ADVERTISEMENT

After the Dowdell fumble…

He’ll be back - loved his energy and literally seemed like a cannon shooting to the hole. Hated that he fumbled, but respect what the staff is trying to do. In a tight room, turnovers can be the deciding factor.
NU has four guys who can take carries when the game is still being contested. I thought Dowdell might be a four game guy, but he is making them play him.

I hope he starts next week. I thought he looked like our best back.
100% I've been saying this since spring game. Idk how he practices or whatever, but the dude just runs like shot out of a cannon and angry. Love it.

Glad the coaches pulled him after that fumble though. I'm sure he'll use it for fuel and work on his game so he can eventually secure RB1

Reactions: 10Trvln
I hope he starts next week. I thought he looked like our best back.
He was our best back, no doubt, I was impressed. But he dropped the ball.

He should not play at all against Colorado because he dropped the ball today.

He should possibly get some snaps late in the game against N. Iowa if Nebraska is up big, but he needs to be in the doghouse as an example. The good thing about depth is we don't need to coddle players who cost us games.

Until the culture is changed that turning the ball over is 100% unacceptable, it will keep happening.

He should be 4th on the depth chart this week.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78

He should possibly get some snaps late in the game against N. Iowa if Nebraska is up big, but he needs to be in the doghouse as an example. The good thing about depth is we don't need to coddle players who cost us games.

Until the culture is changed that turning the ball over is 100% unacceptable, it will keep happening.

Whoa...he served his time.

Pretty sure that mindset after one mistake will make the team more tight… gotta show some grace at least… if he fumbles against Colorado as well then it’s time to sit him for a more extended time, imho. But not after the first time.

So do the same standards apply to Raiola? He throws an INT he sits the rest of game and gets busted down to #4. That would go over well.

Even the best fumble at times. Not sure what kind of culture you are aiming for.

Pretty sure that mindset after one mistake will make the team more tight… gotta show some grace at least… if he fumbles against Colorado as well then it’s time to sit him for a more extended time, imho. But not after the first time.
Even Rhule recently said that all turnovers are not the same. That was a good defensive play.

After that fumble, and the subsequent TD by UTEP, In Prior years we might’ve made it a close game. But not today. Has it really been five years since we won our opener?
There wasn't a subsequent touchdown by UTEP after the fumble. Nebraska got the safety and didn't look back. If there's a bright side to that fumble, it's that Nebraska basically woke up and shoved their foot up UTEP's ass.

So do the same standards apply to Raiola? He throws an INT he sits the rest of game and gets busted down to #4. That would go over well.

Even the best fumble at times. Not sure what kind of culture you are aiming for.
No. The 4 rb's are pretty much even. No one is close to DR, even if he throws a few picks.

There wasn't a subsequent touchdown by UTEP after the fumble. Nebraska got the safety and didn't look back. If there's a bright side to that fumble, it's that Nebraska basically woke up and shoved their foot up UTEP's ass.
Oops, I only watched the game in fits and starts On my phone, so it was hard to do it linearly

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT