ADVERTISEMENT

All Local Nebraska Basketball Team Hypothetical

How’s an all Nebraska team fair in college basketball

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sep 15, 2019
With the unfortunate early exit of the men’s basketball team, I’m curious how everyone thinks a local kid exclusive Nebraska team would fair. This is a question that couldn’t have been asked a few years ago, but the local talent has significantly improved over the years.

Think the only thing they miss is some height and depth, but they would have some firepower at the starting 5.

Hunter Sallis G- 18 ppg
Baylor Scheierman F - 18.3 ppg
Chucky Hepburn G - 9.2 ppg
Latrell Wrightsell G - 9.2 ppg
Frankie Fidler F - 20.1 ppg

Charlie Easley G - 12 ppg
William Kyle F - 13.1 ppg
Sam Hoiberg G - 3 pgg
Josiah Allick F - 7.3 ppg
Jay Pal F - 5.2 ppg
Max Murell F - 2.8 ppg

Pry missing a few but these ones stood out.

Would be Fred’s best team(on paper) but I’m not sure how anyone can make an educated prediction on how a hypothetical made up team can do in the tournament.
If they played us they’d certainly advance at least one round

And Fred’s kid isn’t local. Not that he’d get any minutes on that team anyway

• Haha
Reactions: SomedayHusker

Yeah maybe, but they wouldn’t be playing this years team.(kind of a ridiculous point anyway) They could be considerably better than any other NU team ever, go 28-6, earn 2/3 seed and lose in the 1st round. Or they could go 21-12, squeak in on the bubble and go to the sweet 16. Predicting what real teams are gonna do is almost impossible, predicting what mythical made up teams are gonna do seems just downright silly.

Reactions: huskerfan66

It's almost like you just try to think up new ways to be disagreeable. Sam played his high school ball in Lincoln. Are you saying that jus soli has to be applied when it comes to Nebraska in-state kids?

Reactions: SomedayHusker
Who’s the all Nebraska coach?
052416-NFL-MikeDitka-PI.vresize.940-850fda1d0c1a5510VgnVCM100000d7c1a8c0____.jpg

• Love
Reactions: king_kong_
Uh, you’d either have to be a fool or his father to take Sam Hoiberg over Jasen Green.
He said up front he probably missed a few. Green is a good player that obviously Nebraska wishes they had, but he's pretty invisible from the standpoint of a casual college basketball fan. Traudt should be on there also.

I would like to say Traudt, but he seems to want to be a 6'9 guard who can't shoot or handle the ball.

I would however like to submit a nomination for Saint Thomas. Sounded like the kid had some issues (don't know for sure but heard mental health/depression) at Loyola and transferred to Northern Colorado. Took a look and the kids stat and he had a really nice year. 1st Team Big Sky Conference averaging 19.7 ppg and 9.5 rpg. I really liked him at Millard North and thought he was the straw that stirred the drink them.

Green is a good player that obviously Nebraska wishes they had, but he's pretty invisible from the standpoint of a casual college basketball fan.
Someone also needs to tell Greg McDermott about him!

I would like to say Traudt, but he seems to want to be a 6'9 guard who can't shoot or handle the ball.

I would however like to submit a nomination for Saint Thomas. Sounded like the kid had some issues (don't know for sure but heard mental health/depression) at Loyola and transferred to Northern Colorado. Took a look and the kids stat and he had a really nice year. 1st Team Big Sky Conference averaging 19.7 ppg and 9.5 rpg. I really liked him at Millard North and thought he was the straw that stirred the drink them.
Yes Traudt played on the outside at Grand Island. And why not because no one from an opposing team would have a guard within 6 inches of his height. He shoots the 3 very well.

Yes Traudt played on the outside at Grand Island. And why not because no one from an opposing team would have a guard within 6 inches of his height. He shoots the 3 very well.
It's a good way to become the next Ed Chang.

It's almost like you just try to think up new ways to be disagreeable. Sam played his high school ball in Lincoln. Are you saying that jus soli has to be applied when it comes to Nebraska in-state kids?
He’s taken his classic hard line stance so he’ll be throwing his annual Hoiberg hissy fit until we start looking good again next season (provided the main juniors return and Fred’s motivation doesn’t drop with Alberts leaving) then he’ll be relatively absent from the winning game threads like he was this season. He’ll pop in once or twice with a basic “team looks great!” in a futile attempt to look like a Husker fan. Surprised he didn’t get banned again for the umpteenth time on Friday.

We could’ve lost in the final 4 and he’d still take a victory lap in calling Fred a loser.

Fred’s motivation doesn’t drop with Alberts leaving
It’s shocking anyone even feels the need to type something like this, but such is life with meek Fred at the helm

A ton broke our way this year just to get to the 8 line

Also I spent the vast majority of Jan/feb in the hospital with a struggling newborn, but thanks for noticing. not that you care, and I’m not asking you to.

It’s shocking anyone even feels the need to type something like this, but such is life with meek Fred at the helm

A ton broke our way this year just to get to the 8 line

Also I spent the vast majority of Jan/feb in the hospital with a struggling newborn, but thanks for noticing. not that you care, and I’m not asking you to.
Sorry to hear about the little one. Maybe karma is trying to tell you something? Have you tried not being such an out-of-control, emotionally bitter, elitist douche bag towards nearly everyone?

Sorry to hear about the little one. Maybe karma is trying to tell you something? Have you tried not being such an out-of-control, emotionally bitter, elitist douche bag towards nearly everyone?
thanks, but save it.

if you think an anonymous message board has anything to do with my real life or who anyone is an an actual person, you're even farther beyond the pale than I imagined.

sorry again for triggering you so hard yesterday. I will treat all further posts of yours very delicately so not to upset your sensibilities.

thanks, but save it.

if you think an anonymous message board has anything to do with my real life or who anyone is an an actual person, you're even farther beyond the pale than I imagined.

sorry again for triggering you so hard yesterday. I will treat all further posts of yours very delicately so not to upset your sensibilities.
Why don't you give all of us a treat and just go away!

• Haha
With the unfortunate early exit of the men’s basketball team, I’m curious how everyone thinks a local kid exclusive Nebraska team would fair. This is a question that couldn’t have been asked a few years ago, but the local talent has significantly improved over the years.

Think the only thing they miss is some height and depth, but they would have some firepower at the starting 5.

Hunter Sallis G- 18 ppg
Baylor Scheierman F - 18.3 ppg
Chucky Hepburn G - 9.2 ppg
Latrell Wrightsell G - 9.2 ppg
Frankie Fidler F - 20.1 ppg

Charlie Easley G - 12 ppg
William Kyle F - 13.1 ppg
Sam Hoiberg G - 3 pgg
Josiah Allick F - 7.3 ppg
Jay Pal F - 5.2 ppg
Max Murell F - 2.8 ppg

Pry missing a few but these ones stood out.
William Kyle III officially in the portal

• Love
Reactions: leodisflowers
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT