An analysis of Tommy Armstrong's passing statistics from 2014 to 2015

Gucci_mAYne420

Walk On
Oct 15, 2013
(from Huskers.com statistics)

Games Cmp Att Accuracy Efficiency Yds TD Int Yds/game
2014 13 184 345 53.30% 133.04 2695 22 12 207.3
2015 11 210 383 54.80% 127.21 2856 21 16 259.6

It felt like Tommy regressed to his old ways later in the season. The first two games Tommy looked much more poised than he did all of 2014, but the Miami game was a turning point for him. His numbers look pretty similar to last season (except for yards per game) so that tells me he didn't improve a whole lot from 2014. I believe it's due to Tommy's inability to think on the fly and make decisions in the moment. There's been a lot of times this season where he's missed his check down routes, otherwise I could see his completion percentage at 60+%. It'll be interesting to see what a good decision making quarterback who doesn't get anxiety in the pocket can do in the Riley/Langsdorf offense. This offense has the weapons at skill positions to be deadly, but the o-line is still a bit of a question mark.

Last edited:
I said before the season started that I thought TA had probably maxed out his ability, that he would be solid but never great at this level. Then he had a couple of good early games, and I thought maybe I was wrong and that he would actually play a level higher this year. But at the end it does look like he was about the same. The idea that he would be "coached up" to a new level by the new staff hasn't panned out.

I thought we would offer Eason once Richt was fired. Let's reel him in!

this Easton sounds like he from the same state Riley is from.
I would think Riley would have the jet fired up. go back to washington, say hi to some friends, while landing the 1# qb recruit in the nation. a multi tasking type trip.

Reactions: headcard
I would like an analysis of TA's decision making from 2014-2015.

I would like an analysis of TA's decision making from 2014-2015.
Re-watch the games. The film indicates Tommy is a poor decision maker. Whether or not it's a coaching issue or a Tommy issue is another thing. The next two years will be telling.

Re-watch the games. The film indicates Tommy is a poor decision maker. Whether or not it's a coaching issue or a Tommy issue is another thing. The next two years will be telling.

I watched all of the games and I am quite aware of his decision making....thanks. Winking

Reactions: Gucci_mAYne420
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT