ADVERTISEMENT

9-2 with Back to Back wins

Ummm Minnesota?
Exactly. I’m not going to call them a legit team until they go on an actual run of games. Michigan State is 5-5, Kansas State today looked like Nebraska did against Creighton. As far as I’m concerned, we beat Michigan State at home, where we are usually tough, and then today Kansas State shot awful. I don’t consider that turning a corner or being a legit team

Ed769EZXoAAICH2-608x608.jpg

Nebraska basketball is the real deal, they had an off day vs Creighton. They are 100% legit. Just had a legit road win @8-2 K-State and handled Michigan State who just smoked the #6 team in the country.

They deserve their own thread
I'll give the Creighton game. They were on fire. Minnesota was complete failure by coaches and players. ksucks...good win wth

Exactly. I’m not going to call them a legit team until they go on an actual run of games. Michigan State is 5-5, Kansas State today looked like Nebraska did against Creighton. As far as I’m concerned, we beat Michigan State at home, where we are usually tough, and then today Kansas State shot awful. I don’t consider that turning a corner or being a legit team

Lol.

Nebraska had lost 11 straight to Michigan State including their previous 6 home games to average Michigan State teams. Kansas State had won 16 straight Non-Con home games and were coming in with a 5 game winning streak.

There hasn't been a Nebraska team in the last dozen years that would've won those two games in that situation.

Nebraska basketball is the real deal, they had an off day vs Creighton. They are 100% legit. Just had a legit road win @8-2 K-State and handled Michigan State who just smoked the #6 team in the country.

They deserve their own thread
Let’s hope we’re saying the same thing “9-2 w/ back to back wins” about the football team next year.

Yes, I did just try to hijack the thread for football.

Lol.

Nebraska had lost 11 straight to Michigan State including their previous 6 home games to average Michigan State teams. Kansas State had won 16 straight Non-Con home games and were coming in with a 5 game winning streak.

There hasn't been a Nebraska team in the last dozen years that would've won those two games in that situation.
I don't know if Nebraska is legit but they are a good team that will likely have some big wins this year. And also will probably have some head scratching losses as well.

Reactions: ATX Husker
Minnesota game. The team came out at halftime, like they had already won the game.

That happens to teams that haven't figured out how to win...sometimes you can actually get away with it, but Minnesota came out with tenacity and energy and Nebraska could not regain its energy from the first half.

Hopefully a lesson learned.

Lol.

Lol.

Nebraska fans after losing to Creighton and Minnesota - Fire Fred Hoiberg

Nebraska fans after beating a 5-5 Michigan State and beating Kansas State who shot 4-30 from 3 (13%) - Nebraska is the real deal

Reactions: grayhairedfreak

Nebraska fans after beating a 5-5 Michigan State and beating Kansas State who shot 4-30 from 3 (13%) - Nebraska is the real deal
You must be confusing me with someone else... valiant attempt at being cool

It was a comment on the general sentiment of this board after Minnesota, not saying you were in that camp
My original post says Nebraska is the real deal... I thought Nebraska was the real deal before Creighton and I questioned the mental state of this team after losing a 15 halftime lead to Minnesota. The wins over Michigan State and Kansas State shows me they are still in the right head space. Which allows me to feel confident on my original thoughts on them

It was a comment on the general sentiment of this board after Minnesota, not saying you were in that camp
So who did call for Fred to fired, then suddenly flipped to calling NU the real deal?

Should be easy to come up with several names, since it was the general sentiment of the board.

Reactions: timnsun

I was absolutely not one of those irrational fans who wanted Fred's head after the Minnesota loss. In fact, I mocked everyone for it.

They are one of the oldest High Major teams in the country. They basically added 2 guys who would've been leading Candidates for POY in their former conferences - Mast in the Valley and Williams in CUSA.

They are constructed like a Bubble team and I believe they will push for somewhere between 19 and 21 wins before season's end. That's where I saw them before the season, and its where I have them currently.

There are only two major contributors on this team who are under age 22. 7 players in their top 9 player rotation have more than 30 career starts.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
My original post says Nebraska is the real deal... I thought Nebraska was the real deal before Creighton and I questioned the mental state of this team after losing a 15 halftime lead to Minnesota. The wins over Michigan State and Kansas State shows me they are still in the right head space. Which allows me to feel confident on my original thoughts on them
Fair enough. You have an optimistic view of the team, which is not wrong.

I have a pessimistic view of the team and am not impressed enough by the last two wins to think NE is the real deal. I think we miss out on the tourney, even though we have enough talent to get there

I hope you are right and that I’m wrong

Reactions: grayhairedfreak

Okay, thanks for that reality check. Please let us know when it's okay with you to be happy about any win.

I think with Nebrasketball you kind of have to take them a game at a time. You didn't know what you had with them before Creighton because of the schedule. The game at Minnesota was a tough one to swallow. I will give them credit for learning something from those two loses and improving.

The MSU win was big, especially how they came out in the 2nd half and took it to MSU. You can say MSU is a .500 team, but their loses are to JMU (undefeated and ranked) Duke, Arizona, Wisconsin and Nebraska. A good win no matter how you stack it up. What was pretty impressive about the K-State win is how the beat the hell out of K-State in the 2nd half again and how Nebraska only shot 4 free throws the whole game. I could see winning with only 4 free throws, but to win by damn near 20 on the road needs to be noticed.

If Nebraska can stay health they could do some damage. Or they could shit the bed and only win like 6 games in the Big 10. If nothing else it should be entertaining.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT