ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers week. Micah and injury updates

If Rhule actually had a burning desire to win, Mazz would be the starter in place of the leaky Lutovsky.
Tough spot to be in. Rhule wants to win bad. But solidifying the right culture for the long term trumps winning now, especially with a guy that’s only gonna be here for a year.

If Mazz has any hope of getting to the NFL, he knows he needs to play ball!

Tough spot to be in. Rhule wants to win bad. But solidifying the right culture for the long term trumps winning now, especially with a guy that’s only gonna be here for a year.

If Mazz has any hope of getting to the NFL, he knows he needs to play ball!
Tell that philosopy to Urban Meyer, Nick Saban, Steve Spurrier, Jimbo Fisher, Bobby Bowden and Tom Osborne.

At the end of the day, their job is to win games. People are gonna talk shit about NU regardless.

Not disagreeing with you in principle, but Rhule always has these rules in place that give him a cushion to always lose 3-4 games a year.

You really thnk Dominic Raiola gives a **** who's protecting his son the best?

Tell that philosopy to Urban Meyer, Nick Saban, Steve Spurrier, Jimbo Fisher, Bobby Bowden and Tom Osborne.

At the end of the day, their job is to win games. People are gonna talk shit about NU regardless.

Not disagreeing with you in principle, but Rhule always has these rules in place that give him a cushion to always lose 3-4 games a year.

You really thnk Dominic Raiola gives a **** who's protecting his son the best?
But this team isn't close to accomplishing anything at the upper echelon this year. If we were 1 or 2 of these types of players away from winning big, sure, you may roll the dice.

But this team isn't close to accomplishing anything at the upper echelon this year. If we were 1 or 2 of these types of players away from winning big, sure, you may roll the dice.
Bottom line, Mazz is probably one more screw up away from getting permanently bounced from the team, may as well get some production out of him. The we can totally turn the page on the dude.

If Rhule actually had a burning desire to win, Mazz would be the starter in place of the leaky Lutovsky.
No. Ruhle wants to win regularly and build a sustainable program. You don't do that by letting inmates run the asylum. You establish standards and then hold people accountable to them. So we should bench the guy if he fumbles too much but allow the guy to play if he gets in off field trouble...?

You can't put someone with those issues back in right away. His whole message is the long game with a certain culture. He's trying to make Micah insert himself the right way.
Of course you can insert him, he didn't come here to backup a slug like Lutovsky.
As far as the culture, that's Rhule's built in excuse for losing 3-4 games every season.
It's always the long game.......

Meanwhile, we can't even snap, hold and kick a routine FG. Let's just keep chipping away at our weaknesses as we lose 3-4-5-6 games this year, cause there's always next year.
We been hearing that shit for 8 years now.

Either play Mazz, or boot him and move on. It only hurts the here and now.

Of course you can insert him, he didn't come here to backup a slug like Lutovsky.
As far as the culture, that's Rhule's built in excuse for losing 3-4 games every season.

Meanwhile, we can't even snap, hold and kick a routine FG. Let's just keep chipping away at our weaknesses as we lose 3-4-5-6 games this year, cause there's always next year.

Easy - if your kids did something wrong when they were younger would you reward them for it? Why not?

Sounds like he’s in line to play this week. Not as the starter, but he’s available. If Lutovsky doesn’t get the job done, I would expect he will go in.

Sounds like he’s in line to play this week. Not as the starter, but he’s available. If Lutovsky doesn’t get the job done, I would expect he will go in.
This.

I believe they will look(and were hoping to last week)to have the chance to insert him into the lineup and give him a chance.

You just throw him in there after all of these issues and you send the message to the team that talent will trump attitude. That's something that has killed previous teams here.

Easy - if your kids did something wrong when they were younger would you reward them for it? Why not?
Look, I've said on here multiple times, I don't reward bad behavior, but I'm also not the coach of a multi million dollar football factory that is responsible to win games.

My kids have zero to do with that question. It's not like Mazz wasn't at his 3rd school in 4 years without some vetting, they knew what they were getting.

This.

I believe they will look(and were hoping to last week)to have the chance to insert him into the lineup and give him a chance.

You just throw him in there after all of these issues and you send the message to the team that talent will trump attitude. That's something that has killed previous teams here.
Maybe winning trumps losing.

Reactions: king_kong_
Look, I've said on here multiple times, I don't reward bad behavior, but I'm also not the coach of a multi million dollar football factory that is responsible to win games.

My kids have zero to do with that question. It's not like Mazz wasn't at his 3rd school in 4 years without some vetting, they knew what they were getting.
correct

Rhule is not these men's father, he's their boss in a results-driven business

😳wow somebody peed in your coffee this morning. Beautiful morning today. 42F at sunrise. Gonna be a great day!

I think what he’s saying is either reward him, or kick him out of the house. If I’m reading him correctly…
We act like we have 139 premier citizens and one **** up. If I had a pristine team, and the chance one problem child could **** up the works, I wouldn't have had him on the team to start with.

Since Rhule, et al made the decision to bring in a loose cannon, its up to them to either fix the problem or get rid of the problem. Why drag it out and hope the kid is gonna change?

😳wow somebody peed in your coffee this morning. Beautiful morning today. 42F at sunrise. Gonna be a great day!
Im fine. They brought in a probable trouble maker, and now they get to deal with it.
I'm already running late for my nap, and I always get cranky.

Im fine. They brought in a probable trouble maker, and now they get to deal with it.
I'm already running late for my nap, and I always get cranky.
I think they are dealing with it just fine. We’re the ones freaking out. I chuckled when Rhule said “you guys are spending a lot of time talking about a backup guard”. The message is loud and clear.

Culture in a family is no different than leading an organization or a football team. Anyone who manages larger teams or their own business understands how critical culture is to the overall success of the team and business. It makes total sense how he approaches this.

Reactions: arf_man
I think they are dealing with it just fine. We’re the ones freaking out. I chuckled when Rhule said “you guys are spending a lot of time talking about a backup guard”. The message is loud and clear.
Why would I freak out about a football team coming off multiple years of losing.
We're just gonna find other ways to lose under Rhule.
Let's pretend like Rhule doesn't have a different set of rules for DR from everyone else.

Why would I freak out about a football team coming off multiple years of losing.
We're just gonna find other ways to lose under Rhule.
Let's pretend like Rhule doesn't have a different set of rules for DR from everyone else.
He doesn’t have to worry about that with DR - his work ethic is next-level. Ultimately that’s what you want - is your stars to walk the walk to help set the culture of the team.

yea I'm sure 3-5 years from now this will loom large. Laughing

it's a zero all around.

nobody cares who plays so long as you keep winning.
It’s how the sausage is made. You want to win - I’ll trust the guy that knows how to build cultures and build winners. We are 4-1 and off to the best start in a decade and we think we know more than the guy at the top of a very competitive field.

It’s how the sausage is made. You want to win - I’ll trust the guy that knows how to build cultures and build winners. We are 4-1 and off to the best start in a decade and we think we know more than the guy at the top of a very competitive field.
I don't care about this.

I honestly can't believe anyone cares about this, whether the slant is negative or positive.

stuff like this happens multiple times per season at all 133 FBS schools.

it is a zero.

Reactions: dinglefritz
I don't care about this.

I honestly can't believe anyone cares about this, whether the slant is negative or positive.

stuff like this happens multiple times per season at all 133 FBS schools.

it is a zero.
I understand you could not care less.

If you want results on Saturday’s it happens from the work in the offseason and throughout the week.

But yeah - we should just win - it’s easy!

I understand you could not care less.

If you want results on Saturday’s it happens from the work in the offseason and throughout the week.

But yeah - we should just win - it’s easy!
benching a guy who gets in physical altercations with university employees isn't a groundbreaking culture building strategy

it falls under the header of "no shit"

akin to making the bold decision to switch tv providers after seeing your bill increase 100% month over month

benching a guy who gets in physical altercations with university employees isn't a groundbreaking culture building strategy

it falls under the header of "no shit"

akin to making the bold decision to switch tv providers after seeing your bill increase 100% month over month
So what are we going back and forth about?

So what are we going back and forth about?
you seem to want to act like Rhule is General Patton for the way he's handling this completely obvious scenario

it's a zero

I'd much rather discuss his decision to have the guys circle up pre-game at the 50 yard line on Saturday for a pseudo bull-in-the-ring drill

that is much more of a culture instiller than benching an average player for being an alleged derelict

Last edited:
correct

Rhule is not these men's father, he's their boss in a results-driven business
This is always the most blown out of proportion thing in sports.

Being a father figure is great and stuff but that is not his job, his job is to win games. Period. Graduation rates don't matter, public service doesn't matter, hard majors doesn't matter. It is all nice and stuff and I know a lot of fans pretend to care about it but again, in the end, win games.

If staring Mazz this week will somehow ruin the culture of the team, boot him. But I am guessing it will not ruin the team and probably just help with run blocking and scoring points.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT