ADVERTISEMENT

After reading this, I'm not so sure Frost doesn't stay at CFU

I could see Frost staying at UCF if his options were basically NU or bust.

The fact the Florida is open is kind of a forcing function for him. Even if he didn't want to leave UCF, Florida's job isn't going to be all that available in the next couple years and it has all the same attributes that made him hold out for UCF as his first stop (plus a bunch more).

Florida and UCLA in particular are two schools that are ideally situated for his style of play. Sure, he could stay around UCF and see what he can build, but then when the top school available in two years is basically LSU when their coach is fired...he might be kicking himself a little.

Unless Harbaugh or Meyer go flaky at UM and OSU respectively. There's not that many blue blood type of schools to go around.
Of the last three men to coach at Florida, two of them quit. I am not sure Florida is better than UCF.

UCF isnt going to be in the CFP anytime soon, i dont think SF is naive enough to think otherwise, sure he may dream and ponder the what if's but thats all it is. In the P5 if you go undefeated win your ccg it is about a 99.9% chance you are in the CFP in the G5 it is maybe 5% if that.

You mean like Wisconsin this year or Penn State last year. Clearly your argument holds a lot of water

You think PSU was undefeated last year? They had lost two regular season games and still almost got in. And Wisconsin will be in this year if they stay undefeated. An undefeated B1G team will never be left out.

Last edited:
UCF isnt going to be in the CFP anytime soon, i dont think SF is naive enough to think otherwise, sure he may dream and ponder the what if's but thats all it is. In the P5 if you go undefeated win your ccg it is about a 99.9% chance you are in the CFP in the G5 it is maybe 5% if that.

You mean like Wisconsin this year or Penn State last year. Clearly your argument holds a lot of water

They are way closer than Nebraska.

UCF has a way better record than Nebraska this year that is for sure, kudos to them that isnt easy to be undefeated in November, but unfortunately they are still so far an outside chance at the playoff they might as well be Nebraska at 4 wins...

There are several reasons SF WILL coach NU next season.

* TO will ask for him without pressure (no more pressure than that).
* He skipped for Stanford to work with Walsh, he will be competitive for a P5 school.
* Weather and fair recruiting is not an issue, Oregon is cold too, and NU is a destination for recruits to visit since BC.
* Extended family, never underestimate the power of grandparents when raising a family.
* Money, of course this is an issue, NU has always had a rich purse. Again, take care of the family.
* Like Devaney, SF would OWN the state of NE.
* NE is a better place to raise kids than Florida.
* Timing. With TO and grandparents aging, no better window of opportunity, NU is path to HOF.
* Big time opportunity right now, with Urban and Harbaugh to compete with, NU on the skids, no better path to the top.
* If places like ISU can win & Wisky (that copied NU), who NU still out recruits, what ceiling would SF have at NU?

In the end its a personal decision for a young family to make, but CF wives want their guys to be the best, and they can still have all they want. There's no way NU doesn't have the inside position for SF.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT