ADVERTISEMENT

a standard for the idiom "blue blood" ...

AVeritas

Senior
May 29, 2001
GR_9Yn_aMAAWgkJ

Reactions: TOMHP and HBK4life
And not 1 team is this conference is one or will ever be one.
hard to argue your point. i was listening to xm college sports radio this morning. it was all about the usual suspects: bama, ohio state, uga, texas, ou with a sprinkle of michigan, ole miss, and florida. negative comments were left for the b12: who do they have to carry the banner? this separation is more obvious now with the moves of oregon, usc, texas and ou.

hard to argue your point. i was listening to xm college sports radio this morning. it was all about the usual suspects: bama, ohio state, uga, texas, ou with a sprinkle of michigan, ole miss, and florida. negative comments were left for the b12: who do they have to carry the banner? this separation is more obvious now with the moves of oregon, usc, texas and ou.
Are you Brett Yormark?😌

Love watching Big 12 matchups (in addition to B1G). Lots of fun teams. Couldn't care less about imaginary stuff like "blueblood" status. Would rather watch a team challenge for a conference title sometime before I die in the next 30 years.

Love watching Big 12 matchups (in addition to B1G). Lots of fun teams. Couldn't care less about imaginary stuff like "blueblood" status. Would rather watch a team challenge for a conference title sometime before I die in the next 30 years.
Agree. I'm 67. Used to wish for just one more natty before I died. Then it got to where I was wishing for one more conference title. Then one more winning season. The bar keeps getting lower. Tick, tick, tick...

Iowa at 15 tells you all you need to know about the veracity of this tweet. No way Iowa is in the top 20 of most watchable teams.
this seems so subjective. now look at the actual games. it really gets convoluted.
GR_b8oAXEAEuE7d

• Haha
Reactions: V-Doub
Posts garbage from X dreamed up by one anonymous person named Kelley Ford (??).....

says it seems subjective.

Really? BTW, his latest post on X is him begging for work as a CFB freelancer. What a source.

Posts garbage from X dreamed up by one anonymous person named Kelley Ford (??).....

says it seems subjective.

Really? BTW, his latest post on X is him begging for work as a CFB freelancer. What a source.
we should not be threatened by third party commentaries and data.

Last edited:
this seems subjective as hell to me.

GR_29rgbEAAvojW
What dos this even mean. I pulled up the most watched teams in 2023 and OSU was the most watched - they are almost every year. I believe I read that the 2023 OSU-Michigan game broke some regular season records. Alabama was 2nd behind OSU

What dos this even mean. I pulled up the most watched teams in 2023 and OSU was the most watched - they are almost every year. I believe I read that the 2023 OSU-Michigan game broke some regular season records. Alabama was 2nd behind OSU

And Colorado was there because network was pumping the Deion hype pre season so they were on tv more

I'm glad some of those teams landed on their feet though. There's some solid matchups there and the conference has the potential to produce some relevant teams on a regular basis. Not close to Big 10 or SEC level, but it's a solid collection of teams.
the term "blue blood" is really subjective though, isn't it. i'm sure most here would say N is blue, even though it's actually red. but if you ask folks east of the muddy river, they would challenge the thought. it's pretty much in the eye of the rival as to who is and who isn't sans a few: notre dame, ohio state, alabama, texas, usc, ou, michigan, uga. getting upset about it is thus a useless exercise.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
the term "blue blood" is really subjective though, isn't it. i'm sure most here would say N is blue, even though it's actually red. but if you ask folks east of the muddy river, they would challenge the thought. it's pretty much in the eye of the rival as to who is and who isn't sans a few: notre dame, ohio state, alabama, texas, usc, ou, michigan, uga. getting upset about it is thus a useless exercise.
Ummm... There's no challenging it bub. There's your "facts" for ya.

Ahh there it is. The troll shot to try and be superior. Was waiting for this. You are to predictable

Agree, it's all about "what have you done for me lately?"
Win or lose, I am always a Cornhusker. I'm not embarrassed to be a Husker. I value our traditions. Sure, I want to win. I just want to do it the way it's written on our stadium. And yes, Nebraska is a blue blood. The mocking of our place by this outsider and those that only care about winning make me sick.

GO BIG RED!

When "everybody in media" or "all of the talking heads" say football is better when (insert football program here) is good, that is a good indication of being a blueblood. I have yet to hear anyone say, football is better when Iowa, Kansas St, Illinois, Northwestern, Rutgers, Purdue, Missouri, etc... is good.

Maybe it is a bit subjective, but every conversation about blue blood status has the same teams listed, even Nebraska. For being so subjective, it’s remarkable that it’s always the same teams mentioned.

Can Nebraska lose that status? I suppose so. But they haven’t yet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT