ADVERTISEMENT

A coaches notes from a UCF clinic

A great read. I saw this in another thread the other day. Quite a bit of good info and a view of how the practice schedules are designed.

If you like football and want to know what Frost wants on offense and with his tempo, then this is a good read.

Tempo:
·Practice it
·Fast communication
·Simplify rules
·Do what you do best
Use formations to limit your guys running to get lined up
Don’t get greedy with tempo when you have a lead

WR Blocking – all about Culture – must reward
Attitude – “No Block, No Rock”

QB Play:
· - When the feet are right, the ball is right.
·- Steve Young – had people filming his feet
·- Want to recruit guys with good upper body mechanics

New formations / New plays – will use in the first series to mess with defensive coaches

• Offense - 1st group - 2 superfast plays, then off. Then 3 superfast plays, then off. Then 4. They don't advance past more than 2 superfast plays in a row for a while until they are ready.

Agree simple is better. But it really doesn't matter if it is a "#2" or a "green right, Pittsburgh, 42 dog, 6 hole, tripps across, 34", if the majority of the O-Line gets blown up into our backfield the play isn't going to work.
No. But if the Frost approach is to master some central set of plays and then build on that, the Oline should be able to play faster, more natural and ultimately with more confidence.
The Frost approach on O is one of attack. The Riley O plus a statue at QB put the Oline in a reactive posture on nearly every play. That is a mentally taxing way for young guys to play the game.

Reactions: chrsmneric
Coach Frost said after the Auburn game was for him to neutralize both offensive and defensive lines. I believe that is his objective each and every game. With his tempo game and getting the defensive line super tired, the Huskers are going to score a lot of points this year.

Coach Frost said after the Auburn game was for him to neutralize both offensive and defensive lines. I believe that is his objective each and every game. With his tempo game and getting the defensive line super tired, the Huskers are going to score a lot of points this year.

Remember this was in year 2 - not his first year taking over UCF

Reactions: TFrazier
Remember this was in year 2 - not his first year taking over UCF
Yep, I see a lot of people basically think this years team will be UCF 2.0. The AAC and the BIG10 are 2 different worlds. Frost in his first year at UCF went 6-6. Why are we expecting anything more here? Especially with our insane schedule this year. 5-7 wins should be considered a pretty good year as long as we are showing growth and development from beginning to end of year. Of course I would love to see more wins, just not expecting it year 1

Success next year depends on how much the kids embrace the transition. In 07, NU had 6 losses of 14 points or more. In 08, that dropped to 2. I certainly hope the kids on the team don't think they have to wait a year to get better. I doubt SF and Co think they need to wait.

Yep, I see a lot of people basically think this years team will be UCF 2.0. The AAC and the BIG10 are 2 different worlds. Frost in his first year at UCF went 6-6. Why are we expecting anything more here? Especially with our insane schedule this year. 5-7 wins should be considered a pretty good year as long as we are showing growth and development from beginning to end of year. Of course I would love to see more wins, just not expecting it year 1

Frost took 0-12 UCF to 6-7. That's a 6-game improvement!!!

We had 4 wins last year, so he can get us to 10!!! Ye have little faith!

Then he went 13-0 from 6-7. So in 2019 we will win 17 games!!

686297_1.jpg

Reactions: Sinomatic and WHCSC
Success next year depends on how much the kids embrace the transition. In 07, NU had 6 losses of 14 points or more. In 08, that dropped to 2. I certainly hope the kids on the team don't think they have to wait a year to get better. I doubt SF and Co think they need to wait.

I think they will buy in.

Now whether they can succeed right away is another deal, but from the comments of a recruit this weekend, the team is anxious to get to work and to run this offense.

I get the impression that Frost wants to win in 2018, and win bad. There will be no transition period in his mind. With the new players on offense, he wants speed now and to overhaul the slow team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT