ADVERTISEMENT

After what Larry the Cable guy said today...

When Eichorst is fired which will happen at some point - the last stench of Harvey Perlman on the Athletic department will be gone - at that point we may start to rebuild
Ronnie Green seems to me to be an exact replica of Harvey Perlman.

Well, statistically, no. You're wrong.
RIley has had a couple recruiting classes, the fact that he still plays a lot of Bo's players even though they were recruited for completely different O and D systems tells us how well Riley recruits and the results show us how he coaches
He had a very late start recruiting his first class and his second class are redshirt freshmen. They look pretty darned good. Several true freshmen are playing already and they look good. Might be a little early to write off Riley's recruiting and the contributions of his recruits.

What did Larry say?
Also how was Eichorst with media weird?

Ive been ignoring the TV today after our game, so appreciate recaps.
Larry was cracking jokes and as he stated "venting". Said," I was told in 2014 to hang in there. 2015 to hang in there. 2016 to hang in there....my arms are getting tired. " Badabing...Ended with we shall overcome GBR.

Satistically
He had a very late start recruiting his first class and his second class are redshirt freshmen. They look pretty darned good. Several true freshmen are playing already and they look good. Might be a little early to write off Riley's recruiting and the contributions of his recruits.
Statistically speaking, he coaches poor and recruits no better than the last coach. Per star average of his recruits is worse than the last staff's.

Reactions: jeans15
Only if you ignore that Riley's first recruiting class was spent trying to salvage the mediocre class Pelini left.
No, that's not true. The truth is he recruits no better than the last staff whether you count that half class or not. And how many scholarships are we under the limit? Aside from hype, he does nothing well.

First he blamed the players but not the staff. The he called himself the leader and said we had great leadership. Honestly, leaders don't say this kind of stuff.

"They have to do better," Eichorst said. "The players have to do better. They have to prepare better for next week...

We will work hard and hunker down and we have great leadership. I will provide leadership, as I have to this point and continue to stay positive."

Looking at his comments I am pretty sure the "They have to do better" is referring to the coaches. It looks like he is blaming the coaches and the players which still isn't good, but I don't think he is just saying it is all on the players.

Looking at his comments I am pretty sure the "They have to do better" is referring to the coaches. It looks like he is blaming the coaches and the players which still isn't good, but I don't think he is just saying it is all on the players.
That's a pretty strained reading when the "they" follows right after "The players."

Come on guys, we've been over the recruiting of Pelini a million times by now. The problem wasn't the overall ranking (actually it was and is for Riley, because if you're not Top 15 every year, your not winning the big games much) , the problem was development. Look at all the 4 stars that never amounted to much under Pelini. That is where Riley can and must improve. He has to develop his players, especially his 4 star players, into stars. Oh, and they have to start pulling in Top 15 classes.

I do not give a rats ass about someone who "understands Nebraska football" or whatever. I care about a coach that wins ballgames and has the chance to compete for championships. The " Nebraska Football way" is outdated and a thing of the past. Give me a coach that can win some damn ballgames. To accept anything less is an insult to the game. The great coaches will attest to this I would assume. That is why Larry is a comedian and not a football coach.
Well you aren't a football coach either so I really give a rats ass about your opinion either. See how that works?

Pelini's teams played with passion until the going got tough. Then they folded. Pelini is responsible for the lack of talent on this team also. Riley may not be the right coach, but Pelini was worse.

You obviously got the blinders on.

I agree with this. If you read the entire article, it is clear he is saying the coaches need to step up and get the players pointed in he right direction. Don't just read what Toms Wife shared... it doesn't tell the whole story.

"We've had fans that have had doubts since we brought Mike on board, but you've got to win ball games. Nobody knows that more than him," Eichorst said. "But I have a lot of trust and faith in his abilities. We've got to get a group and get our kids headed in the right direction. A lot of adversity, but there's resiliency. They've shown a lot of resiliency, this group ... There are no excuses to be made, and they won't make them. Whether it's changing schemes or quarterbacks, everybody's got their challenges. We have everything we need to be successful and move forward."

Who is making changes to schemes and QBs that Shawn is referring to? That would be the coaching staff. He is calling them out right there in the same article.

Just thought t would be appropriate to share this as well.

Reactions: dinglefritz
Whether it's changing schemes or quarterbacks, everybody's got their challenges. We have everything we need to be successful and move forward."
Who is making changes to schemes and QBs that Shawn is referring to? That would be the coaching staff. He is calling them out right there in the same article.
Calling them out? He's just giving them excuses saying that they went through a change of scheme (going to the 3-4 on defense) and working in a new qb (Lee replacing TA). He's not telling them to change the scheme now or change the qb now. That's not calling them out.

Calling them out? He's just giving them excuses saying that they went through a change of scheme (going to the 3-4 on defense) and working in a new qb (Lee replacing TA). He's not telling them to change the scheme now or change the qb now. That's not calling them out.
One sentence before your quote of my quote Shawn says, "There are no excuses to be made, and they won't make them."

He just said there are no excuses, but you are saying he is making excuses.

If you absolutely believe he meant what he said with the whole "We have the talent to win now," then you have to believe him here when he says, "There are no excuses."

Cant have it both ways.

I agree with this. If you read the entire article, it is clear he is saying the coaches need to step up and get the players pointed in he right direction. Don't just read what Toms Wife shared... it doesn't tell the whole story.

"We've had fans that have had doubts since we brought Mike on board, but you've got to win ball games. Nobody knows that more than him," Eichorst said. "But I have a lot of trust and faith in his abilities. We've got to get a group and get our kids headed in the right direction. A lot of adversity, but there's resiliency. They've shown a lot of resiliency, this group ... There are no excuses to be made, and they won't make them. Whether it's changing schemes or quarterbacks, everybody's got their challenges. We have everything we need to be successful and move forward."

Just thought t would be appropriate to share this as well.
Ahhh, context. It is really important.

Are you dense? "We have everything we need to be successful and move forward". How is that an excuse?

Larry has been an outstanding representative of Nebraskans all over the state. He had bigger dreams than we did and he made it out of Nebraska, made it to the big time. I think we should all listen to what he has to say, because when most Nebraskans look in the mirror, Larry is there staring right back at them. We all bleed red.

Reactions: ThereIsNoPlace
Come on guys, we've been over the recruiting of Pelini a million times by now. The problem wasn't the overall ranking (actually it was and is for Riley, because if you're not Top 15 every year, your not winning the big games much) , the problem was development. Look at all the 4 stars that never amounted to much under Pelini. That is where Riley can and must improve. He has to develop his players, especially his 4 star players, into stars. Oh, and they have to start pulling in Top 15 classes.
Isn't like the entire offensive line four star. How are they developing?

Isn't like the entire offensive line four star. How are they developing?

What part of what I bolded didn't you understand? Clearly the OLine is not developing fast enough. Riley must improve on that, or he'll eventually be gone.

What part of what I bolded didn't you understand? Clearly the OLine is not developing fast enough. Riley must improve on that, or he'll eventually be gone.
I understood all of it. My response was to that. I don't think he can improve. Our offensive system and playacting are a joke. Our practice habits are a joke. The culture is a joke. The only thing this staff has improved on is PR. And that's the sad part. Plenty of our fans have been happy with that

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT