ADVERTISEMENT

A 5 loss season?

The excuse machine is still well-oiled and fully operational around here.
Saturday was piss poor coaching, planning and game management, period. Missed tackles, new defenders, schemes etc. happen to every team first game, they are not the reason a sun belt team almost beats us.

As you said above, Oregon is changing coaches and scheme after a 4 win season.
People around here expect them to be ready and will call them a great team, while we need more time and "what did you expect its a new coach and scheme!!? Bloner!"
Frankly I expect to win next week. I disagree with the vanilla plan and comments, but for the sake of our season I hope people are right and we come out firing next week and win the game, you know, like we did last year.
I also find the "we need more talent" excuse flawed. Yes we need more to win a B1G title, but not to beat ark state by 17. If our staff cant maximize what we have and can only field an improving team with 5 stars, then what seperates them from other coaches?

True enough.

MR's results are simply pathetic but to most posters being a "nice" guy is all that matters. So then the annual 10,000 excuses just keeps crashing in. God help us.

True enough.

MR's results are simply pathetic but to most posters being a "nice" guy is all that matters. So then the annual 10,000 excuses just keeps crashing in. God help us.
I like to think of it as giving Mike Riley every opportunity to succeed. If he doesn't, he won't be here a whole lot longer. But unlike many on here who only look at his Oregon State record (how stupid is that) I expect him to do better with better talent, facilities, tradition, etc.

Time will tell.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT