.

Reactions: t7w0c1

Confused by “signed a a schools collective”. It makes it sound like the college arranged the NIL - is that allowed ?

They are capitalizing on their potential and going to the place that maximizes their financial gain. Why is that wrong?

Arch Manning could be worth $8MM in advertising of his entire college football career. Hell that might be a bargain if he turns out to be any good. He is a name

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
So the talent of the player has nothing to do with it? Interesting thought.

I suppose we will start seeing coaching offer scholarships to the least talented players, since talken doesn't matter.

Yeah, how dare someone capitalize on their talent.

If he gets a hurt in college the college wouldn’t do crap for him after. At least this way they could be set. That is if a college kid doesn’t blow it or get exploited.

It’ll get regulated somehow soon when only a few can “afford” players and there’s an uproar.
No HS FB player is worth 8 mil. How about the 5 star DB Neb has on its roster? What could he have made in NIL coming out of HS? 500k? 1 mil? The guy never sniffs the field at Neb. Ridiculous.

Last edited:
Freedom got drafted in 2nd round of USFL draft. 1 mil seems a little steep for a avg college fb.

so far I'm kinda liking nil, we will find out, but it seems like it helps plug holes fast..
I think Nebraska is siting ok..

I think it will help keep the bama and ohio state from having all 5 star benches.
because the money can be over the table now.

the main thing is stanford keeps puting focus on olympics and not football
cause they can out spend texas, bama, and ohio state combined

Things change. Everywhere, every day, every aspect of life. If you let that take football away from you then that’s a you thing, not the NIL. Now go shake your fist at the clouds. FYI, I don’t love it either…..until we benefit from it. Then it’ll be the best thing ever. Amiright?

Reactions: mgbreis
Things change. Everywhere, every day, every aspect of life. If you let that take football away from you then that’s a you thing, not the NIL. Now go shake your fist at the clouds. FYI, I don’t love it either…..until we benefit from it. Then it’ll be the best thing ever. Amiright?
It's not taking football away from him. He's here posting about it, he'll be watching. Might be a bit of a drama queen though.

Last edited:
Just like jesters were in the past, athletes are here to entertain us. We toss them some coins and they dance for us. But they must keep us continually entertained for the fear we lose interest and toss our money to the next jester in line.

Getting worked up about stuff like this is the

It's not taking football away from him. He's here posting about it, he'll be watching. Might be a bit of a drama queen though.
Bruh. I watched 5 Nebraska games last year. I only missed 1 since 1996 before the 2021 season. I will probably watch less this year. Will never go cold turkey but watching 1 or 2 Ne braska games will be the norm for me. As far as the rest of CFB, I have better things to do.

Well if we capitalize off the transfer portal like a certain school did last year, we can continue this trend while putting more and more resources into it, and guess who might be in the portal in a few years….😁

It will settle eventually

~g
Well if we capitalize off the transfer portal like a certain school did last year, we can continue this trend while putting more and more resources into it, and guess who might be in the portal in a few years….😁
On the one hand recruiting classes mean a heck of a lot less now. I personally don't like the the transfer portal or NIL and would rather the NFL institute a minor league with players draftable out of high school than continue this. The kids really don't care about the school aspect anymore and are just looking for cash and exposure.

Bruh. I watched 5 Nebraska games last year. I only missed 1 since 1996 before the 2021 season. I will probably watch less this year. Will never go cold turkey but watching 1 or 2 Ne braska games will be the norm for me. As far as the rest of CFB, I have better things to do.
Like what though? I mean, CFB is on all day from 11am until midnight on Saturday. What would you be doing that will occupy those 13 hours each Saturday for 12 weeks?

Reactions: c_broadus
Like what though? I mean, CFB is on all day from 11am until midnight on Saturday. What would you be doing that will occupy those 13 hours each Saturday for 12 weeks?
It's really not that hard to not watch games and then just wait for someone to post highlight and summary videos.

Reactions: Jaemekon
People have hobbies and things that need to get done. Not that hard to occupy a day lol. Especially after carving out 4 hours for the Nebraska game. That’s how my Saturdays go at least.

Full day of football is for Sunday. While Nebraska will always be my #1 team, NFL is a much better product.

This is ridiculous, no kid in high school entering college is worth that kind of coin..😡
No doubt there are performance clauses in the NIL deal that require the kid to start etc. Supposedly that's why that kid left Ohio State. He wasn't going to start any time soon and it was costing him money. I would bet that after getting burned on high profile high school recruits, some of the NIL money is going to dry up for high schoolers. People who don't think kids were getting 10s of thousands of dollars under the table (USC cough cough) back in the day weren't paying attention. I think Reggie Bush got several hundred thousand in benefits to his family and nobody even got to use his mug in advertising.

Reactions: BleedRed78
Ain't putting that toothoaste back in the tube now.

I dislike the NIL for a lot of reasons but the biggest is, kids in high school are not equipped to deal with that much prosperity that soon. There is something to be said for working your way up....juat giving a teenager millions of dollars is going to set back his maturity level and work ethic and give a lot of them an inflated sense of self worth. That is just to much money to quickly for most kids...God help 'em if they don't ha e a strong family unit to help them.

.....but I'll never stop watching CFB over it...but I no longer schedule my Saturdays around it anymore either.

People have hobbies and things that need to get done. Not that hard to occupy a day lol. Especially after carving out 4 hours for the Nebraska game. That’s how my Saturdays go at least.

Full day of football is for Sunday. While Nebraska will always be my #1 team, NFL is a much better product.
No I get that, I do but I have hobbies and none of them really take up 13 hours each Saturday.

I have golfed 18-18-9 befor in one day, that took up about 10 hours.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT