ADVERTISEMENT

A BIG concern

We should start having a serious conversation about the refs in the second half. Gambling, other contractual obligations is a big concern of mine
Possible. I also think it’s possible tv ratings and the big 12 officials protecting a conference member played a role. This first half was fine. The second half was a joke and pretty disgusting. Colorado got away with blatant holding on the edges from their OT’s the whole second half or we might have killed shadeur. Which to be honest, if they let it go both ways doesn’t bother me. Officials often don’t call holding in BIG games and just let them play. But they started calling phantom holds and block in the backs on us any time we had a positive play. Dannen needs to make a big deal out of this.

Possible. I also think it’s possible tv ratings and the big 12 officials protecting a conference member played a role. This first half was fine. The second half was a joke and pretty disgusting. Colorado got away with blatant holding on the edges from their OT’s the whole second half or we might have killed shadeur. Which to be honest, if they let it go both ways doesn’t bother me. Officials often don’t call holding in BIG games and just let them play. But they started calling phantom holds and block in the backs on us any time we had a positive play. Dannen needs to make a big deal out of this.
Polar Bear and Ty were mauled/held every play. I understand not calling it every play, but they should have had 3 holding calls each on these lads. Despite the fouls, these guys completely dominated the O-Line of the Buffs.

Prior to kickoff the "L" official was sucking up to sCUm. He was patting Sanders boys on the heiny. He gave us some questionable spots. This crew was beyond 👎

Block in the back by rhamir in last few minutes was an insane call, he had 1 hand resting on the guys lower back

I think this is closer to the truth than the bribery theories. These were Big 12 refs protecting their own. And it was the most blatant example of officiating malpractice I have ever seen. If I thought for one nanosecond that they called a fair game I would say so. But the “no calls” against CU and the phantom calls against us were so obvious someone needs to complain.

I think this is closer to the truth than the bribery theories. These were Big 12 refs protecting their own. And it was the most blatant example of officiating malpractice I have ever seen. If I thought for one nanosecond that they called a fair game I would say so. But the “no calls” against CU and the phantom calls against us were so obvious someone needs to complain.
Nebraska / TAMU 2010 would like a word.......

Block in the back by rhamir in last few minutes was an insane call, he had 1 hand resting on the guys lower back
Worst call I have seen in years. And no way that was just a “mistake”. That was a totally manufactured call in every way. Same goes for Benhart’s phantom holding penalty. No way an honest ref calls that. And what about no holding call against CU on the passing play where our defensive lineman (Ty?) was having his jersey clearly pulled from behind with the ref staring right at it? No way that is just a “missed call. Once again, clearly a blatant attempt to aid CU.

It was the timing of the flags that really upset me. There were some legit calls and then there were some that were disgusting

- That one on Rahmir Johnson was one of them
- Targeting on Gnayor was embarrassing. I never knew a forearm could be called... especially when it was clearly not malicious
- Offsides on James Williams #90. I mean he was lined up further back than the other two guys on our line
- Holding call on Evans #51 that was legit a clean pancake block

Those 4 calls were just terrible!

I just love that we still won that game, because it is not about who won. It is about getting a freaking fair game called. Those refs were REALLY bad and it was getting ridiculously obvious in the 4th quarter they were getting their hand in it. The only thought I had was gambling lines

Offense looked pretty bad in the second half. Refs played a huge part in that. Consistent calls against our offense. Big plays called back. Very questionable calls. Played a big part in the rhythm of the offense

Reactions: BleedRed78
We need to be concerned about the special teams
Officials were terrible no doubt, but we aren't going to see them again so I think the offense will right itself. I'm also more concerned about special teams: little confidence in Alvano, Buschini had a few good punts but averaged a pedestrian 37 yards/punt for the game, gave up a blocked punt and some big kickoff return yards. In recent years, it seems like when our special teams have been bad, they have been bad all year. Last night's officials won't cost us any games going forward, but our special teams play may very well.

I think there were far more “wtf?!?” Calls last night than the A&M game. I would have to go back and watch it tho to be sure. Difference is the refs handed A&M the game. Last night they just prevented us from humiliating Deion.

Just a reminder that in the a&m game, we had 16 penalties for 145 yards. They had 2 for 10 yards.

Reminded me of scenes from Remember The Titans movie, blatant cheating calls.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT