ADVERTISEMENT

ALL TIME BEST THURSDAY NIGHT NON BOWL Husker FOOTBALL GAME

Missouri 2009. One of my favorite games i’ve ever attended. Pouring rain, power outage, no Jumbotrons or cheerleading PA announcer or stupid growling cat noises. Just football with the bands in the background. Old school.

The 4th quarter ass-kicking helped too.

Great pick Enozes! Thatgame was great.
Missouri was probably our biggest rivalry at that time. Oklahoma to Colorado to Kansas St to Missouri.

At K-State when TM was a freshman...Unless of course I have the team, venue, and our QB wrong, in which case, no idea.
Loved that game as well, except I think that was a Saturday night game. The Thursday night game that gets my vote is the opening game of the 95 season against Oklahoma State. Phillips ran wild. We scored something like 66 points or something.

Loved that game as well, except I think that was a Saturday night game. The Thursday night game that gets my vote is the opening game of the 95 season against Oklahoma State. Phillips ran wild. We scored something like 66 points or something.

I'm pretty sure I'm right on this one, like 51/49% in favor of right....I remember messaging on this very board talking about how I wasn't getting anything done in anticipation of the game that day..meh, maybe not. If only there was a way to find out for sure :)

Reactions: zrob
I claim the game of the century since it was night time in London where my wife is from :p

I'm pretty sure I'm right on this one, like 51/49% in favor of right....I remember messaging on this very board talking about how I wasn't getting anything done in anticipation of the game that day..meh, maybe not. If only there was a way to find out for sure :)

The Game of the Century wasn't at night...:)

That was a Thursday night game, I was there. Fun little way to say good bye to Snyder. After the game we were driving back and passed the Nebraska football buses and all the TV screens in the buses were replaying the Big 12 Championship game from the year before because we played Texas the next week in the "Red Out Around the World". When we saw that we were so damn pumped up we had to pull over and get some water!

Obviously didn't turn out well but I remember that week leading up to Texas I couldn't focus on anything.

That was a Thursday night game, I was there. Fun little way to say good bye to Snyder. After the game we were driving back and passed the Nebraska football buses and all the TV screens in the buses were replaying the Big 12 Championship game from the year before because we played Texas the next week in the "Red Out Around the World". When we saw that we were so damn pumped up we had to pull over and get some water!

Obviously didn't turn out well but I remember that week leading up to Texas I couldn't focus on anything.
I just remember I had something going on at the church. I was thinking it was Saturday night church, but it was likely a meeting on Thursday night. We had friends who came to visit from Nebraska up here in Minnesota. I didn’t remember that they had come on Thursday night, but you and litespeed have a better memory than I do. That was a great Thursday night game as well.

K-state game was for sure on Thursday and my best Thursday game would be the Okie State game where we set the tone for the year and went on to be the best/most dominant football team in the history of college football.

Reactions: timnsun
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT