ADVERTISEMENT

An 11-0 Iowa team is only a 2.5 point favorite over a 5-6 Nebraska team...

Cornicator

Nebraska Legend
Gold Member
Feb 27, 2009
Meadville
I can't think of a bigger indictment of the 2015 Iowa Hawkeyes. The best team in Iowa history is only favored by 2.5 points over the 1st Nebraska team to lose 6 games before November since the 50s.

And I still predict Nebraska will be favored at kick.

This point spread undoubtedly spoils whatever excitement Iowa fans may have had over their 11-0 start and position to play for a conference title and possible the national championship.

Suck it, Hawkeyes!

This point spread undoubtedly spoils whatever excitement Iowa fans may have had over their 11-0 start and position to play for a conference title and possible the national championship.

Suck it, Hawkeyes!

I hope this is sarcasm ..... why the heck would Iowa fan care about the point spread as long as they win?

and why are we giddy that we are an underdog on our home field?

I know you want to pat yourself on the back that your "worst" team is as good as Iowa's "best". Just remember that statement is indicative of the fact that in 2015 your program is in the worst shape it has been in 50 years and Iowa seems to be in pretty good shape.

Reactions: E.RogerCoswell

Suck it, Hawkeyes!
I would imagine this is the dumbest thing you have ever posted. Not much thought going into this one. 12-0...11-1....Big Ten title game coming.... Ha....what possibly could get people excited over this season. Come on man/woman....use your brain for more than idiotic thought.

Reactions: OmahaSker
I hope this is sarcasm ..... why the heck would Iowa fan care about the point spread as long as they win?

Nebraska is 5-6. Iowa is 11-0. If anyone actually respected Iowa, they would be a 10 to 17 point favorite in that scenario. Everyone knows Iowa is a fraud and tks spread just confirms that notion. And nobody is giddy about the spread. We are giddy about facing 11-0 Iowa, not 11-0 Clemson.

I can see the spin already after we kick the dog crap out Iowa...
"We were looking ahead to the Championship game".

Im not sure the point spread means much in this game, except for bettors.

1. it's going to hinge on armstrong's decision making, if he forces the dumb pass early (interception), iowa is completely sound enough to capitalize on it pdq.

2. will the players smell the coffee like against msu? will they play 4 quarters?

3. will we establish a running game early? that involves the rb and hb running north-south?

4. will the defense get to their qb?

I'm ok with armstrong making a few throws early down field to open up the running game..but they best be on target and best be caught.

I could see this game being a blow out either way, or a grudge match.
all depending on play calling and execution.

Reactions: ExxHusker

Why would you care enough to post this response... closet Hawkeye fan???

I would imagine this is the dumbest thing you have ever posted. Not much thought going into this one. 12-0...11-1....Big Ten title game coming.... Ha....what possibly could get people excited over this season. Come on man/woman....use your brain for more than idiotic thought.

Congrats on the dumbest thing you have ever posted.

Yet another Iowa fan apparently new to the internet...

Iowa will have to play to win and not play to not lose. The Huskers will come in loose and relaxed; the pressure is all on the Hawkeyes.

Congrats on the dumbest thing you have ever posted.

Yet another Iowa fan apparently new to the internet...

Not new to the Internet...just new to a really dumb Nebraska post. I admire the husker board....great discussions...good insight to football. But your post was the total opposite to everything I have come to expect here....just really...really dumb.

Iowa has this inferiority complex so having this point spread low hurts their self image. They want everyone to think they are great even though in their heart of hearts they know they are not

NU is an underdog because we have a losing record and they are undefeated

I think we win which would be no small accomplishment and would show great progress. But man after reading some posts from fellow Husker fans I really really hope we win or its gonna be a whole lotta crow instead of thanksgiving leftovers.
This is a good Iowa team and if we beat them it's because we've improved a lot, not because they don't deserve to be 11-0.

Lol
Man, you guys are really reaching to try and justify being even in the same conversation as Iowa.
Bitter is bitter.

"We're still good, right guys?
I mean, we won 11 games (19 years ago)...
We are going to crush Iowa (even though they've destroyed every team that's beaten us.)"

Well in your humble opinion what team was Iowa's best?

1985 but a lot of teams were more talented than this one. Even the 2009 team had 10 of 11 starters on defense make the NFL. CJ Beathard might turn out to be the most talented QB though, 12-0 as Iowa's starter. This team plays as a team and finds a way to win.

Reactions: E.RogerCoswell
Well in your humble opinion what team was Iowa's best?

The 2002 and 2009 teams were clearly superior...both went to the Orange Bowl. The 2004 team that beat LSU was better. You could make a case a couple were on par with this team...2008 and 2010.

This team as we all know has has an easy schedule but they play really hard and they don't beat themselves...and I hope I didn't just cures them for Friday. Most Hawks fans are concerned about Friday...anyone who knows football can see that the Huskers can win this game...it's stupid to think otherwise. My concern is an Iowa letdown with the BTTG and MSU on the players and coaches thoughts.

Iowa doesn't care about the point spread and they will come in here ready to play. We're 5-6 and crowing about the low point spread? Is that we're down to?

I can't think of a bigger indictment of the 2015 Iowa Hawkeyes. The best team in Iowa history is only favored by 2.5 points over the 1st Nebraska team to lose 6 games before November since the 50s.

First, this isn't the best team in Iowa history. It is the best record in Iowa history.

CUXJ72jUsAAvNl0.jpg

Nebraska is a very good 5-6 team. It is a rivalry game. Teams are often flawed ... look at Urban Meyer and his 2015 Ohio State team. They had a great running back, with only 11 carries. Of course, Urban doesn't usually win on the shoulders of a quality running back.

That's football ...

peace

Thought that there was a chance Nebraska would have been a slight favorite or a pick it game. See what the line is at kickoff.

Whatever it is, unless you're betting the final score will tell you what we need to know.

I think soom outsiders actually see whats actually there and realize this 5-6 Husker team has the talent and all the makings for a 10-0 team just as easy. We proved a lot beating MSU at there house (who beat the defending National Champs OSU at there house) but we can also play down to teams as well (see Purdue and others) . When we are completely healthy and whole, we are a better team then Iowa and the worst case scenario for Iowa going into Lincoln is happening, the Huskers are healthy, have woke up and playing good football. Yes it wouldn't surprise me one bit if we are favored by the time Friday hits and we will prove it on the field as well. All are strengths on defense and offense match Iowa good. Our passing will give Iowas DBs fits, we are a run stopping defense, Iowa is a rock pounding offense and NOW we found are power running game with Cross and Jano, which will really hurt Iowa now. Only way we lose, like i said all week is if Tommy is off his mark and making bad choices. In my opinion, this game does favor us, despite the records, just look at the teams strengths and the play on the field the past few weeks.

Thought that there was a chance Nebraska would have been a slight favorite or a pick it game. See what the line is at kickoff.

Whatever it is, unless you're betting the final score will tell you what we need to know.

I really thought it would be a pick um game. You guys could easily been 9-2, not 5-6. I think most Hawkeyes realize you are better than your record. Your team just made mistakes at the wrong time in a few games. Iowa, has played mistake free ball and played as a team. I guess that is why we play the game. Hope there is no injuries and we will all know more Friday about 6 pm. I would believe players from both team respect each other more than the fans:)

Not new to the Internet...just new to a really dumb Nebraska post. I admire the husker board....great discussions...good insight to football. But your post was the total opposite to everything I have come to expect here....just really...really dumb.

Seriously? If you're not new to the Internet you're clearly new to sarcasm. Obvious, insanely onvious sarcasm.

Wow...

Yup. Because Vegas is so accurate. Nebraska was favored by 6.5 over Northwestern and 9 over Purdue.

Florida was "favored" by 31 over FAU...

How accurate were those spreads?

Nebraska is 5-6. Iowa is 11-0. If anyone actually respected Iowa, they would be a 10 to 17 point favorite in that scenario. Everyone knows Iowa is a fraud and tks spread just confirms that notion. And nobody is giddy about the spread. We are giddy about facing 11-0 Iowa, not 11-0 Clemson.
Iowa must be respected enough to be #3 in the Coaches and AP poll... I think that pretty good respect don't you???

Iowa has taken care of business well on the road, better than home, when you look at 2013 at Iowa State, Minnesota and Nebraska and in 2015 at 11-0, 7-0 in the Big Ten.

11508695.jpeg

One would imagine the Hawkeyes have stopped the celebrations, selfies and trophy talk/presentation. Back to work with watching film of the 40-20 win over Purdue.

CUbU1j0UsAQQ2gH.jpg

Iowa is 2-4, since 1981, when Kirk Ferentz arrived. Iowa did win 10-7 in Ferentz's first season as OL coach under Hayden Fry. Further, they won 38-17 last time against Nebraska @ Lincoln.

CUXqLILUcAEmYJg.jpg

Can Kirk Ferentz and his 2015 Iowa Hawkeyes turnaround, after celebrating their
first Big Ten West Division title to take care of business in Lincoln on Black Friday?​

"Today we won by 20, but it didn't feel like that," said Ferentz said. "We got off to a great start in the game and then Purdue grabbed momentum. It was a 20-25 minute period where they had us on our heels a bit, but our guys fought back."

"I am proud of our football team. We're thrilled and proud of our players. They've done a great job responding to the challenges week-in and week-out and all season long. It has been the nature of things, and today we had more of those to face."

11508643.jpeg

There are Nebraskans on the Iowa roster seeking that first win as a player ...​

Yup. Because Vegas is so accurate. Nebraska was favored by 6.5 over Northwestern and 9 over Purdue.

Florida was "favored" by 31 over FAU...

How accurate were those spreads?

people that make this argument fail at logic.

Seriously? If you're not new to the Internet you're clearly new to sarcasm. Obvious, insanely onvious sarcasm.

Wow...
No...I got it but anyone who would think a line coming from Vegas would ruin an eleven win season through eleven games.....and then posting it......well......stupid. I mean....come on....think about how dumb that is...

In the last 2 weeks there have been 20+ threads on the same topic and nothing new is ever added to the discussion. Sad indictment of the upcoming game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT