ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting A couple Sunday night recruiting tidbits

Mike Matya

Nebraska Legend
May 29, 2001
Bellevue, Nebraska [formerly Omaha]
I was able to exchange some texts with a couple recruits today who were recent visitors to Lincoln to see if they were getting close to any sort of decision.

401273.jpg

The first was Lee's Summit (Mo.) West offensive lineman Boe Wilson and he said that "Things are standing well! Nebraska is currently in my top three."

Wilson added that his other two current favorites were Kansas and Louisville. He did not give a time frame for when he planned to make a decision.

-----------------

CHWO-J6VAAIU1UW.jpg:large

Also, Mesquite (Texas) Horn defensive end Gary Overshown has double digit offers, and though Nebraska is not one of them, he said that he has legitimate interest in the Huskers.

"I don't know much about Nebraska other than football and I'm not sure yet if I will be visiting them. They are not recruiting me very hard right now."

Overshown listed his current favorites as TCU, Minnesota, Colorado State and North Texas -- all of whom have offered him.

-----------------

1693751.jpg

Lastly, Fort Pierce (Fla.) Central linebacker Greg Simmons said that he will be committing "soon... soon", and that he remains "very high" on Nebraska. When I pressed him to be a little more specific on his time frame for a decision he said that it would likely be in July.

He specifically said, "Next month keep your eyes open" and watching twitter.

Simmons said that he already knows where he's going to be playing his college football.

I think after his announcement, Nebraska will have three linebackers committed to their Class of 2016. Call it a hunch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News