ADVERTISEMENT

About Raiola

drubendall

Head Coach
Apr 18, 2004
The shine has come off. Rhule has been too complementary of him.

It’s not my intention to pick on him unfairly because he is probably the best we have at the moment

My critiques are;

1) holds the ball too long. Is no one open.?
2) does not have a great feel for the pocket and tends to throw off his back foot. Scrambles out but way too late and is not a good scrambler. When the play breaks down, more often than not, he’s gonna get sacked
3) kind of slow. No real threat to extend plays with his legs. In college, I like a quarterback that can run the ball a bit. In the NFL, I hate it..

I get it, he’s a true freshman. We have so much room for improvement. Mostly though the coaching is average, below average.

It’s not my intention to pick on him unfairly because he is probably the best we have at the moment

My critiques are;

2) does not have a great feel for the pocket and tends to throw off his back foot. Scrambles out but way too late and is not a good scrambler. When the play breaks down, more often than not, he’s gonna get sacked
3) kind of slow. No real threat to extend plays with his legs. In college, I like a quarterback that can run the ball a bit. In the NFL, I hate it..

I get it, he’s a true freshman. We have so much room for improvement. Mostly though the coaching is average, below average.
1: correct. Our wr’s fail to get separation.
2: he’s not a dual threat
3: he’s not a dual threat

Criticizing DR is ridiculous. He’s a true freshman. Name a true freshman that started from week 1 and was successful. Now name a true freshman that started from week 1 on a terrible team with no o line and no running game and below average wr’s and was successful. Just stop. He kept us in it early and then coaches went air Nebraska and put the whole load on shoulders. Did people really expect him to be the best qb in the country? Arch manning has barely played in year 2 and was last years Dylan riaola.

Could it be coaching?

I remember Adrian Martinez looking good the first half of the season as well. Then regressed under Frost coaching staff, then goes to K State and magically looks improved.

I know this is a different coaching staff, but as we are painfully learning, it’s not a great one. So could it be the coaching that’s hurting him?

. In college, I like a quarterback that can run the ball a bit. In the NFL, I hate it..
You hate it? Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, Jayden Daniels, Baker Mayfield, josh Allen, Purdy not really a runner but can pick up first downs with his legs.

My critiques are;

He hasn't played well the last two games. Frazier played terribly a couple times his freshman year (Iowa St for instance) but in both cases the whole team sucked. He does need to scramble and run more often.

Reactions: BleedRed78
You hate it? Mahomes, Lamar Jackson, Jayden Daniels, Baker Mayfield, josh Allen, Purdy not really a runner but can pick up first downs with his legs.
That’s all I want from a quarterback, someone that can takeoff from the pocket just enough to get first downs. We don’t have that in him and we never will. College QB can get away with running a whole lot more. But you are correct those NFL guys have just enough running in them. Alan and Jackson have designed runs. That’s rarely true of Mahomes and he has the Super Bowls because he gets the ball to the playmakers better than any of them

Reactions: oldjar07
29 rushes for 70 yards right now and 32 of those are the backup QB.

Special Teams are a continuing disaster and our WRs struggle to create separation. 2 sacks and 7 TFLs by Indiana as they are constantly in the backfield. 5 turnovers.

Tough gig.

Pretty sad that a year 1 coach at Indiana has better specialty players almost across the board than we have.

it's completely unfair to do what our offensive brain trust have done to him

it's hard to win football games playing patty cake
I’ve been trying to give Satt the benefit of the doubt. But these last few weeks the play calling has been beyond bad. We have ZERO offensive identity. ZERO. And it’s been this way for two seasons. And now that we have a 5 star QB and what should be upgrades at all the skill positions. Our complete lack of offense is on the OC and ultimately the HC if he doesn’t make a change. Our OC should not be on the bus back to Lincoln tomorrow.

29 rushes for 70 yards right now and 32 of those are the backup QB.

Special Teams are a continuing disaster and our WRs struggle to create separation. 2 sacks and 7 TFLs by Indiana as they are constantly in the backfield. 5 turnovers.

Tough gig.

Pretty sad that a year 1 coach at Indiana has better specialty players almost across the board than we have.
Did Tommie start that ISU game? I thought he came off the bench and was the starter from that point.... oh well, I'm old and forget things.

If you love him you need to let him go. Go somewhere that he can excel. Because what he has to work with here will just be a waste of his career.

I’ve been trying to give Satt the benefit of the doubt. But these last few weeks the play calling has been beyond bad. We have ZERO offensive identity. ZERO. And it’s been this way for two seasons. And now that we have a 5 star QB and what should be upgrades at all the skill positions. Our complete lack of offense is on the OC and ultimately the HC if he doesn’t make a change. Our OC should not be on the bus back to Lincoln tomorrow.
as I've said:

the only time Satt has ever looked like he had any clue what an offense identity+scheme are was when he was not running his offense & he had TO and Ron Brown drawing up the plays.

he wants to throw it every down. he wants to be a finesse, pass-first team.

how Rhule levels this plainly obvious truth with his rhetoric is beyond me.

Reactions: MissoulaHusker
as I've said:

the only time Satt has ever looked like he had any clue what an offense identity+scheme are was when he was not running his offense & he had TO and Ron Brown drawing up the plays.

he wants to throw it every down. he wants to be a finesse, pass-first team.

how Rhule levels this plainly obvious truth with his rhetoric is beyond me.

29 carries for 70 yards and you want us to run the ball MORE?

Shirley you can't be serious.

This team will get better when some players move on or if necessary get benched. Why the F is one of most experienced linemen the same one that false starts? If there is one thing I will be critical about THIS staff is why is this tolerated?

I’d rather see an underclassman cut their teeth n games for the long term if they can at least keep their head in the game and don’t hurt the team in critical times during the drive.

This team will get better when some players move on or if necessary get benched. Why the F is one of most experienced linemen the same one that false starts? If there is one thing I will be critical about THIS staff is why is this tolerated?

I’d rather see an underclassman cut their teeth n games for the long term if they can at least keep their head in the game and don’t hurt the team in critical times during the drive.
What are they supposed to do? We have already been forced into playing guys that can’t block due to injury. Now we’re going to sit the guys that make mistakes to play younger players that aren’t ready and will make the same mistake? We don’t have the guys on the line right now. Blame who you want for that but it’s true

Reactions: oldjar07
Did Tommie start that ISU game? I thought he came off the bench and was the starter from that point.... oh well, I'm old and forget things.
Tommie came in for Mike Grant at Washington, and we rolled with him after that, save for injuries and blood clots.

Our OL coach had never done this job before in his life and had also never recruited in his life prior to getting here

I don’t think we have anyone waiting in the wings in his room and he clearly - clearly - can’t make anyone better

Like @JOHNNY N says - experience matters

Reactions: Hford

It’s not there’s options. We haven’t had talent in decades for the most part and certainly not on the OL or WR. Position prospects aren’t going to come to Neb. We’ll get the DR every 25 years but with 3* all over and no talent coming in it is what it is.

Our OL coach had never done this job before in his life and had also never recruited in his life prior to getting here

I don’t think we have anyone waiting in the wings in his room and he clearly - clearly - can’t make anyone better

Like @JOHNNY N says - experience matters
And we literally can't fire him bc we'll lose our QB. We might be better off letting him go and getting great coaches and going with Kaelin.

Reactions: K_Y_E
And we literally can't fire him bc we'll lose our QB. We might be better off letting him go and getting great coaches and going with Kaelin.
We are a non-serious, feelings-based program

We also hired his niece and have a job offer out to little nephew

Reactions: Hford
I like DR, he has talent, throws the ball with nice touch, but man he is not mobile at all and again, I’d like to see him put some heat on the ball at times. Is he that absolute can’t miss 5* stud everyone was expecting, I’m not sure at this point.
Imo, he needs a stud WR or 2… or at least above average. He has to float most of his passes because nobody seems to get open (or he’s not seeing the open WR), so he’s stuck floating 60/40 and 70/30 balls. I cannot remember the last uncontested pass he’s thrown (other than checkdowns). We don’t have a positive difference maker at WR.

Reactions: Zeke2005

My critiques are;

Freshmen make mistakes. Teams with freshman QB’s rarely win consistently. Biggest problem is another horrible Oline.

Tommie came in for Mike Grant at Washington, and we rolled with him after that, save for injuries and blood clots.

Tommie did not play in the game at Washington. He did not start until the game at Missouri.

Our offense is not dynamic at all, seems very vanilla. Like someone else said, we have no identity on offense.

Maybe fire the nepobaby coaching WRs. Rhule is here for a paycheck. It’s clear to me he doesn’t care if we win or lose
The kid WR coach can't coach. I played WR in college, small college I admit, and we ran sharper routes than these Huskers. They have more talent than our WR room, but they do not hold a higher standard. All their routes are rounded and lazy. Brutal to watch, Raiola has to throw them open.

We knew we’d be rolling with a true frosh, and it wouldn’t always be pretty.
Coaches need to do better for him and the rest of the team.

Our pathetic inability to run the ball, and our lack of will to emphasize it is inexcusable. You have a young talented QB, protecting him with a competent run game is imperative. It doesn’t look like it is or was a priority for our OC/staff.

My critiques are;

He is good - not great. 3-4 star. Slow, non-athletic. Good mind and good arm. Never would have started for Georgia or OSU and maybe that is why he is here in the end. Mahomes comparison is a joke.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr.Scary13
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT