ADVERTISEMENT

Alright … time for the hometown/CURRENT town

I use to ship a lot to Brechan Enterprises, Kodiak. Bob Hales was my contact. He knew I loved to bird hunt. Told me I needed to come up and hunt ptarmigan. I was running Brittanies back then. Was always too worried those big bears up there would like snacking on my dogs. Now in Montana you have to be careful of Grizzlies when hunting. They are moving out into the farm areas.

I worked for Brechan for 10 or so years until they disbanded their Vertical Construction arm. Bob Hales was head of the Civil, or road crew arm of the outfit. Pretty sure Bob is retired, I am getting close🙂.

Lots of ptarmigan around for sure. We have a mutual understanding and respect with our bears until they come to town and become a nuisance by raiding dumpsters.

It is a wild and beautiful island, I doubt I leave.

I worked for Brechan for 10 or so years until they disbanded their Vertical Construction arm. Bob Hales was head of the Civil, or road crew arm of the outfit. Pretty sure Bob is retired, I am getting close🙂.

Lots of ptarmigan around for sure. We have a mutual understanding and respect with our bears until they come to town and become a nuisance by raiding dumpsters.

It is a wild and beautiful island, I doubt I leave.
I am sure Bob is retired. I am 66 and I think he was older than me. He was a great guy to work with. One of my favorite customers.

Beatrice, (born)
York,
Grand Island.
Now that being said, I have move 28 times in my lifetime.
Things started to fall apart in the 8th grade. I went to Barr JH in Grand Island, Beatrice JH, & York JH in the SAME semester.
3 schools in one semester now that has to be a tough time. Especially dealing with a whole new set of obnoxious 8th grade boys more than once. I changed schools in the 3rd, 5th, 7th, 8th and 9th grades. My younger brother who is two years younger got to add the a move before the 12th grade to that list. You learn to adapt rather quickly. Some of my old high school friends still call me "New kid" We've only known one another for more than 50 years.

Reactions: sparky62
One of my favorite bars brain Cellis The Tides Tavern in Gig Harbor. I have several friends who grew up on Vashon Island. In the summertime we use to run our boats from Vashon to The Tides. It is fun bombing around the Puget Sound on a calm (kind of) warm starlit night in a small boat. Someone would always forget their ID so they would have to hang out on the dock while the rest of us were having fun inside. The Tides IDs everyone.
Tides is a Gig Harbor icon. Killed plenty of brain cells in that place in the 90’s.

Mitchell, NE (near Scottsbluff)
Des Moines, IA

I seen a few other western Nebraska on here, Bayard and Alliance. Wasn’t much to do out there but drink, hunt/fish and watch husker football. I do miss the river and the hills north of the cities. And the thunderstorms.

Reactions: litespeedhuskerfan
3 schools in one semester now that has to be a tough time. Especially dealing with a whole new set of obnoxious 8th grade boys more than once. I changed schools in the 3rd, 5th, 7th, 8th and 9th grades. My younger brother who is two years younger got to add the a move before the 12th grade to that list. You learn to adapt rather quickly. Some of my old high school friends still call me "New kid" We've only known one another for more than 50 years.
Loved your last line!

He was my coach, I swear he knew Moses's. His offense never changed, still ran Veer.
Funny, I thought he was old when we played the Bombers! We beat them two years in a row which was a small miracle. Our junior year we beat them for homecoming and no one could remember the last homecoming we won or the last time we best Bartley.

Reactions: bomber89
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT