ADVERTISEMENT

A lot of people are satisfied with a loss?

Chuck003

Junior
Nov 6, 2016
This is one reason the program is in the position it is in. Trying to be positive is great. However, the only thing that really matters is the 4-7 record. The boys kept fighting and whatever...Good for them. It's too bad they didn't display that passion in 9 of the other 10 games.

With this coaching staff, we have one game left. To think we have a chance to win against Iowa, we have to be encouraged by the second half. Does that make us satisfied? No. Does that make us stupid? No. That makes us fans. We just want to beat Iowa, for f*ck's sake, and then wait for the ax to fall and for the rise to begin again. Nobody's satisfied.

This is one reason the program is in the position it is in. Trying to be positive is great. However, the only thing that really matters is the 4-7 record. The boys kept fighting and whatever...Good for them. It's too bad they didn't display that passion in 9 of the other 10 games.
No reason to keep kicking while they are down. Change is coming and we will be back.

I don’t have a lot of time to read everything posted tonight, but please point me in the direction of the satisfied posters after this game.

Thanks in advance.
Riley Lovers are happy the team didn't quit and that Riley "acted nice"
And I would say Husker fans are happy the team didn’t quit... shows we have some talent for the next coach to work with.

Last edited:
I don't see anyone making today out to be more than it was. NU was competitive for about 10 minutes today. Beyond that, they only looked presentable when PSU let up or otherwise lost interest.

NU is total garbage. We all know it.

Maybe "satisfied" was the wrong word to use. "Proud" of the way the boys fought in the 2nd half would be better. I think a lot of people were happy that we made it somewhat close in the 2nd half. I'm not happy we did. I'm unhappy that we lost a football game regardless of how great they played after the score was 42-10. Losing by 12 or 32 doesn't matter. They lost is what matters. I'm starting to sound like an old Jets coach.

Maybe "satisfied" was the wrong word to use. "Proud" of the way the boys fought in the 2nd half would be better. I think a lot of people were happy that we made it somewhat close in the 2nd half. I'm not happy we did. I'm unhappy that we lost a football game regardless of how great they played after the score was 42-10. Losing by 12 or 32 doesn't matter. They lost is what matters. I'm starting to sound like an old Jets coach.
I think it’s ok to be proud of the fight... sure beats the giving up that we saw last week. It doesn’t mean I’m happy we lost by a lesser amount. We still lost and that sucks.

Even though we saw some good things in the second half, I’m not convinced our coaches can capitalize on the good things we saw today. That’s why next Friday is the final game for these coaches.

No one is satisfied with being 4-7.. some people just see the writing on the wall and don’t pile on kids because change is coming and they are the ones that are gunna be out there next year for the football team.

I’m godamn proud those kids that didn’t just lay down after the first half.. Doesn’t mean I’m ok with where the program is.. use your head

Yea your right....what was I thinking. I should be pissed we made the game closer and didnt give completely up like we did last week and let PSU destroy us by 80. Dam you Huskers, why did you fight back. Your supposed to lay day, again, and let PSU run the score up and make you guys look even worse then what we already do. My bad man, thanks for the gut check. I’ll make sure I’m pissed off when our team keeps fighting this time around. Won’t happen again.

Yea your right....what was I thinking. I should be pissed we made the game closer and didnt give completely up like we did last week and let PSU destroy us by 80. Dam you Huskers, why did you fight back. Your supposed to lay day, again, and let PSU run the score up and make you guys look even worse then what we already do. My bad man, thanks for the gut check. I’ll make sure I’m pissed off when our team keeps fighting this time around. Won’t happen again.
I'm sure you were happy with them coming out to play and fighting hard in the first half as well.

This is how I feel.Like the poor guy in the boat who knows his suffering is coming to an end.Thank God

Maybe "satisfied" was the wrong word to use. "Proud" of the way the boys fought in the 2nd half would be better. I think a lot of people were happy that we made it somewhat close in the 2nd half. I'm not happy we did. I'm unhappy that we lost a football game regardless of how great they played after the score was 42-10. Losing by 12 or 32 doesn't matter. They lost is what matters.

Let me get this straight...

You are a Husker fan, but you weren't happy that the team played better in the 2nd half?

As a Husker fan, you didn't want us to lose, but you didn't want us to make an attempt to come back and win either?

UCLA was down 44-10 to TA&M and came back and won.

What if we came back and won, would you have been just as pissed and told the players that they are f**king stupid for getting behind in the first place?

No Husker fan was satisfied that we were behind 42-10. Proud is not the right word either.

As a Husker fan, whether you were listening on the radio as I was or watching on TV, you probably got happy every time Nebraska scored. If not, why are you even listening or watching the game?

If you don't support the team, you are not a fan. If you are not a fan, why not go find a team to be a fan of? If you can't cheer on "your" team in the bad times, why cheer them on in the good times?

You are obviously a Husker fan since you are here and mad that they suck, but...

You must be a fair-weather fan?

Fair-weather fan: Only follows the team when they're good. The person doesn't switch his favorite team, but he doesn't care about his favorite team unless they're good.

------------------------------------------------------------

Although if Moos made a statement on Friday that said Nebraska would retain Riley if the team beats Penn St, every Husker fan would still want Nebraska to play well, just maybe not win... lol.

By the look on Barkley's face towards the end of the game, he sure wasn't satisfied with the way Penn State was playing. That's what you want to see even when your team has a big lead or is losing big, keep the fire burning.

With this coaching staff, we have one game left. To think we have a chance to win against Iowa, we have to be encouraged by the second half. Does that make us satisfied? No. Does that make us stupid? No. That makes us fans. We just want to beat Iowa, for f*ck's sake, and then wait for the ax to fall and for the rise to begin again. Nobody's satisfied.

Says the Iowa fan, creeping back on the Nebraska board, after Iowa looks like shite again.

Iowa is the only team I know that can beat a team like tOSU, then suck out the rest of the way.

Way to go Iowa.

And if Riley goes up tempo and lets Lee have his way, we should beat the Hawkeyes big.

Says the Iowa fan, creeping back on the Nebraska board, after Iowa looks like shite again.

Iowa is the only team I know that can beat a team like tOSU, then suck out the rest of the way.

Way to go Iowa.

And if Riley goes up tempo and lets Lee have his way, we should beat the Hawkeyes big.

May I have your permission to be a UNL grad/Husker fan for 56 years who lives in Iowa City, appreciates Hawkeye fans and their teams? Please? (SMDH)

No reason to keep kicking while they are down. Change is coming and we will be back.

We’ve been saying the same thing for 18 years and counting. Not changing. Parity hurt us more than anyone. Too hard to recruit true blue chippers here. We’ll get one every 5 to 7 years, but that’ll never do it. Top 30 program is realistic with a top 15 once a decade.

We’ve been saying the same thing for 18 years and counting. Not changing. Parity hurt us more than anyone. Too hard to recruit true blue chippers here. We’ll get one every 5 to 7 years, but that’ll never do it. Top 30 program is realistic with a top 15 once a decade.
You are entitled to your opinion, but I don’t share it. No reason we can’t own our division and be competitive with the big dogs.

You are entitled to your opinion, but I don’t share it. No reason we can’t own our division and be competitive with the big dogs.
I agree with this...

So footballfinatic, are you saying Wisconsin has more appeal than Nebraska? Michigan State? I think here is no reason to believe we can’t be Wisconsin or Michigan State.

I think here is no reason to believe we can’t be Wisconsin or Michigan State.

Literally, we can never be Wisconsin or Michigan State.

We would have to move the university to Madison or Michigan... even then, we would probably just be something dumb like Wisconsin State or Michigan Tech.

It would be hard to move Memorial Stadium, but it could be done. Brick by brick, seat by seat, etc.

Winking

Way to go Iowa.

Yea if they Penn State us and play their back ups.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT