ADVERTISEMENT

80 years ago, D-Day

Are you for the Russians or are you for the Americans?
Well I’m obviously pro America. Best country ever to exist. I’d prefer to stop sending billions to a very corrupt Ukraine. We didn’t seem to care in 2014… why so passionate now? 🤔

Reactions: TruHusker
13d.gif

I watched a few hours of the memorial programs on Utube. The best was a young french girl who toured all the sites. It was nice to see such respect and emotion from one so young, gives a guy hope. Shout out to my Brothers in the 2nd 75th Rangers and what did that day (s).

Reactions: TampaBaySkers
I watched a few hours of the memorial programs on Utube. The best was a young french girl who toured all the sites. It was nice to see such respect and emotion from one so young, gives a guy hope. Shout out to my Brothers in the 2nd 75th Rangers and what did that day (s).
The French especially in that part of the country think very very highly of Americans and really appreciate the sacrifices young men made

Reactions: GaRed
My grandfather joined as a chaplain after he watched so many of his parishioners go off to war. He said they need a minister. You wre either P C or J

He was with a heavy bombardment group and then a glider group in france after d day
A GLIDER group! I just saw a short segment on TV about glider groups in France. I'm not sure I was ever aware of them before. I definitely need to research this aspect of the war, it fascinates me.

Reactions: bigboxes
Thank you for your service

Reactions: GaRed
A GLIDER group! I just saw a short segment on TV about glider groups in France. I'm not sure I was ever aware of them before. I definitely need to research this aspect of the war, it fascinates me.
I wasn’t aware of gliders until about five years ago. We flew several into France on D-Day.. that is just crazy how dangerous that was. Also learned that over 5000 Piper cubs were doing heavy lifting during the war. They were uniquely suited to flying quietly at low altitudes for a variety of important tasks. also very dangerous as they became detected

The operation started at Pegasus bridge with a british para glider unit. When we graduated airborne school we were allowed to where the glider patch as well as wings. I new of all that from watching " The longest day ".... "Hold until relieved "

Reactions: Wing-Back
Have you never watched “The Longest Day”? If you had, you would know about the gliders. One of the best movies about WWII, along with “Patton”.

It's exactly like WWII. Appeasement to a dictator didn't work back then and it won't work today. You'd think we would have learned our lesson, but time makes things fuzzy for those who never had to sacrifice.

Which dictator are you talking about?

Have you never watched “The Longest Day”? If you had, you would know about the gliders. One of the best movies about WWII, along with “Patton”.
I would recommend you read the Longest Day by Cornelius Ryan. Maybe one of the finest books ever written about World War II.

I agree with that statement although the idiots are not all magically assembled in one political party and not the other.
There are some that are good and some that are in it for personal gain or media attention in both parties. It's probably just magnified now with social media. We haven't had real strong and or competent leadership in almost a decade now. By 28 we will be forced to vote younger and that HAS to be a step in the right direction. At least that is my hope. The people in the country have more in common than not....I hope.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT