ADVERTISEMENT

67-27

Asjohn01

Walk On
Dec 6, 2014
Bo Pelini’s record at Nebraska, *beat Wisconsin, *beat Iowa 3 times

Mike Riley - 24-26 *getting to 7-0 and top 10 *almost beat Wisconsin twice

Scott Frost- 8-13 *almost beat Iowa

Be careful what you wish for. Maybe this turns around, but I miss the times where we would actually win more than we lost

Be careful what you wish for. Maybe this turns around, but I miss the times where we would actually win more than we lost

that time is coming my man. Trust the processes. Every football expert out there all agree Scott Frost is the right man for the gig and will have our Huskers winning again. Our rebuild is just going to take time. Frost didn’t have the luxury of having a great roster to work with, so right out of the great he’s needing to load the talent up for us. Once those sophomores and freshmen become of age, we will see things flip in a hurry. GBR

I will agree with you based on who left the program, but when he got the job the recruiting classes were pretty good

Reactions: Huskred01
I will agree with you based on who left the program, but when he got the job the recruiting classes were pretty good

they where’ decent, I admit that. But you have to remember almost every 4 star player we had transferred out, didn’t qualify or was a bust. Mikey Riley absolutely left Frost nothing to work with outside Stan the Man Morgan Jr, JD Speilman, Lamar Jackson and Ozigbo (and maybe B Jaimes, K and C Davis)

Bo Pelini, is that you?

that time is coming my man. Trust the processes. Every football expert out there all agree Scott Frost is the right man for the gig and will have our Huskers winning again. Our rebuild is just going to take time. Frost didn’t have the luxury of having a great roster to work with, so right out of the great he’s needing to load the talent up for us. Once those sophomores and freshmen become of age, we will see things flip in a hurry. GBR
I think some of the "football experts" have cooled on that prediction

they where’ decent, I admit that. But you have to remember almost every 4 star player we had transferred out, didn’t qualify or was a bust. Mikey Riley absolutely left Frost nothing to work with outside Stan the Man Morgan Jr, JD Speilman, Lamar Jackson and Ozigbo (and maybe B Jaimes, K and C Davis)

Riley left Frost enough that things should've been better than they are now. Coaching, roster/player management, in-game decisions, and recruiting have all been meh.

Out of Bo's 27 losses how many really could have (maybe should have) been wins?

ISU game?

Any others?

Too late for a Bo warning here. You might want to give your message to Penguin fans because he is now being dragged around on their boards with a lot wanting to fire him (complaining of recruiting has fallen off and he ‘just hired his buddies’ and not best available coaches). They are are getting restless

Out of Bo's 27 losses how many really could have (maybe should have) been wins?

ISU game?

Any others?

Texas Tech, aTm, both Big 12 Championship Games. He did win alot of close games, especially the last several years. In 09, 10 and 11 it seemed like we found ways to lose to only win 9-10 games and then by the end we found miraculous ways to win to get to 9 wins (Westerkamp Hail Mary, DPE punt return).

Reactions: Lincoln100
Riley left Frost enough that things should've been better than they are now. Coaching, roster/player management, in-game decisions, and recruiting have all been meh.

That is true. There is a reality, or middle ground or whatever, that everyone needs to accept. We are not very deep or very talented. That is just a fact, stating that is not an excuse. Looking at old recruiting rankings, of guys that are mostly gone, to evaluate the talent level of tis team is stupid. Ignoring the lack of development that has occurred, due to coaching changes is ignorant and pointing it out is not making excuses. Having said that, we could have/should have won a lot more games the past two years and much of that does fall on the coaching staff. This same team, with all its' flaws, still blew double digit leads against Indiana, Purdue and Colorado. No reason at all we shouldn't have 6 or 7 wins right now. The talent level and development of our players has to improve if we are going to compete with the best teams in the conference, but the coaching has to improve too.

I think that the physical development of the players has improved a lot, but the mental development is lagging way behind for some of them.

Reactions: headcard
Texas Tech, aTm, both Big 12 Championship Games. He did win alot of close games, especially the last several years. In 09, 10 and 11 it seemed like we found ways to lose to only win 9-10 games and then by the end we found miraculous ways to win to get to 9 wins (Westerkamp Hail Mary, DPE punt return).

Which TT game?

I totally forgot about that OU game in the Big 12 Championship...wasn't that like 17-0 at one point?

Which TT game?

I totally forgot about that OU game in the Big 12 Championship...wasn't that like 17-0 at one point?
2008. The one at their place where we had it won and then they converted on 4th down deep in their own territory on a long pass to Crabtree and then beat us in OT. Could add VT the next year, when we gave up a long TD pass late and lost by 1.

Bo Pelini was 5-27 against top 25 teams...his biggest wins were against a 6 win Wisky team...against Michigan with their backup qb and against OSU during their 6 win season. He played in a period of historical weakness in the conference and still couldn't make a BCS bowl...some of his teams were little better than this one but could get it done against poor competition. I personally didn't watch many games his last two years because he is a disgusting human being. And he won nothing of consequence. So I'll take a Frost team and group of coaches that are trying to be decent human beings but might be .500 over a team of garbage people win 3 more games a year but nothing of consequence.

Bo has very successfully turned the Youngnstown State program around! They were a perennial powerhouse, now in the last three seasons they have gone 15-16 and are currently 1-4 in the MVFC. The MVFC. The MVFC.

But he is still aces at throwing tantrums.

Bo Pelini was 5-27 against top 25 teams...his biggest wins were against a 6 win Wisky team...against Michigan with their backup qb and against OSU during their 6 win season. He played in a period of historical weakness in the conference and still couldn't make a BCS bowl...some of his teams were little better than this one but could get it done against poor competition. I personally didn't watch many games his last two years because he is a disgusting human being. And he won nothing of consequence. So I'll take a Frost team and group of coaches that are trying to be decent human beings but might be .500 over a team of garbage people win 3 more games a year but nothing of consequence.
I would say his two biggest wins were the two games after the "Red Out Around the World" disaster @Okie Light and at home against #6 Mizzou.

Wow bro, tell us how you really feel. No offense, that’s a little uncalled for. Why not skip it if you disliked it. You didn’t have to post or respond.

Let's say Frost goes 1-2 to finish the season at 5-8

His record will 9-15. He will have to go ( if my math is right)

59-15 OVER THE NEXT 6 YEARS to match Bo's record . Not !

Reactions: JohnRossEwing

He also almost beat Ohio St, which Riley never came close too. Bo beat them once I believe, when they sucked. We all can see Frost is struggling. This program should be farther along than what they are. My question is what should Nebraska football do at this point? Fire Frost? Is that what some really want? I just don't see any gains in that. We just set the program back another 1-3 years. I think we need to stay the course with Frost for at min another 3 years no matter the record. When Frost has everybody on the team his guys and we are still struggling to get to 8 or 9 wins then yes it is probably time to move on.
Now Im not saying just because we keep Frost that we also have to keep his assistants. Dabo had to can some of his assistants year 2 at Clemson before things flipped. The pimp Fleck had to get rid of his D coordinator the back half of last year and has went 12-2 since. Bad assistants can really really affect a team. We might be seeing a bit of that here.

Let's say Frost goes 1-2 to finish the season at 5-8

His record will 9-15. He will have to go ( if my math is right)

59-15 OVER THE NEXT 6 YEARS to match Bo's record . Not !
We would be 5-7 and I don't really think it is an apples to apples comparison do you?

Reactions: Thomud

It's been downhill for a while now. Wisconsin and Iowa are now automatic losses. Minnesota is 2 out of last 3. OSU & Michigan - we take the week off.

Bozo also got boat raced by the fat man in the conference championship, he gave up 400 plus yards to Melvin Gordon (just scored again) at the end of his tenure he was clueless wanted to be fired,couldn’t recruit.
no thanks I’ll take my chances with frost.

Bo has very successfully turned the Youngnstown State program around! They were a perennial powerhouse, now in the last three seasons they have gone 15-16 and are currently 1-4 in the MVFC. The MVFC. The MVFC.

But he is still aces at throwing tantrums.
YSU was a power house in the late 1990s. They have been to the 1-AA/FCS playoffs twice since 1999 (2000, 2016....the last one with Pelini; lost in championship game that season). I'm not going to say he has lit up the world there, but I'd be hard-pressed to say he trashed a perennial powerhouse when they've only been to the payoffs twice in the last 20 years--one of which was with him as coach.

And...the MVFC is the SEC of the FCS level....with North Dakota State as its Alabama.

Oh...YSU's facilities are awesome for a school at that level.....but get on Google Maps sometime and check out the neighborhoods to the west, north, and east of the campus. I'm guessing it might be tougher to recruit there than it was 20-30 years ago.

Last edited:
Pelini is a good coach. Not elite. Nothing more than good. His players love him though. He united Callahan’s players and didn’t isolate them. I’ll give him that. Had he kept his temper he probably wins a big ten championship and is still out coach

Pelini is a good coach. Not elite. Nothing more than good. His players love him though. He united Callahan’s players and didn’t isolate them. I’ll give him that. Had he kept his temper he probably wins a big ten championship and is still out coach
How was he going to win a Big Ten Championship?

In 7 years he went to 4 championship games? He basically won 1 minus the BCS screwing us over. I bet he would have won in 2016 with Tommy. Not guaranteed but a good chance. He wasn’t the worst coach. We did have some pretty good times during his tenure. Some low ones too. But he did a good job relative to what it is now

In 7 years he went to 4 championship games? He basically won 1 minus the BCS screwing us over. I bet he would have won in 2016 with Tommy. Not guaranteed but a good chance. He wasn’t the worst coach. We did have some pretty good times during his tenure. Some low ones too. But he did a good job relative to what it is now
He went to 3 championship games, not 4. The only one we went to in the Big Ten, we gave up 70 to a 6- win Wisconsin team. I also don’t know how in the world you think we were beating OSU in 2016. They went to the CFB playoff and beat us by 59 points.

Reactions: artguy68
Okay. I bet he has us at least playing in one in 2016. Point is he wasn’t that bad. If he were born west of Omaha we would call his anger “passion”.

Riley wasn’t 24-26

more heartbreaking: the lekevin smith fumble or the terrance nunn fumble?

was in the student section for both. absolutely brutal.
Terrance Nunn fumble no doubt. Poor kid, that was just a great hit (head placement) by the Texas defender.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT